What moves you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
My thread topics are too boring? sorry....

What moves me.....

a nice song with a sensitive melody...Even Maroon 5's 'she will be loved"...loathe as I am to admit I like such a feminine type of song ...verve's bittersweet symphony.....too....something about a nice song gives you courage to face the day......

a nice movie.......giving my age away here.....a deniro movie such as "the mission" in the eighties.....I remember seeing it in a cinema and almost crying..the soundtrack is so beautiful, bought the soundtrack the next day... There is a God who cares...that's how profound the effect of the movie was . Also Chariots of Fire, a speech made in the middle of the movie, I can almost memorise, unforgettable

a nice person....you walk away after and feel "wow"
, we connected so well, I've never felt so well listened to and validated

a nice story... one was about this guy who forgave the people who raped his daughter...unbelievably powerful...made me feel my problems are so petty and my ability to forgive so poor

First off i don't your threads are boring! Just my opinion though. :p

What moves me mostly is music, there's really nothing else i can say about that.

Second, intense commitment. Wether it is commitment to another person, or to a life goal. It inspires me to see others succeed in an overwhelming way. Makes me want to stand up and do something.

Also, my feet tend to move me a great deal as well, it really brings me to different places, you know? Like, using your feets and legs can really suddenly put you into a group full of amazing people.

(only the last one was non-serious)

Acoustic rock songs, brilliant lyrics, people or animals helping other people..and animals, emotional moments, strong people who push forward, acts of kindness.

Also, my feet tend to move me a great deal as well, it really brings me to different places, you know? Like, using your feets and legs can really suddenly put you into a group full of amazing people.

I suppose I deserved at least one comment like that. :)

Okiedokes said:
Acoustic rock songs, brilliant lyrics, people or animals helping other people..and animals, emotional moments, strong people who push forward, acts of kindness.

Of course I forgot about my dog!

isthatso said:

I suppose I deserved at least one comment like that. :)

You make it sound as if you deserve some sort of punishment, but no you don't. :p I'm in a happy/goofy mood, so it's my bad. :p

Philosophical threads are boring? Pish posh.

Many things move me. As others have said, music is one of the main ones. I find that folk songs and songs about war are very moving. Some movies have also moved me. "Grave of the Fireflies" really got to me, for example. Above all else is nature. Everything about it moves me. Watching how the seasons change the world around me moves me more deeply than almost anything else.

Lone Apothecary said:
Above all else is nature. Everything about it moves me. Watching how the seasons change the world around me moves me more deeply than almost anything else.

Nature, how could i forget that one. More or less every morning i sit in a remote nature area just staring at what is in front of me. That really moves me.

Music has a massive ability to move me. There are some songs that are too painful to listen to because they remind me of certain people I have lost; there are some songs that make me smile and lift me up; there are some songs that I can just melt away into; ... and there are some Christian songs (not just hymns) that give me a real emotional tug towards God

I'm not normally much of a lengthy poster, but in this instance I'll share some of the songs that really "get" me, in the hope others may get something out of them too.

Classical wise...

I could disappear into this piece of music again and again - Yann Tiersen's "Comptine d'un autre ete l'apres midi" (and I love this video made with it)

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"

Kings College Choir - "Miserere Mei Deus"

Barber's "Adagio for strings"

Katherine Jenkins "Time to say goodbye"

Bear McReary's Battlestar Galactica soundtrack is the most emotive collection of music pieces I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Do not dismiss it as "a tv series soundtrack", its true composition - this man is a genius.

My favourite BSG Soundtrack:
-Passacaglia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYPYq9D_No

-The shape of things to come (a better variant of the above from later in the series. This was our exit music for our wedding so will always be special to me) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfk8MomvLU

-Something Dark is Coming - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EQXEIoZrZE

- Roslin and Adama (if you know the story and at what point this is used in the series it becomes even more powerful - another of my wedding music songs) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-Js_rMEV4

As far as Christian music goes, these are some that really move me to do something

Flyleaf - "Cassie" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-EBHBZJAmw
(Song is about one of the victims of Columbine who was asked if she believed in God, and that saying yes would mean they would shoot her. She said yes, and died for her belief.)

Mercy Me - "I can Only Imagine" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwzItqYmII
(Song is about the day we will come face to face with Jesus - always really, really moves me and uplifts me cause it reminds me what everything is really about in the end. If you are a Christian, I would very much recommend this song.)

Graham Kendrick - "A Crucified man" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxbYxNPKYw
(Song is pretty self explanatory lol, but it makes me really, really think and helps me reaffirm a lot of things in my mind when I'm feeling low)

Hillsong - "Lead me to the cross" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdq9Q8wJdjc&list=PLF21A9E27F4B6807D&index=24

Lastly, this isn't a song, but a poetic reading. This moves me like nothing I've heard before or since... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE&list=FLElgz1EQ2s-UU_HZ3eYQEXA&index=16

Apologies for length, but enjoy :)

Now that you made me think about it, I can't think of anything other than really good music, and that makes me kinda sad :/
Guess my senses have been dulled more than I thought.

Music has always moved me. I've been a musician most of my life, and a composer, and an audiophile as well, and I must admit that music has always been a huge part of my life, whether its rocking out and banging my head, or being entranced by a symphony, or dancing to psy-trance; it doesn't matter.

Art moves me, architecture, pictures from the hubble telescope, philosophy, nature definitely moves me.

When it comes to people, they move me in all directions. There's a few who warm my heart, people who have a magic about them; whether it be certain worldly figures, or everyday guys and gals. Some people have a good, sincere honest quality about them. They listen, they care, they make an effort to change the world, or to deal with the world as best they can.

The rest of them are moving me as well, but sadly in the opposite direction. Their apathy, their materialistic nature, their fighting amongst themselves and their insistence on always being right is just too much sometimes, and I cannot help but see them as a cage full of wild monkeys pelting each other with smelly feces, meanwhile, I'm stuck in the cage getting splattered and held back by their shenanigans.

I keep telling myself to return to the beauty of all things, to see the light, but sometimes the wall of darkness is so huge that the sun doesn't seem to have a chance...

Japanese and 80s music moves me. I become very into my thoughts when I listen to certain music. Contemplating the future of human space travel moves me.

My muscles move me... and my mind of course.

Music is one obvious example. But also everyday acts of kindness tend to move me. I really enjoy having those pleasant little interactions with strangers. And also, little things that the people you love do for you...for instance, some friends of mine throwing me a birthday party for my birthday last year because I had no plans yet...I got a card, a cake, decorations for christ's sake, and I got to get as drunk as I wanted and no one yelled at me. I'm touched by honeysuckle like that.

Alot of the things that move regular people move me too. Passion, compassion, love, music, seeing others getting out there and having a go, seeing animals in pain (moves me in the opposite direction) and probably lots of other things.

Nature moves me ... whether exploring wilderness, witnessing natural interaction (like animals flocking, fluttering, running about), or people naturally acting out kindness and love

Latest posts

Back