What time did you get out of bed today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm mostly functional, partly erratic but absolutely screwed when I start hallucinating.
I have never really experienced insomnia for half a century - mine is stress induced dealing with courts, lawyers,etc after entire family has passed away since 2019, except my daughter even though she has only 5 to 10 years to live - I ended being the male "mom" to everyone since raising my daughter from 1.25 years old to currently at 26.50 years old because of her health issues and everyone else since I could take care of the day to day business of everyone including the physical needs when ill. The final family members died in reverse order - my mom 70 with cancer in 2019, my aunt 73 in 2021 with a bad ticker, and my grandmother 91 in 2022 with natural causes, and both my dogs which hurt a lot in 2021 and 2022 at 17.00 & 16.50 years old - the courts are up your ass on finances with guardianship and conservatorship (with my grandmother) -- multiple court hearings to get access of money for grandmother - to pull the plug on mom and aunt just signed a piece of paper at hospital to essentially "kill" em because being a vegetable - in a way, that is totally F'd up - money more imperative than keeping someone alive according to degree of the law- been having battles again for the double probate of grandmother and aunt at the same time and am the *only* heir-at-law since am older then my daughter - sorry - all of this taking a toll on my mental and physical health and letting out the stress because insomnia is effecting my job and life for the time in my life. And to not forget the monetary expenditures of creamation, plots, and burial at $27k - I no longer have a cushion for unexpected expenses since no duel from 1995 to present because of single without chil support back in the day.

Last edited:
I have never really experienced insomnia for half a century - mine is stress induced dealing with courts, lawyers,etc after entire family has passed away since 2019, except my daughter even though she has only 5 to 10 years to live - I ended being the male "mom" to everyone since raising my daughter from 1.25 years old to currently at 26.50 years old because of her health issues and everyone else since I could take care of the day to day business of everyone including the physical needs when ill. The final family members died in reverse order - my mom 70 with cancer in 2019, my aunt 73 in 2021 with a bad ticker, and my grandmother 91 in 2022 with natural causes, and both my dogs which hurt a lot in 2021 and 2022 at 17.00 & 16.50 years old - the courts are up your ass on finances with guardianship and conservatorship (with my grandmother) -- multiple court hearings to get access of money for grandmother - to pull the plug on mom and aunt just signed a piece of paper at hospital to essentially "kill" em because being a vegetable - in a way, that is totally F'd up - money more imperative than keeping someone alive according to degree of the law- been having battles again for the double probate of grandmother and aunt at the same time and am the *only* heir-at-law since am older then my daughter - sorry - all of this taking a toll on my mental and physical health and letting out the stress because insomnia is effecting my job and life for the time in my life. And to not forget the monetary expenditures of creamation, plots, and burial at $27k - I no longer have a cushion for unexpected expenses since no duel from 1995 to present because of single without chil support back in the day.
Understandable that you would have trouble sleeping. Your family is lucky to have had someone who can carry all the burdens and still function. Strength, dedication, and taking responsibility for someone other than yourself is an admiral. While I am not that type of person, I do respect a person with these qualities.

Understandable that you would have trouble sleeping. Your family is lucky to have had someone who can carry all the burdens and still function. Strength, dedication, and taking responsibility for someone other than yourself is an admiral. While I am not that type of person, I do respect a person with these qualities.
Thanks 🖤🖤🖤

Wow! I have a lot of respect for you for taking care of everybody! You obviously have been through a tremendous amount of crap. I had my own experiences taking care of my family members and all the crap that goes along with that. I allowed the experiences to put me in a bad place and never recovered. I sure hope you are finding a way to take care of yourself. All the drama is done in my life now and it is stress free. I hope you get to a low stress place soon too.

Wow! I have a lot of respect for you for taking care of everybody! You obviously have been through a tremendous amount of crap. I had my own experiences taking care of my family members and all the crap that goes along with that. I allowed the experiences to put me in a bad place and never recovered. I sure hope you are finding a way to take care of yourself. All the drama is done in my life now and it is stress free. I hope you get to a low stress place soon too.
Thanks. Sorry you went through it too. The worse part is like time slows down, consistently aggravated, wondering what you did in a previous life to deserve this per se, etc. Respect for taking care of your family too.

Still in bed and it 8:52 pm dam I'm just taking it easy because I know it's not going to be like then when school starts back up

8:00 AM sharp, yo! :coffee:

I had a bowl of oatmeal (about 3/4 cup) with a handful of cherries, blueberries, and a teaspoon of honey in it. It was pretty good actually. It sounds obvious or simple, but it really does help a lot to make sure to have breakfast in the morning - it helps wake you up and keep you in motion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back