What should I do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legitimate

Reaction score
Ok so I am having some really big problems with a girl. I don't know what to do.
Heres the story.
I really like this girl, we are both seniors, and we are pretty good friends. She has a boyfriend. But he's in college. So he's not around that much. I tell her almost everything, because she can tell when I lie. So she always gets the truth.

So one day, she asked why I still have something on my myspace, because I use to like this other girl, but I stopped. Later that night, I went home with her, because she didn't want to walk home alone, it was after a football game, and it was like 10:30. So after we arived, we said goodbye, and I started to leave, she yelled at me, and I went back and asked what.

She said we really needed to talk, but it was after curfew, she's 18, I'm not. So we ended up talking over myspace, in that conversation she found out I liked her, and some other things. Since then we talk a lot, and we hang out a lot.

Some other time while we were talking, we came on the subject on why I can't sleep at night, and she wanted to know why, but I didn't want to tell her. So the next day in school, she said we really needed to talk, so after school, we walked around the track, and talked. Basicly I told her that I keep getting more and more feelings for her.

Then we sat in the bleechers and kept talking, she said some stuff about how she doesn't miss her boyfriend. She also talks about how he doesn't listen to her problems and stuff to. She asked me again, why I couldn't sleep, and after awhile I said, how some people aren't meant to be together. She replied what? amd I said you and I, which she replied maybe we are.

She asked for a hug, and then we waited for her mom. This weekend she told her boyfriend that she has feelings for someone else, which triggered a fight. She told me the other day that she has feelings for me.

I felt really bad that they had a fight.
This is part of our IM after she told me she had an argument

Her (11/18/2009 11:08 PM): so are clear on what i tried to tell you today?
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:08 PM): Did you have some kind of coded meaning?
Her: (11/18/2009 11:08 PM): i didnt do a very good job of explaining it
Her: (11/18/2009 11:08 PM): no it wa just hard to explain
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:08 PM): Ok, then sum it up
Her: (11/18/2009 11:10 PM): ok basically i had feelings for you and then i told nick, he freaked out and wouldnt talk to me and it made me realize how scared i was to lose him and im not saying i have abolutely no feelings for you but im saying that i really love nick and i physically and emotionally need him
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:11 PM): Yeah, I pretty much got that
Her: (11/18/2009 11:11 PM): im sorry if this makes things worse for you
Her: (11/18/2009 11:11 PM): and yeah i just wnted to make sure that you understood
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:11 PM): No, its fine, its my fault anyways, because if I never told you I liked you, this wouldn't have happened
Her: (11/18/2009 11:12 PM): actualy i dont think tahts true cause i realized i was starting to haave feelings for you before you even told me so yeah
Her: (11/18/2009 11:13 PM): i tried to blame you but i shouldnt have
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:13 PM): Well I doubt that, but I have a question for
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:13 PM): you
Her: (11/18/2009 11:13 PM): ok
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:13 PM): You can't lie, no matter what, you have to swear that you won't lie
her: (11/18/2009 11:13 PM): i swear that i wont lie!
Her: (11/18/2009 11:14 PM): and i dont like how this sonds
Her: (11/18/2009 11:14 PM): *sounds
Her: (11/18/2009 11:14 PM): but go on
Her: (11/18/2009 11:16 PM): im waiting!
Chip: Did Nick say any of thator even have an argument, or are you just to nice to come out with it, and say that there is going to be nothing, which I have said before, because I knew you loved him. I say that because I know your an honest person, but I also know that your really nice, and sometimes they dont mix, so to be nice you have to lie. It makes sense.
Her: (11/18/2009 11:19 PM): ok im definately not lying to you. saturday night was pretty much the worst night of my life. i was physically sick cause i didnt want to lose nick but i knew everything want right. i wouldnt make this up ok. you just need to trust that im not lying to you. i never have lied to you
Her: (11/18/2009 11:20 PM): why would i make that up? that doesnt even make sense to me
Her: (11/18/2009 11:21 PM): Nice people lie to others so that they dont feel bad, or as bad, and everything want right?
Her: (11/18/2009 11:21 PM): i meant wasnt right
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:21 PM): Okay
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:22 PM): And I do believe you
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:22 PM): I was just asking
Her: (11/18/2009 11:24 PM): ok good. i really wouldnt lie to you. i told you that i honestly think you are a good guy. if i didnt think that then why did i start to develope feelings for you?
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:25 PM): Well honestly I'm sorry, I put you through a lot of crap, and really your not to blame, this is why I always keep my emotions to myself, and sorry that you had an argument over me
Her: (11/18/2009 11:26 PM): no this was not your fault at all. you shouldnt keep your emotions bottled ok. you did the right thing
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:27 PM): How did I do the right thing?
Her: (11/18/2009 11:28 PM): please dont feel bad. you are not to blame and you did the right thing cause i said so!
Her: (11/18/2009 11:28 PM): lol. but seriously please dont feel like you did something wrong ok
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:29 PM): Nothing really good came from me telling you though did it?
Her: (11/18/2009 11:30 PM): honestly i think it did. i mean, i learned something from it and didnt telling me help you?
Her: (11/18/2009 11:31 PM): if anyone should feel bad it should be me ok?
Her: (11/18/2009 11:32 PM): anyway i better get to bed now! i have to stay up till like 2 in the morning tomorrow! lol
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:32 PM): Personal Gain isn't really important, others are first , thats what I believe, and no you shouldn't
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:32 PM): And ok night
Her: (11/18/2009 11:32 PM): yeah i should and it helped me as well so you did help others!
Her: (11/18/2009 11:32 PM): good night
Her: (11/18/2009 11:33 PM): and remember....
Chip: (11/18/2009 11:33 PM): sleep is good
Her: (11/18/2009 11:33 PM): hehe that never gets old!
Her: (11/18/2009 11:33 PM): anyway yeah i hope you dont have troubles sleeping.
Her: (11/18/2009 11:33 PM): night
Her: (11/18/2009 11:33 PM): night

So I didn't goto school today, because I didn't feel like it, because I had a lot on my mind. So she got home and IMed me again.

Her: hey are you there?
Chip: Yeah
Her: so why werent you at school mr. skipper?
Chip: I didn't feel like going, that would sum it up
Her: wow. whats wrong?
Chip: Nothing
Her: liar
Chip: Maybe I was sick
Her: what is wrong????????????/
Chip: Nothing is wrong
Her: you are a liar. and were you sick cause that would classify as something being wrong
Chip: Yes thats it, so I guess I was lieing
Her: wow. you are making me very angry. what is wrong with you?
Chip: Hmmm
Her: you and amanda have a lot in commom you know
Chip: What ever you say
Her: you both like to annoy me by not telling me things
Her: seriously waht is wrong with you? are you mad at me?
Chip: I have no reason to be mad at you
Her: ?
Her: are you still breathing?
Chip: Maybe
Her: then why are you being dumb. tell me whats wrong
Chip: I feel guitly, and I feel like a dick, and the reason I didn;t come to school today is because I didn't really want to be around people when I'm like this, because everyone would constantly ask me whats wrong, and I would end up freaking out on them because they wouldn't leave me alone, even if though they were just trying to help
Her: why do you feel guilty?
Her: I feel like I put you in a bad situation with Nick, and it's not your fault, so please dont say it is. Because of my actions, I made you have an argument, and I feel really bad. And I know for a fact that if we keep on talking and hanging out that I will keep getting more and more feelings for you, and if I do that, I'm basicly doing the same thing I was before, and I'm not going to put you through that. I care about wether your happy or not, and even if it means me having to be an *******, sso that you loose those feelings, I am willing to do it, I know that it sounds inmature, but I really think its for the best
Her: wow. you are being stupid
Her: we can be friends and if you cared at all you wouldnt stop being my friend
Her: by the way you are not the only one at falut okay! dont make excuses for me
Chip: That doesn't make sense
Her: what doesnt?
Chip: You said if I cared at all, I wouldn't stop being your friend, that's the reason I would be doing anything, I don't want to be a reason why you and Nick fight, and if you keep getting more feelings for me, that would happen again, and I don't want that, because it would put you in an even worse situation, and who would be to blame?
Her: you are looking at it all wrong. i can handle myself. just trust me ok! you are totally over reacting. i wish i would have never told you now
Last message received at 11/19/2009 4:18 PM
Her: if you aent gonna be my friend, i will be more upset. so your whole theory about caring about making me happy is stupid and wrong
Chip: Then what do I do
Chip: ?
Her: nohing. we stay friends and nothing changes. you will move on when you realie that im not as awesome as you think i am.
Her: *realize
Her: please dont cut me off.
Chip: Do you understand that I will keep getting more feelings for you?
Her: maybe you will but maybe you will see me more clearly and wont like who you i really am
Chip: Yeah I'll learn that your stuck up and preppy like the rest of our school
Her: wow rude head
Her: im not stuck up and preppy. why would you say that?
Chip: It was sarcasm
Her: it better have been
Her: hey i gotta go cause i have to order nikki a ticket for new moon tonight!
Chip: bye
Her: bye and dont be upset ok? you better be at school tomorrow
Chip: just get your tickets
Last message received at 11/19/2009 4:34 PM
Her: wow jerk i will definately talk to you tomorrow
Last message received at 11/19/2009 4:34 PM
Chip: i know im a jerk
Her: no you arent i didnt mean it
Her: you are the nicest guy i know
Chip: please just go on with you buisness
Her: your hurting me but ok
Last message received at 11/19/2009 4:36 PM
Chip: sorry
Her: whatever
Last message received at 11/19/2009 4:36 PM
Her: bye
Chip: bye

So I really dont know what to do... I really need someone to help

In the best possible scenario, you get a girl who...

legitimate said:
She has a boyfriend. But he's in college. So he's not around that much.

*wonders if legitimate will catch drift*

If you can hack it, maybe stick it out with her, be the one she should be with. In all honesty I had the same experience and went that rout...Than i got lost in the weeds of the friend zone. So that can backfire. But through it all 4 years later she is still my friend and met some other friends because of her. Go with the gut!

I'm sure I get it.

And I want to wait, I want to wait forever if I have to. Because she is really the most understanding person I ever met. It sounds like the excuses everyone uses but she knows me more than I do, like she actually knows more about me than I think I do. Yet she still wants to be good friends, since I learned she had feelings for me, I have been soo confused. If I follow my gut, which I probably will, hopefully something good will happen

Stick with her. She likes you.

If her relations with this other guy were vacuous to begin with, that's just a fact. It's understandable if she wants something more; and if you're there to provide that, she's going to gravitate to you. It's not like you're some pick-up artist trying to sleep with some dude's wife of fifteen years.

Latest posts

Back