What Life Advice Can You Offer From Your Own Experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That it's ok to not be where you want to be or fall back because life isn't perfect and other people don't always hold their promises. Basically, try not to beat yourself up over something you can't control. Life isn't perfect, and nobody else is. Just try to improve the situation.

When you are having a problem with someone that you love, try your hardest to resolve the issues as soon as humanly possible. You never know when they might pass away, whether it be due to natural causes, accidents, or God forbid suicide or murder. Failure to do so can result in much pain and many questions that will never be answered. Leaving you in constant torment.

If you do something wrong, forgive yoursef because agonizing isn't doing any good.

Shetland said:
Never ever, ever, get involved in a relationship with someone who is 'taken', no matter how much kinship you feel. I know it sounds obvious... Very nearly destroyed me and still might.

I know this soooo well. :(

Take the opportunity to learn when you can. You'll miss the time later on and wish that you had; its helpful, of course, to try to get perspective on how to apply what you learn to your goals.

If your throat itches, scratch your ear and it will go away (believe it or not it works...).

ForEverythingAReason said:
Shetland said:
Never ever, ever, get involved in a relationship with someone who is 'taken', no matter how much kinship you feel. I know it sounds obvious... Very nearly destroyed me and still might.

Emotionally dominant rather than physical? I was left in a mess, I can't really elaborate too much, I have been caught 'gossiping' about it before, and it solved nothing. What I will say is it was generated on a web forum where a common interest appeared to be shared.

The continued agony is the people concerned are involved in the same hobbies I have, they have the upper hand since they are more popular with other members, so the loneliness once again become reinforced.

But in the end I think all of us involved was just trying to deal with our own dose of lifes honeysuckle. I still view the matter as a great friendship opportunity lost.

However the article I have posted in 'loneliness' has helped me figure out my own role in the situation.

Shetland said:
ForEverythingAReason said:
Shetland said:

Emotionally dominant rather than physical? I was left in a mess, I can't really elaborate too much, I have been caught 'gossiping' about it before, and it solved nothing. What I will say is it was generated on a web forum where a common interest appeared to be shared.

The continued agony is the people concerned are involved in the same hobbies I have, they have the upper hand since they are more popular with other members, so the loneliness once again become reinforced.

But in the end I think all of us involved was just trying to deal with our own dose of lifes honeysuckle. I still view the matter as a great friendship opportunity lost.

However the article I have posted in 'loneliness' has helped me figure out my own role in the situation.

Yes, emotional rather than physical. I can't go into it much either, as she appears to have eyes bloody everywhere.

Change your pillow case every 2 days to rid yourself of acne, the oil from your hair is getting onto your face.

All of the horrible things in life are funny, hop on board so you can at least see how the train wreck goes

red play dough does not taste like strawberries

do not stuff styrofoam up your nose

Rather than trying to appear busy, make a huge show about how much you are slacking off and everyone will think you're just joking around and they will assume you are a rockstar at your job.

switch to ATI video cards if you use an SLI configuration, with crossfire you can use a heterogenius configuration which will save you money in the long run

Don't waste money on an N type router or cat 6 cable if your your internet speed is slower than a G router or what plain cat 5 can handle (Unless you're running a huge home network)

If you're having a shitty day, stare at a picture of boobs for a few minutes and you'll be surprised at how happy it makes you.

to take a long break from work, consider hiding in the bathroom stalls for an extended period of time. If asked what you were doing, describe a horrifying bowel movement in such detail that you are quickly cut off.

If someone goes out of their way to insult you and you cant come up with a witty comeback, play along and start acting what you've been accused of doing in exagerrated detail. The person will either end up laughing with you or come off as retarded.

proudly admit to your farts. These are yours and no one else may have them.

Watch at least one explotation film like barbarella or heavy metal and think of how awesome it would be to design your own. This will stir your creative juices by removing your inhibitions as to what is too stupid to be written down.

purchase a decent sound card for your computer if you spend a considerable amount of time on it. while onboard sound has come a long way, you don't realize what you are missing in terms of quality.

Better to guard your nuts with your hands when someone pretends to kick them and look like a fool, than not do so and be kicked in the junk

Don't be happy with being sensitive, a whole world of ideas and thoughts are being missed out on because you refuse to associate with the dreges.

Focus on what you're being told. Do you believe it because you like the idea and want it to be true, or because it logically makes sense?

Do not pet your cat backwards, you're being a dick

Limlim said:
Change your pillow case every 2 days to rid yourself of acne, the oil from your hair is getting onto your face.

All of the horrible things in life are funny, hop on board so you can at least see how the train wreck goes

red play dough does not taste like strawberries

do not stuff styrofoam up your nose

Rather than trying to appear busy, make a huge show about how much you are slacking off and everyone will think you're just joking around and they will assume you are a rockstar at your job.

switch to ATI video cards if you use an SLI configuration, with crossfire you can use a heterogenius configuration which will save you money in the long run

Don't waste money on an N type router or cat 6 cable if your your internet speed is slower than a G router or what plain cat 5 can handle (Unless you're running a huge home network)

If you're having a shitty day, stare at a picture of boobs for a few minutes and you'll be surprised at how happy it makes you.

to take a long break from work, consider hiding in the bathroom stalls for an extended period of time. If asked what you were doing, describe a horrifying bowel movement in such detail that you are quickly cut off.

If someone goes out of their way to insult you and you cant come up with a witty comeback, play along and start acting what you've been accused of doing in exagerrated detail. The person will either end up laughing with you or come off as retarded.

proudly admit to your farts. These are yours and no one else may have them.

Watch at least one explotation film like barbarella or heavy metal and think of how awesome it would be to design your own. This will stir your creative juices by removing your inhibitions as to what is too stupid to be written down.

purchase a decent sound card for your computer if you spend a considerable amount of time on it. while onboard sound has come a long way, you don't realize what you are missing in terms of quality.

Better to guard your nuts with your hands when someone pretends to kick them and look like a fool, than not do so and be kicked in the junk

Don't be happy with being sensitive, a whole world of ideas and thoughts are being missed out on because you refuse to associate with the dreges.

Focus on what you're being told. Do you believe it because you like the idea and want it to be true, or because it logically makes sense?

Do not pet your cat backwards, you're being a dick

Disclaimer: the above is only true and applicable in Canada.

Always be cautious when dealing with someone who is under the influence of drugs/alcohol. You can turn your back on a person, but never a chemical.

I could offer some advice, but this song says it better:

[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back