What Life Advice Can You Offer From Your Own Experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
What advice can you give to others about your experiences in life? They can be serious or not so serious. I'll begin.

Never eat Doritos while leaning back. I almost choked to death on one before.:p

Always make sure that you note what level and area you park your vehicle in when you park in an unfamiliar parking deck.

Never assume the goodwill of strangers and always expect that someone is willing to profit from your loss - because right now, there already is someone who is willing to do exactly that.

On a serious note. Don't use alcohol or drugs to solve your problems. They help for a while, but then end up contributing to the problems that you are trying to solve in the first place.

LoneKiller said:
On a serious note. Don't use alcohol or drugs to solve your problems. They help for a while, but then end up contributing to the problems that you are trying to solve in the first place.

PAS0167.jpg

don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

and,

if you have no expectations, you can't be let down.

Do not compare your life to other's. You live life in a way that is best for you.

Don't assume anything until you know full facts. Worrying is a waste of time, just let things happen. :) And waste of energy.

Question everything. Question yourself, question what other people are saying, question what you always believed, and then question whatever answers you get and where they came from.

Realize what privileges you have (e.g. straight privilege, white privilege, class privilege etc.) and what they're doing for you. Work on understanding people who don't have those privileges. Realize what misconceptions about the world your privilege has given you and start unlearning them.

Live in the moment. You can't never know if you lose someone dear. I learned that when my mom was very sick. :(

ajdass1 said:
Question everything. Question yourself, question what other people are saying, question what you always believed, and then question whatever answers you get and where they came from.

Realize what privileges you have (e.g. straight privilege, white privilege, class privilege etc.) and what they're doing for you. Work on understanding people who don't have those privileges. Realize what misconceptions about the world your privilege has given you and start unlearning them.

This is one of my life goals. :) I find certain attitudes to be very entrenched and that it'd take years to unentrench them.

I value understanding those that are different though.

Never ever, ever, get involved in a relationship with someone who is 'taken', no matter how much kinship you feel. I know it sounds obvious... Very nearly destroyed me and still might.

1.Don't waste your time with explanations. People only hear what they want to hear.
2.Never go out of your way to explain someone your honesty,sincerity and worth. Time has its own way of revealing the truth.
3.Failure is not as full and final as we tend to believe, when we are down and out.

Trust in no one but yourself and never let people in real life get too close to you. They will end up letting you down. And it's okay to be a little selfish now and then, everyone else does it.

Latest posts

Back