What moves you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sang this (ahem, attempted to sing this) when I've had some liquid encouragement. My jaw ached for an hour afterwards.....the dancing was, ummmm.....terrifying by most standards but **** it was fun!

So get up right now and MOOOOOVVVVEEEE IT with me, I dare ya!

[video=youtube] [/video]

Music gets my emotional juices flowing, especially songs with a decent beat and the lyrics that follow the music. I'm fond of all music, but lately I've taken a liking to Three Days Grace again. Previous fascinations where Saliva, Breaking Benjamin and Evanescence. I still get slightly cracked open when listening to My Heart Is Broken by them, anyway.

That, and the whole grand aura surrounding the types of people who push people away for their safety. It pretty much doesn't exist in reality beyond perhaps a junkie telling his kids/potential love to keep away now he's taken a drug that makes him do things he doesn't expect, but whatever.

Consider stuff like the Hulk but without the "super powers" of immortality and super strength. Just thinking things like, say someone gets hurt and could potentially turn into a demon or other weird creature, something he can't control. Someone, typically his girlfriend, would be nearby and he'd be telling them to leave him and run etc, which they don't do of course. He then possibly kills them, wakes up somewhere else, finds blood on his hands, is immediately distraught. Uh anyway, it should crumble the emotional walls to anyone watching so should be a pretty obvious example, but yeah.

Key point; loss, through ones own hands.

Also when I'm in the process of being pissed off at someone without them really knowing why, I.E my Dad for constantly asking me to do stuff he should really do himself, since he's lazy. Recently I was very close to snapping at him but then his expression of helplessness and need when I was bringing him a humble glass of water put me about severely. It always happens, and it's why I can't ever be angry at people for long. Similar case in school when someone was throwing stones at me when I was walking home, I turned round, smacked him in the face with my keys, and when he fell I fell on him, holding him by the collar. I was prepared to smash his head into paste but once I saw his frightened face and hands in front of it defensively, I just immediately shattered inside. Of course I left him there on the ground and walked back home without shedding a single tear, but my insides were tattered, and that's all that matters.

Right..?

the nightly New York cityscape, nature, gentle spring/summer breezes, rain smudging city lights on windows, the smell of gasoline, the taste of coffee or tea, noisy music that melts faces, light/mellow music with good atmosphere, people and culture that can be affecting without being sentimental or melodramatic, the rhetoric of Christopher Hitchens as well as his final essays, the aesthetics of Vladimir Nabokov's writing, I could go on :)

Movies move me. Maybe that's why they are called movies. 😄
What moved me recently?
Ok this is a really dark choice...but I watched a doco yesterday about a gang rape by football players. ( they say it was consensual)
The poor woman was interviewed. It's screwed up her life of course. She became a drug addict after it.
So sad. What is sickening is that the men were laughing during it. This became a male bonding scenario. At the expense of the poor woman. I was moved to tears. Guys at their worst are abominable losers.
Now I don't want to make it sound like I have a blameless record. As if I am perfect. But this kind of incident is so shameful, they should be locked up. Let them get gang raped in prison by other guys. Men really need wake up calls sometimes.

Usually, my feet move me. 🤪🤷‍♂️😂

Most things of liberal arts studies. Different murals of media pieces throughout time that better assure me that I'm not the only one. Albums and songs, films and series, drawings and paintings, writings and recordings of all different types of mediums from all different time periods in human history.

Latest posts

Back