What Things Do You Want To Do Before You Die?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runciter said:
Iceman1978 said:
I'd like to get a sailboat, head for the South Pacific, and surf every spot. I could spend months or even years just sailing around to all the islands.

This is a pretty awesome dream. It would probably be mine if I had any clue about sailing.

Instead I'd like to spend a year in the wild. In complete isolation, with nothing but a backpack of kit, a rifle and ammo and a loyal dog.

All I need is a compass, sextant, binoculars, and some nautical charts. I could pull out some charts here at home and plot a course from here all the way to Fiji.

Right now I'm trying to convince my father and stepmother to retire to this area. I know that they'll buy a boat when they retire. They won't have to worry about getting a captain.

Iceman1978 said:
All I need is a compass, sextant, binoculars, and some nautical charts. I could pull out some charts here at home and plot a course from here all the way to Fiji.

I have to admit, I'm a little confused that you're still here! :p

Seriously though, I envy the fact that you can actually do this. Much respect to you.

A real sailor only needs the stars to navigate by.

Even with using the electronics though, you're mainly calculating distance, compass heading, which degree to turn your vessel, speed, and time.

Where it can get complicated is figuring deviation of the vessel for the compass heading.

Iceman1978 said:

Even with using the electronics though, you're mainly calculating distance, compass heading, which degree to turn your vessel, speed, and time.

Where it can get complicated is figuring deviation of the vessel for the compass heading.

Yeah my family used to help run a boat club in London, my older brothers both got to learn to sail, I was just a kid and never got the chance. One of my brothers used to compete in races, all I got to do was learn to kayak on the condom-infested canals. I've always had a thing for navigation, be it at sea, in the air or on foot. Unfortunately my means only allow me to practice orienteering but I do try to get out a couple of times a year and live wild in the national parks for a few days at a time a couple of times a year.

Runciter said:
Iceman1978 said:

Yeah my family used to help run a boat club in London, my older brothers both got to learn to sail, I was just a kid and never got the chance. One of my brothers used to compete in races, all I got to do was learn to kayak on the condom-infested canals. I've always had a thing for navigation, be it at sea, in the air or on foot. Unfortunately my means only allow me to practice orienteering but I do try to get out a couple of times a year and live wild in the national parks for a few days at a time a couple of times a year.

Have you ever been to Norway?

Celestial Navigation

Iceman1978 said:
Have you ever been to Norway?

Celestial Navigation

Not yet but I do plan to travel to various parts of scandinavia at some point, I've seen a lot of Europe but never been that far north. I love the climate up there though and used to work with a few Norwegians and Swedes, funny people!

I'm going to take a look into navigation by the stars, thanks for the link.

Gutted said:
Good question :)

I would like to..

Travel abroad
Still have some of my teeth when I'm 60
Get married or have a long term relationship
Got to a music festival
Write a book of some sort

That's all I can think of for now :)

I thought of some more!

I would like to..

Build my own computer
Buy my own property
Secure long term employment

That's all for now~

See the Northern Lights, by plane.

So many more, my list is always growing :\.

^^^ Aw you are all so sweet, I hope everyones wishes come true.

I think the most important thing on my list, but I have no control over is finding someone who loves me romantically, loves me for who I am flaws and all.

Be in love
Be a dad
Have my own farm in the country with lots of animals (not for eating tho)
Build a kennel for all the abandoned dogs out there

Latest posts

Back