What religion do people here belong to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Christian for about 3 years now, and i was baptised last year in April :)

Poster_34632.JPG

This is the son of my God, on a sunday afternoon :D

Atheist, mostly, and I try to be somewhat existentialist (yeah, that's not a religion, I know) but it's not easy all the time. I don't really mind faith in and of itself (unless you're a Scientologist, then you're either stupid or crazy), but I think organized religion has a lot to answer for. Though if you take comfort and strength in your religion, then hey, that's cool. Sometimes I wish that I could do that too, no sarcasm.

Happy Easter for people here that celebrate this holiday (Catholics and Protestants)

For me is next sunday (Orthodox)

I'm an Atheist. Which isn't to say that I'm not spiritual; sense of wonder about the irrationality of the cosmos and all. I just don't concern myself with the existence of omnipotent divine beings or texts that were written in the dark ages.

I am a newbie here. Hello Everyone! I don't claim any denomination. Howver, if i had to pick one that comes closest to my beliefs, it would probably be Unitarian.

The picture from my last post has gone and i can't edit it, so here it is again :D

4.gif
Jesus-Rocks-Poster-C10298700.jpeg

The Hermit said:
In Israel, where I live, the authorities see me as christian, in the rest of the world I considered as a jew, but actually i am an Atheist. I think that religion is unnecessary thing that has no place in the 21st century.
The world would be a better place without religions and gods.

You are only considered a Jew because everybody who doesn't live here, think that all Hebrew speaking Israelis are Jewish lol.

And by the way, I one hundred percent agree with you that the world would be a better place without religions and gods. People would be a lot more tolerant and loving of each other if we didn't have religion to poison us first.

I don't belong to any particular religion but if you wanted to put labels, I'd probably be classified as 'new ager', since most of my beliefs are usually associated with New Age. I have, by the most part, very clear views on the nature of reality.

None and although I would never try and tell someone what they should or shouldn't believe in, I do find it enormously disturbing that so many people in this world are still devoted to fantastical and ancient propaganda.

Isn't the human race already replete enough with areas that serve to segragate us from one other?

How about a unified church of earth? An organisation that is exculsively designed to encourage goodwill, solidarity and a grander sense of community.

No twisting, fanciful mysticism, no garrolous philosophy and no abasement to unseen, unproven celestial overlords . Just a simple moral code comprising of the precepts of sound and ethical human behaviour. A religeon with no ties to the supernatural would also be at liberty to focus much more practical attention to modern issues and treat them with the scientific respect they deserve; e. g. global warming.

I can but dream.

I look at the wonders of the universe and of the world, I think of the intricacies of life, of our individual personalities, of the existence of emotions both fair and foul, and I cannot help but believe there is a God.

At the same time I think it is very naive of us to say we know anything about him, and I find it difficult to believe that a benevolent, all-powerful spiritual being would be so self-centered as to require that he be worshipped. But who knows? I sure don't. Better safe than sorry, I say.

For you all's sake...you better hope there's a god....

Ya never know what Kevin and Van is capiable of :p
Leave these two with their own devices and we're all doom...man

I AM SPIRITUAL AND I BELIEVE IN GOD,BUT I AM NOT NOT RELIGIOUS.
BECAUSE MOST OF THE RELIGIONS ARE CLOSED PARADIGMS AND THEY DON'T OFFER ANY FREEDOM TO THINK AHEAD OF THOSE WRITTEN LAWS/INSTRUCTIONS WHICH THEY SAY AS THE PATH TO GOD.
DOGMATIC BELIEVES ARE NOT GOING TO LEAD US ANYWHERE.

Sauce be upon you. Touched by his noodly appendage.

Lonesome Crow said:
For you all's sake...you better hope there's a god....

Ya never know what Kevin and Van is capiable of :p
Leave these two with their own devices and we're all doom...man

(6) Well then call this post the D-day for religion

i present Christi-Vanity to you.

You will all join it now, or you burn in hell ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back