What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
user 130057 said:
My mum's cooking.

Share! :)

The food or the experience? The food is gone and I think the recipe would sound bloody awful to most people, but it's something I remember from my youth and it tastes a lot better than it would sound.

I'd have to show you in order for you to understand. I'll attempt to explain. It's northern stuff - called a turkey tatey pot. I don't expect that to mean anything, but it's basically all the meat from left over turkey legs, wings and haunches cut into chunks and boiled along with loads of black pudding, carrots and onion. All the stock is then turned into a really spicy gravy then re-added to the meat in a casserole dish. You wait for it to firm up a bit then top it off with loads of chunks of boiled potato and cook it in the oven until all the potatoes are golden and crispy on top.

user 130057 said:
I'd have to show you in order for you to understand. I'll attempt to explain. It's northern stuff - called a turkey tatey pot. I don't expect that to mean anything, but it's basically all the meat from left over turkey legs, wings and haunches cut into chunks and boiled along with loads of black pudding, carrots and onion. All the stock is then turned into a really spicy gravy then re-added to the meat in a casserole dish. You wait for it to firm up a bit then top it off with loads of chunks of boiled potato and cook it in the oven until all the potatoes are golden and crispy on top.

Sounds pretty yummy actually. o_O

I was standing in a very long line at the store, waiting to pay for my groceries.
There was a man behind me, talking on his phone. He ran into me with his cart and I turned and looked at him. He apologized. Two more times, he bumped me with his cart.
The final time, I turned and said to him, "Sir - my derriere is substantial enough that surely you should have no trouble seeing it." At the bashful look on the face, everyone in the checkout line began to laugh.
I suppose I should have been annoyed at the butt-bumping, but the hilarity of the entire situation had me laughing along with everyone else.

EveWasFramed said:
I was standing in a very long line at the store, waiting to pay for my groceries.
There was a man behind me, talking on his phone. He ran into me with his cart and I turned and looked at him. He apologized. Two more times, he bumped me with his cart.
The final time, I turned and said to him, "Sir - my derriere is substantial enough that surely you should have no trouble seeing it." At the bashful look on the face, everyone in the checkout line began to laugh.
I suppose I should have been annoyed at the butt-bumping, but the hilarity of the entire situation had me laughing along with everyone else.

Lol Eve I would've cracked up too.

ladyforsaken said:
EveWasFramed said:

I suppose I might have said something like, "Sir, my ass would appreciate it if you would put down your phone and look where you're pushing your cart." He did seem very nice though. As I was putting my cart into the "cart corral" after unloading my groceries, he came up behind me with his own cart and said, "We meet again!" I had to laugh.
Apparently, whoever he was speaking with asked him who he was talking to because I heard him say, "The lady I kept bumping into in the store."
I suppose we can sometime find humor in things that might typically be annoying.
I'll take shared laughter over annoyance any day of the week. :D

EveWasFramed said:
ladyforsaken said:
EveWasFramed said:

I suppose I might have said something like, "Sir, my ass would appreciate it if you would put down your phone and look where you're pushing your cart." He did seem very nice though. As I was putting my cart into the "cart corral" after unloading my groceries, he came up behind me with his own cart and said, "We meet again!" I had to laugh.
Apparently, whoever he was speaking with asked him who he was talking to because I heard him say, "The lady I kept bumping into in the store."
I suppose we can sometime find humor in things that might typically be annoying.
I'll take shared laughter over annoyance any day of the week. :D

Wise words, Eve... wise words.

Latest posts

Back