What Life Advice Can You Offer From Your Own Experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a chance;

No one else notices so stop worrying;

Don’t be afraid to step outside the box;

You’re never as bad as you think you are;

Fear the Batman;

Being pessimistic/cynical is not the same as being wise - everyone is self-interested, that's the way we were built; be on the lookout for it, but don't let it get you down.

Being nice and being a good person are two completely different things.

It's a little bit cliche, but completely true, that I have learned far more from my failures than my successes.

All those pithy sayings about determination and persistence are great - but sometimes you need to reevaluate what you are doing when you are pursuing some goal, and ask yourself "even if I succeed here, is this what I really want?"

WebMD is a dangerous thing - I'm always wrong with my self-diagnoses

When people say, "give to charity, it feels good" they are wrong (sorry) - I drop $10 in the red kettle and all I feel is that I want my $10 back. Helping the people close to you makes a much bigger difference both to them and you.

The reason men aren't allowed to cry: It is to make sure that they are able to control their emotions at times when everything around them is falling apart - I never appreciated this until my Jackie was very sick, and needed me to be strong while she broke down - if I had cried too, there would have been no one there to comfort her.

Try not to hurt people, but if you do, man up and say your sorry.

Life isn't fair.

People who say "someone should do something", without doing anything are best ignored.

Don't pepper spray yourself out of curiosity.

If you have a choice between having brains and having guts - it's better to have guts.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee

• Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
  • You will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
  • Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining.
  • Never cook bacon while naked. Seriously.
  • It is really true - 'That which does not kill us, makes us stronger'.
  • If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
  • Keep grinning. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Let them underestimate you - it gives you a huge advantage when you strike.
  • As much as I still want to believe it, it turns out that my Daddy is not Superman.

You can't know everything. Because for the rest, you got the internet.

If you know how, then you can turn a bath into a wellness trip, with just a bit of milk and honey in the water

Most women seem to like the scent of Vanilla (but not on guys).

Don't let anyone define who you are, always be yourself.

“be yourself- not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be.”
― Henry David Thoreau

“The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be.
Don't let them put you in that position.”
― Leo Buscaglia

“You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?”
― Dr. Seuss

“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel.
Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to -
letting a person be what he really is.”
― Jim Morrison

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
― Marilyn Monroe, Marilyn

i learned something. we all have the power to change our reality.
There are good and bad things in EVERYTHING that happens to us. We just need to decide which thing we will focus on.
When i was younger, i was ignored by everyone. I was an outcast (and i still am). Hated by everyone.
This may be considered bad. But i learned to see the good things about it. If i could go back in time, i would change nothing.
being ignored and hated turned me into very strong person, prepared for everything, all the moments in life.
I'm proud of what i am now.
I may be an outcast, yes, but im good with myself. im prepared.
I could only find a meaning in life by standing there all alone. Loneliness is great for u can find a meaning in life, for u can build a goal in ur life, for u can know urself better.
So, my advice is: if somethings "bad" happens to you, sit there in the dark, alone, and try to find a good thing about it. you WILL find. and once you find it, embrace this thing.

Don't eat any wooden nickles. Wait, that's not right.

Make your life mean something because at the end of it none of us truly know what's next.

Oh and if the expiration date has passed and it doesn't smell quite right, DON'T EAT IT.

This is how I feel about it in mid-life, but its far from the fairytale book scenario

If someone is out of order, there is no point retaliating in angry revenge, because no one sees the cause - just your anger - then nothing is learned and you just create a chain reaction of bitterness - which creates more unhappiness.

'peace is not to be without conflict, but the ability to deal with it'

If you allow others poisonous words or actions to destroy you - they have won

People who will pull down your good intentions - just have no concept of them, so don't condemn the innocent.

Forget the actions of your enemies, because your grief will never change them or what has happened.

Love, respect and care for yourself in as much abundance you give to others.

Fairness, respect and kindness make this world a better place, without it we are just still cavemen.

Stress is just a problem 'without a solution' - there are always solutions

We all want to be loved and accepted, the very bad people have received far less of this than we have.

Logic is a far better friend than emotion

Every single person on this planet is equal - if it wasn't meant to be so, they wouldn't be here.

Acceptance is better than unhappiness

Never reach too high or you will fall off the top of the ladder

Beauty is the eye of the beholder, the rest is just vanity and we are our own worst critics.

Fear is a 'warning' device - it doesn't mean there is actually a fire - so never give up hope or faith for the things you wish for or deserve. Just accept the odds and never put them a zero - zero only exists if you say it does.

We are all on a roller coaster, we have to accept the scary bits as well as the thrills or we become disillusioned.

Being here gives us opportunity to full fill our wishes. We were given 'life' the rest is up to us to find, nothing came with a guarantee. So go hunting for what you want out of it.

Life is what you make it, that is the only thing that is certain.

Do the opposite of all above and you run the risk of being unhappy of yourself and others.

At the end of it all - The only thing you leave with is what you created. The ferrari stays on the drive.

Exit the Holodeck once in a while. ;)

What if you're in a Holodeck in a Holodeck, how would you know what would be reality 8-|

Do what you feel is right to you. It's your life to live and the only one you have.

This kind of ties in to the other post I wrote..but.. to add to it..

Do what you feel is best for you...at your own pace and make sure it's something you can handle. There's going to be people out there who don't understand and go by what society thinks is normal, and have this close minded view of how life is supposed to be. If anyone knew what you went through, they'd probably back off. Also, you have to surround yourself with people who understand you and support your decisions. Everybody has their opinions but don't let anyone put force on you. Get out if you must, get help, do what you need to to live peacefully. You can't just jump in two feet first when you are learning how to work your way into something and are scared. Small steps..

From my experience I can say, don't try too hard. There is nothing wrong with being stubborn, but don't be afraid of failure. Also don't take very much to heart. There are so many people out there who will happily try to put you down. Just shrug it off.

Latest posts

Back