What made you cry today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your mom being ill,Fairy!

Hope she'll get well soon!

Watching a couple of programs on teenage/young mental illness; it brings back a lot of memories. I want to reach out and help these young people, because there wasn't really anyone there to help me when I needed it.

user 130057 said:
Watching a couple of programs on teenage/young mental illness; it brings back a lot of memories. I want to reach out and help these young people, because there wasn't really anyone there to help me when I needed it.

You could, I think you would be **** good at it.

the thought of how lonely some people must be, especially with mental illness

Waking up today, and thinking the last week had been a dream, then realising it wasn't...

Something totally stupid and random has snowballed into a big mess - toilet broke last time I flushed it one night, so water was pouring out all night, flooded the bathroom, flooded the kitchen, builder said I need new kitchen and new bathroom floor but insurance may try to wriggle out of paying for it, so only other option is to sell my home, which is the only financial stability I have left (am pretty broke and just about managing to keep up with large debt repayments despite my income improving over last few years).

Add to this my only 2 real friends have pretty much abandoned me, and what family I have are dealing with troubles of their own so I don't really have a support network at all, which I really do feel when the crap hits the fan :( At the moment I wish there was a button I could press that would just painlessly end my existence, but as there isn't even escape isn't an option as I could never put anyone through all that so somehow I just have to carry on and endure.

Also it seems quite pathetic to be bothered by such a trivial thing when other people have real problems :(

TheWalkingDead said:
Waking up today, and thinking the last week had been a dream, then realising it wasn't...

Something totally stupid and random has snowballed into a big mess - toilet broke last time I flushed it one night, so water was pouring out all night, flooded the bathroom, flooded the kitchen, builder said I need new kitchen and new bathroom floor but insurance may try to wriggle out of paying for it, so only other option is to sell my home, which is the only financial stability I have left (am pretty broke and just about managing to keep up with large debt repayments despite my income improving over last few years).

Add to this my only 2 real friends have pretty much abandoned me, and what family I have are dealing with troubles of their own so I don't really have a support network at all, which I really do feel when the crap hits the fan :( At the moment I wish there was a button I could press that would just painlessly end my existence, but as there isn't even escape isn't an option as I could never put anyone through all that so somehow I just have to carry on and endure.

Also it seems quite pathetic to be bothered by such a trivial thing when other people have real problems :(

Hang in there, TWD. I know it will improve for you no matter how bleak the future looks from this side of the fence. And those aren't trivial things, your problems are just as real as anyone else's. I'm not a homeowner, so I'm not sure what the right step would be in that situation, but I'm sure the others here can contribute much better.

user 130057 said:

Perhaps you could. There are plenty of lost and confused adolescents out there who aren't sure how to deal with mental illness when confronted with it, and who could definitely use a gentle helping hand.

Thanks Aisha, it helps to know that just one person has acknowledged my struggle.

I was just picking myself up when I find 2 mice running around my kitchen floor, they bolted and I could hear them running around inside all the furnishings, then they popped out, stared me in the face, then bolted into my understairs cupboard. This isn't a new problem but one that I thought I'd got rid of, but is starting up again, they are breeding somewhere, there's nothing in my house they can eat, it's all sealed away, but they seem to keep passing through.

I've got traps down (I use snap traps after spending a fortune on humane traps that didn't catch one mouse) which work now and then but I'm getting overrun, along with the flood, and finance problems, it's driving me mad....

So what made me cry this time is picking myself up, just to have something else knock me down again, it's getting like I just expect something bad to happen and want to go to bed and just sleep time away, maybe that's what I'll do shortly.

^ So sorry you are having a rough time. I hope your insurance comes through for you. I sincerely hope you can hold onto your house, is there anyway could fix it a bit at a time and work around it for now? Your debts will get better eventually. It just feels like a constant uphill struggle at times, with one problem then another and no let up.

The mouse thing have you tried to contact your local council. Mine deals with mice for free, and it worked. I didn't have them, but my neighbour did and they rang and asked and they came out and dealt with them, I don't know which method. My Dad used to use humane traps and the mice just ignored them lol.

Its ok to cry, I have been in your position too many times. I can remember some glass shattering in my hand and just breaking down and sat on the floor and cried for an hour. It was the last straw, but I got thorough it eventually. Sometimes it would be nice to share the burden of these things.

Is it possible you are feeling depressed and suffer from anxiety? If so have you thought about talking to your GP?

I sincerely hope you feel better today and it stays that way. If you need someone to talk to please feel free to pm.

She-ra said:
^ So sorry you are having a rough time. I hope your insurance comes through for you. I sincerely hope you can hold onto your house, is there anyway could fix it a bit at a time and work around it for now? Your debts will get better eventually. It just feels like a constant uphill struggle at times, with one problem then another and no let up.

The mouse thing have you tried to contact your local council. Mine deals with mice for free, and it worked. I didn't have them, but my neighbour did and they rang and asked and they came out and dealt with them, I don't know which method. My Dad used to use humane traps and the mice just ignored them lol.

Its ok to cry, I have been in your position too many times. I can remember some glass shattering in my hand and just breaking down and sat on the floor and cried for an hour. It was the last straw, but I got thorough it eventually. Sometimes it would be nice to share the burden of these things.

Is it possible you are feeling depressed and suffer from anxiety? If so have you thought about talking to your GP?

I sincerely hope you feel better today and it stays that way. If you need someone to talk to please feel free to pm.

Thanks, yes that's certainly possible, but think it's reactive rather than underlying. I go through a lot of stages when dealing with things, what used to take me months (something like this would set me into a mood spiral for months on end) will nowadays take me far less time to adjust to, but it does mean I go through each stage more intensely and end up having a very rough ride. It goes denial/shock, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance as with typical adjustment/grieving, it's my view that it's the brain rewiring itself to a new situation so is bound to be difficult, but knowing all that doesn't help sometimes!

I've been seeing a therapist for 7 years on and off, but she is quitting in August - talk about bad timing!!!!!!!!! :club:

TheWalkingDead said:
She-ra said:

Thanks, yes that's certainly possible, but think it's reactive rather than underlying. I go through a lot of stages when dealing with things, what used to take me months (something like this would set me into a mood spiral for months on end) will nowadays take me far less time to adjust to, but it does mean I go through each stage more intensely and end up having a very rough ride. It goes denial/shock, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance as with typical adjustment/grieving, it's my view that it's the brain rewiring itself to a new situation so is bound to be difficult, but knowing all that doesn't help sometimes!

I've been seeing a therapist for 7 years on and off, but she is quitting in August - talk about bad timing!!!!!!!!! :club:

Sorry about your therapist :/.

Just another thought is the damage bad enough to get a loss adjuster involved?

PenDragon said:
Can't believe myself that I can go to that low, disgusting really disgusting, very close to self loathing.

Hey I you ok there PD?

She-ra said:
PenDragon said:
Can't believe myself that I can go to that low, disgusting really disgusting, very close to self loathing.

Hey I you ok there PD?

Yeah, I'm good, just remembering those moments of selfishness. I wonder what's the limit of Selfishness...

ladyforsaken said:
Sorry to hear about that, Fairy. :(
Hoping for a speedy recovery for her. Best wishes.

Magalie said:
Sorry to hear about your mom being ill,Fairy!

Hope she'll get well soon!

Thank you guys... She isn't any better. :(

Latest posts

Back