what makes you "lonely"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-jim

Reaction score
So what makes you lonely?..

For me its having no friends, no company.. no one to talk too, nobody to turn to & being an only child with parents who dont care about me

big-jim said:
So what makes you lonely?..

For me its having no friends, no company.. no one to talk too, nobody to turn to & being an only child with parents who dont care about me

*hugs* to you Jim (:)

no freinds really...except maybe one or two but even then they only call when they dont have noone else to hang with...im the last resort.
having a shitty job...even though it pays my stuff but im just so tired of it.
no relationship of any type with a girl...not even just a freind.
feeling of being isolated from the world when im in a public place, almost like im invisible.
and just thinking of how lonely i am .

Having a couple of friends that are girls but none of them actually think of me as more than a friend.

5pt7art, you just have to wait till you get to the bottom of the bottle. :)

On a serious not i try to only drink socially.

being a misunderstood tortured artist soul, lol.
having misunderstood addictions (artistic praise being a huge one......)
liking so many geeky activities that can only be done in a quiet setting of 1 or 2
my general preference of such quiet settings
the fact that I dislike groups larger than 10 people.
and some dark years I had which I'm still rebuilding myself from.

Same here, Im an only child, no friends, never had a boyfriend and Im 29, no company or physical interaction. parents ashamed of how I turned out at this age and never kept a job longer then afew months as I always get sacked for being too quiet and not mixing with other staff/team members, not good at anything, an outcast in society because Im come across as calm and quiet~people seem to have a really big problem with that!!! Spending the days stareing at my blank wall now as I feel myself crumbeling away

Not having any family, feeling I could disappear and it would take weeks or more till anyone noticed, or being with someone who doesn't 'get' me.
Lonely one-I find your response above to be very touching. Your parents sound insensitive. If I had you for a daughter, I would be so proud of you, because of your sensitivity.

lonely_one said:
Same here, Im an only child, no friends, never had a boyfriend and Im 29, no company or physical interaction. parents ashamed of how I turned out at this age and never kept a job longer then afew months as I always get sacked for being too quiet and not mixing with other staff/team members, not good at anything, an outcast in society because Im come across as calm and quiet~people seem to have a really big problem with that!!! Spending the days stareing at my blank wall now as I feel myself crumbeling away

I dont think its legal to sack someone for being too quiet?..

Im just fed up of having no friends

My best friends and I are all at different universities, hundreds of miles away from each other. I'm finding it hard to make friends here, as I've always been anxious around people. I've made one "friend", but can't quite make that leap between hanging out at university and doing things outside in the real world. Everybody else seems to be living the wild student life, and I'm not. Most weekends I'm alone, as my boyfriend is either working or with his own friends. I miss my old friends.

Being alone on friday-evening, being alone saturday all day, being alone on sunday all day, being alone on monday-evenings, being alone on tuesday-evenings,.... I guess you'll get the picture.
I have a few nice friends, but seeing them a few hours once in 2 weeks after work doesn't really help much if you're alone most of the time.
To me the loneliest moments are after work when I sit alone all evenings, or during the weekends.

To be honest, I don't know what is it that makes me lonely.

At first, I thought it was not having friends which I didn't. I was completely friend-less for about 1.5 years. I never went anywhere with my cellphone because nobody would call or text anyways and I had no one to text or call. It was that bad.

I almost went insane. I literally cried from not having any friends. So one day, I decided to step out. Attending activities, joining events, etc. Very slowly, I started to meet people and some nice people too. So immediately I made very good friends with a few people. It eased the loneliness a little having to go out and meet people, talk to them, and sometimes meeting those friends maybe once a fortnight or something.

This was going on like this until things started to slow down a bit with these friends. Also I met someone out of the blue and each time I was with him, I felt on top of the world. But now that he is gone, I am experiencing loneliness all over again even when I'm with my friends. I really don't understand it.

I don't hate myself or anything, I do love myself but I think I feel like I don't belong to this world. I feel this world is pretty love-less like nobody even loves anymore. Or maybe I long for a long term companionship that a friend can never provide and of course, this is wrong, because lo and behold we have to love being on our own. I think I did but after many years, I got tired of it. Or maybe after falling in love, it changed everything. Now I fill my time by doing volunteery work and I try to think about others - like invite people who I feel are bored and have no friends to my home, but yet, I still feel lonely and I miss that particular someone. I don't know.

So...yeah.

People fear me.

I live in a small town in the country and I've developed a reputation that I can't get rid of.

At high school I used to get into a lot of fights with bullies, I was never even the one getting bullied. I just hated the fact that others watched whilst some innocent person would be crying in the corner getting insulted. I had to do something. People would thank me for helping them but everyone would always forget the good, they would just remember the fight and the things I was capable of.

Now people tip toe around me, they treat me like a landmine.

Everyone remembers the 'warrior' and not the person :(

Latest posts

Back