What Life Advice Can You Offer From Your Own Experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone dares you to touch your tongue to the end of a 9 volt battery- don't

If someone dares you to touch your tongue to bare metal in winter when it's freezing out- don't!

If the bullies are suddenly nice to you be afraid- be very afraid!

Cops are not your friend, they're just trying to get more dirt on you when they "buddy up".

Find goals in life to shoot for. Otherwise, you'll just be wandering aimlessly and trying to figure out why your even waking up in the morning.

Make the ones closest to your heart the most important thing in your life. They are the ones that will still continue to love you through anything. Whether it's your parents, brother, cousin, or a close friend. You only get one mother and father. Pray that their lives are long so that you can spend as much time as possible with them. Say the same prayer for your other loved ones also.

If you currently in a feud with any of them and not talking to each other out of anger and stubbornness, try to make up with them at all costs. Humans are capable of some amazing things, but knowing the future with any degree of certainty isn't one of them.

Should the loved one that you are fighting with happen to God forbid, pass away or just disappear one day, you will live the rest of your life in regret and constantly bashing yourself for giving him or her the silent treatment like a child. Most likely over something very stupid. It will eat away at you, which is a tremendous amount of stress which has the potential to kill you.

Other people that you meet come and go, but your loved ones are there forever in most cases. Focus on what you do have in life. Not what you don't. Don't hold grudges. Do your very best to resolve a problematic matter you have with others. Life is too **** short to spend your time hating others. Constantly spending your time thinking about how much you dislike someone only causes undue stress on yourself which can result in physical and mental health issues.

In three years I've been here, I like some others, have had their rocky experiences, but for the most part they have been good. The compassion I have seen here has been remarkable. To this very day it still amazes me that so many of us here are lonely. Anyone who can offer sage advice and display such compassion for another person should have no problem making friends irl. The very advice we often give is the same advice we should be taking ourselves.

Take all of the advice and compassion you have showed and apply to the people irl that you truly care about. They will be there when your are in inexplicable pain. Problems that no computer can fix.

We have been through members dying. Some of their loved ones dying also. Racing to their aid and consoling them in their time of pain is a wonderful thing. When Jilted died, the nature of the replies was truly extraordinary. Show yourselves the same respect.

I'm am a person who is very hard on himself. I spent several years hurting others and ripping them off for my own selfish gain. I used to work for a dealer delivering drugs to some of the kindest people I ever met, knowing Goddamn well just how much it will eventually destroy who they are, and that's a true shame. But it was all because of the choices I made. Nobody coerced me. I made choices and had to live with the results.

It all turned me into a walking fresia-up and I couldn't hack it anymore. My conscience was beginning to become suppressed to a degree that turns people into monsters. If you don't give a honeysuckle about someone else, it's utterly amazing at what one is capable of doing to them to satisfy their own needs. I swore that I would never return to that way of life ever again. With a huge wake up call from God, my family and my doctor, my healing has been a success.

I can't tell you how many times I have apologized to some of you
for my bad conduct at times. The only reason I apologize is because I think enough of the person to do so. After all of the pain
I've caused in my life, the LAST thing I want to do is hurt others and it pisses me off when I do.

I am a touchy person. No doubt about it. But one thing I am not is someone who doesn't care. Anyone who has been through what I have (and I'm sure that many of you have.) can understand how one could develop a touchy nature. I can't help it. Do you think I like being touchy? I ******* hate it. But as result of the choices I made in life, I've become that way. I blame nobody else for this at all. If I lose a chess game after staring at the board for 4 hours, it disappoints me. I failed my last belt test and it bothered me, but I not to the extent where I'd start crying and punching walls. I just need to work harder. Case closed.

When it comes to dealing with some of the issues many of us have here, it's much harder for me to just shrug it off. My losing a chess game or failing a belt promotion doesn't have the same impact on my psyche as it does here. If I win the chess game, I shake hands with my opponent, we go over it afterwards, and when finished we both go home. If the player I beat is much better than me, sometimes I'll razz him or her in jest, but only because I know that 9 times of 10 I get crushed by them. They know how good it feels to beat another who is a much stronger player. It's a nice feeling.

The way I operate now is to always do my best to respect others. I really do. I pride myself on looking for the good in a person as opposed to the bad. When I believe that I'm being mocked or
disrespected weather it's a result of my taking a comment the wrong way, it still pisses me off. I know that it's my problem and not someone else's. I'm just trying to explain to you all how I feel as honestly as I can. Sometimes it's hard to tell if another is just kidding me or not.

I just want you all to know this. If I have insulted someone or offended them in some way, just let me know straight up. Don't candy coat it or ignore my messages asking why. I don't blow up over people speaking their mind if I know that it's true and just. Don't pretend to be nice and like me when you really feel like tearing my head off. It feels nice when someone is nice to you. They mean well, but how does the person in doubt truly know
without being able to see their facial expressions or body language
indicating their disdain?

I'm not sure what else to say.

-Jason

Latest posts

Back