What were you like as a child?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masque

Reaction score
Were you anxious, lonely, or whatever your struggle is back then? I was a solitary child and preferred reading or exploring on my own, but I wasn't anxious or worried about interacting with others.

Some would say I'm still a child (I swear I'm an adult now, 18 damnit!! D: ) so I I'd say I was an annoying honeysuckle. :p
Through the entirety of my childhood. :p
Doubt it will change. :cool:

photoapr26192108.jpg

I was full of life, expectations, idealistic, had rose colored glasses, cared, loved, & helped everyone until I got $hit on enough to realize i do not belong in this world.

Mostly in a constant state of apathy, seeing life in various tints of gray.
My childhood wasn't a fun one, although some would argue it hasn't ended yet.

Pretty much the same as now, except alot more naïve, stupid, more extroverted, even more clumsy, not thinking about what i said. But i've always been shy.

An extremely intelligent and curious child, interested in anything and everything and with the brains to delve into things far beyond the level of other kids, especially with my grandfather teaching me (he was an engineer with plenty of chemistry and physics knowledge). Not particularly good at interacting with other kids, but not bad, either. This was before the bullying began, of course. One of the truly happy times in my memories, from 4 until abut 9 or so.

I've often been thinking back to how I was back then lately. It's one of the truly happy times I can think back to that hasn't been hopelessly corrupted by bullying and its aftermath. Everything after is too filled with regrets and missed experiences and chances I can never get back. It's odd to think that I now resemble myself from when I was that young more than any other time in my life, although I've only managed to "unlock" a very small amount of the curiosity and intelligence and ability to apply it that I used to have from back then. I often wonder what I would've been like had I not been made to suffer so much for so long. If I'd been given the proper attention to my needs and grow and mature properly.

I was constantly happy with big smile on my face and even then i was treated and made fun of by other children. And than when i hit 15th birthday all that laughing and humiliating me through the ages got to me and led to my depression, 0 confidence, suicide ideas.

all my reports said i was quiet, shy and never said a thing !

I remember being quite happy. Not out going but not overly shy either. I used to be quite popular at primary school.

Older than that I had way more confidence and drive than I have now.

Where did it all go wrong, I'm a bloody shambles now...

I was a very kind yet incredibly uptight little kid. I desperately wanted everyone to like me, but I had even less idea how to relate to other people than I do now and I spent a lot of time on my own. I still had plenty of friends though and got invited to plenty of birthdays, so I don't have any complaints.

In my early teenage years I was always in trouble at school and at home. I was being picked on relentlessly by both students and teachers - both emotionally and physically, so I'd skip school almost every day, sometimes skipping weeks at a time. I still remember one of my teachers writing this on my report:

"Due to Gary's continued Thursday afternoon absence and the fact that I have seen him only twice this year, I regret that I cannot give him a grade."

I was allowed to leave school at 15 years old when the education authority decided that schooling was doing little for me. From that point on, I taught myself at home and learned more in a year than I had learned in the previous 11 years of organised education. I also gained more self-confidence and ended up friends with quite a few of the people from my old school. This led to a much happier time in my late teens onwards.

Latest posts

Back