What was the last book you read?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took me awhile to read this as I got carried away with googling a lot of the places and sights mentioned during the journey....
photomar02095922.jpg

13147230.jpg

The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter

A pretty decent read, although not really my cup of tea (I much prefer Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett and much of his earlier stuff).

The Sphere. I'd finish the Wheel of Time, but I've got no patience with books these days. I stick to short reads.

Haven't read a book in such a long time, but my cousin just got me The Introvert's Way by Sophia Dembling. I think I'm going to start reading today.

I'm re-reading the 'Saga of the Pliocene Exiles' by Julian May for the first time in more than twenty years, which will keep me busy for a while, but also nosing through Cormac McCarthy's 'Suttree' and finishing off Anthony Beevor's excellent 'Stalingrad'. I am hankering to go through the Ripley novels again, but can't see that happening for a while. Also, feel a bit guilty buying any more books, given the half-dozen unread novels I can see peeking at me from the bookshelf.

A scintillating story about understanding your haul truck- endlessly fascinating and sure to keep you enthralled for hours....

photomar17092638.jpg

Why Didn't They Ask Evans? by Agatha Christie. Enthralling, great characters, fantastically written, but slightly disappointing end.

The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. Fantastic story, but sometimes hard to read because he uses A BILLION COMAS in one sentence. Also, I've seen at least three different movie versions of the story, so I already knew the ending. But even so it was one of the most exciting and suspenseful books I've ever read.

Latest posts

Back