What was the first game that you played?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locke

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's first game was. Mine was a old NES game called Wrecking Crew. Its been a while since I've played it, but its basically a platformer where you destroyed stuff. It also had a pretty good level editor.

bdpli9.jpg

I'm pretty old and been gaming since I was very young, so I'm not quite sure, but it was probably Pong! or some variant of it.

My dad was/is a truck driver and I travelled around with him a lot during my childhood, so I played arcade games in a million greasy transport cafes. Some of the happiest days of my life...

Not 100% but I'm sure it was Centipede for the Atari.

Centipede_2600_ScreenShot1.jpg

I think it was pong for me too, or some of the old built-in games on those old zenith laptop-looking computers, in galaxy. Snake, and the one where you input the velocity and angle and the gorillas throw bananas at each other. After that generation it was probably alex the kid on the master system.

All great well known games so far, except for mine maybe.

Cavey said:
My dad was/is a truck driver and I travelled around with him a lot during my childhood, so I played arcade games in a million greasy transport cafes. Some of the happiest days of my life...

That sounds awesome, Cavey! I used to go to a arcade with friends and have tournaments. I wish places like that were still around.

Not sure exactly which was first but mostly on the BBC Micro so Exile, Granny's Garden, Elite or something like that is my first memories of gaming.

I'm pretty sure it was the first Super Mario Bros. The cartridge that had that, Duck Hunt and that like track and field game or whatever it was.

I'm a bit younger than a lot of the members here, so I started with N64 (an N64 controller was my favorite thing to play with as a baby), probably either Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. I didn't start with NES or SNES until I was a bit older.

Cavey said:
I'm pretty old and been gaming since I was very young, so I'm not quite sure, but it was probably Pong! or some variant of it.

haha!
that's the same for me.
when I was young we got a Telstar console and it was big family entertainment!
my dad was an early hacker now that I think back about it lol. he opened it up and figured out how to manipulate the speed and size of paddles to make the game more challenging lol.

My first video game was Pokemon Snap on the N64. Loved it and would play it for hours. I needa find a N64 and play it again.

Something on Atari 2600, not sure what. My first game on the NES (my first "modern" game system) was the first TMNT game (I got it, along with SMB 1 and 3, on my 6th birthday, but I chose to play TMNT first).

Latest posts

Back