What question irks you the most?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"So, why haven't you gotten your face fixed?" <= okay they don't say it like this but they ask me in different ways. Then i have to explain why i haven't gotten my face fixed.

There's nothing wrong with me. There is something wrong with you for wanting me to be "fixed" this was how i was born, it's you that has a problem with it. It's you that is uncomfortable with me and you that i have to comfort when you are uncomfortable with my appearance.

When I'm doing something obvious, such as washing dishes or cooking something... A certain someone comes up behind me and asks me, "Whatcha doin'?"

... Really? I'm jogging 25 miles for my health... What does it look like I'm doing... I'll pass it off as him being simple though. :club:

@ SophiaGrace: Why the hell they think what you look like is any of their business anyway is what I don't get. None of us are obligated to look like anything for anybody.

@ Topic: "Why don't you want children?" - Usually accompanied by them looking at me like I'm weird or saying things like "But I think you'd make a great mother" and "Awww that's a shame"... Yeah I don't need to have a reason not to want them and people thinking I'd make a "great" mother doesn't necessarily mean I will be, I don't envy people's motherhood one bit (I get this an awful lot from certain female friends of mine, it bugs the hell outta me).

I hate being asked "why are you single?"...it's like a conversational thing I guess??? People always ask me but not because they expect me to have someone...but rather, snoopy about why I can't find anyone...I feel like such a loser...
I always each time, say I'm too busy...when the truth is, I guess I'm just not ******* desirable or loveable...just leave me the fresia alone and stop opening up my wounds...then it'll usually follow up with shitload of advice about how I should be patient or meet the right one or blahblahblah...I truly don't believe in any of that bs...

Oh and also "Why are you so quiet" ... chances are, if you asked me that why I'm single question, I'm probably too upset to even talk to you right now but I just try to hide it...fresia

Or "Why do you look so sad" which is often asked when i'm NOT sad but reminds me of my ugly frown-shaped mouth...I have to really force myself to even get a neutral expression...like straight line mouth...my mouth is just shaped that way!!! even since i was a baby!!

the question that i hate more than any other, unequivocably, is:

"what did you think of the game?"

WHAT GAME? WHERE? WTF? WHO IN THE HELL SAID I WATCHED A GAME?

When watching a movie at the theater some person you don't know keeps elbowing you saying "did you see that" NO I payed 12 bucks to look at the ceiling.

I had a friend of me last night ask me where I normally go out to eat with my girlfriend.
I had to just laugh and say I don't date.

"Would you please take a short survey?"
"Would you care to donate X amount of money for Y?"
"Would you please rate my service 1 to 10 and fill out a survey?"

"Could you please hold?" Like I'm really going to say No, take my **** order now. I'm slightly annoyed already that I have to hold, but they sit there and wait till I answer yes.

Stoned / brain fried people at the cash register:

The Tacobell in my neighborhood is notorious for lousy service. They often screw up my order and can't get it right:

One time, after waiting 10 minutes in line behind one person placing a big order taking his time, without trouble, I came up and said "3 beefy 5 layer burritos just beef and cheese to go" and the following took place:

1) Even though I said the technical name of the value menu burrito they kept trying to sell me the supreme.
2) Then they asked me three times "so you don't want x?" Each time I repeated the whole sentence "3 beefy 5 layer burritos only beef and cheese to go."
3) Then she asked me "for here or to go?"
4) Then they got it wrong and had to remake it.

And this is right after the same person took a big complex order from the guy in front of me without any problems at all.

One time a Psychic asked me "Don't you want to get married and raise a family?" As if I could just find the right person at the flip of a switch and be assured of their intentions.

Video comments: "What is X? Could you post the article for X?" Gee I don't know, can you be bothered to read three lines in a video description?

People are so messed up today. One comment I saw "mentioning jesushits is a key to understanding that it's fake. mentioning nostrildamass' is another. I heard about this manuscript 5 minutes ago. thumbs down and up your ass. I researched nostrodamus 30 years ago...she didnt predict 9/11 and how could she? the gov't. set it up. tools." My what superior knowledge of Nostradamus the amazing bearded woman we have here. Only takes 5 minutes and already this Troll knows everything.

People who insist on asking you something they could easily look up online in a few seconds, especially when they are already online.

It sort of depends on who the question comes from, but here are some:

From a waiter/waitress: "Your steak doesn't taste like it fell on the floor, does it?"
From girlfriend, "Didn't I tell you I stopped taking the pill?"
From doctor during prostate exam, "I think we have shared some special moments, don't you?"
From doctor walking into room, "My God, what are you still doing here?"
From mechanic, "Do you like walking?"
From father, "Did I ever tell you about the night you were conceived?"
From audience member during Q & A session, "Did you know your fly is down?"
From girl you just brought home from the bar, "Will you kiss my adam's apple?"

I could keep going, but I'm not going to.

Latest posts

Back