What/Who do you blame for your lonely state?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guest said:
i blame no1

I agree! I think it's just bad luck. Not everyone in the world is going to have someone to turn to or talk to. Some people just end up alone. I guess in some circumstances you can say it was mostly caused by a certain person or situation. But I don't think I or anyone else in the world can be blamed for my own loneliness. It's just my life. It sucks, but that's all it is.

Also, I think it's better to focus on changing your situation than to spend your time pointing fingers.

I blame myself for being a shy introverted coward of a man.

I blame society for making me that way.

I blame my parents for not exposing me to social situations and keeping my sheltered and unexpierienced.

I blame everyone that passed me up as a friend just to get stabbed in the back by another one.

and I blame the guy who invented pong. whatever his name is.

I really balme everyone... cuz that encompasses my entire life. So In the end a blame noone cuz thats just the way life is. A perfect storm of crap to make the sum of its whole.

The radio and mtv doesnt help much either.

lonelygirl said:
Hi Andre,

I think that if you want to chastise someone you should do it privately. Otherwise the person might feel as though they are being shamed in front of a group, which isn't cool.

Who's Andre? Seriously, I didn't chastise. But I was chastised and shamed in front of the group. -Not that it troubles me much. And I have already explained myself. But, as I said, let'm do as they please, as is their good right.

Indeed, if lonely2beeme does not, for obvious example, care to reach out for more substantive help from the Japanese ex-pat community, then perhaps she has her reasons.

I mainly blame my brother's death for my lonliness. It caused me to be majorly anti social as a kid.

I also blame my parents for never helping me make friends, just lower my self esteem even more by saying all this rude stuff about me since I had no friends.

I also blame the fact that I do not live close (in walking distance) to any friends my age, or at least something exciting like a movie theater, or something like that to entertain me/ hang out at.

AaronAgassi said:
lonelygirl said:
Hi Andre,

I think that if you want to chastise someone you should do it privately. Otherwise the person might feel as though they are being shamed in front of a group, which isn't cool.

Who's Andre? Seriously, I didn't chastise. But I was chastised and shamed in front of the group. -Not that it troubles me much. And I have already explained myself. But, as I said, let'm do as they please, as is their good right.

Indeed, if lonely2beeme does not, for obvious example, care to reach out for more substantive help from the Japanese ex-pat community, then perhaps she has her reasons.
for those who are reading impaired you will want to stop now as this is going to be long so that you in no way misunderstand how much i least desire to have you talk to me or about me aaron.
whos's andre?if you arent andre why are you posting about me again?she wasent talking to you then maybe?how do you know it wasent aimed at me?

i gave you what mama called a taste of your own medicine,it was meant to hurt back in the same fashion and feeling you gave me ,just enough to make you realize i dont want to play your little game .you reape what you sowe, another little saying from my youth ,if you want praise try spreading a little .

i just dont feel i need to post to every little thing if i didnt feel there wasanything to post to.i may not post often but when i do its not short ,or one worded.i post if and when i have something to say so on the topic of you vs.me ...........
really just drop talking about me now, i would really appreciate it .
i dont know why you take my words and try to make them your own ,i only pointed out it doesnt feel good to feel chastised does it?

i have a whole inbox/outbox of "holding up my own end" maybe if i didnt reply to you was just because i didnt especially feel what you had to say warrented a reply .silence sometimes means a polite rebuttal,but after you upset me for trying to be involved in forums i pointed it out once very clearly and now i am saying it twice forget about me ,ffs please just drop it,since i seem to offend you ,"-not that it troubles you though" as you said.it does me however and haveing this slightly entertaining but extreamly annoying little exchange is not what i come here for.

i am surprised you think you know so much of my situation ,sadly you are wrong but if you believe there is such a helpful community and find genuine help and are willing to really help me find a solution instead of regurgitating everything i have already done,by all means give me a fresh idea with something to substantiate it with .sorry that you believe there is such a "Extensive Ex Pat Community" because where i live ,in asahikawa city of hokaido island (if you would like to brush up your knowledge of what you are talking about) there is NO ex pat community,there are no USA military bases on my island and there are very few foriegners at all,maybe 30 in all of my city and the surrounding city /towns (in a 200 km radius)they are not ex pat but JET english teachers and they do not extend thier tightly knit group to involve any local foriegners such as the few russian and phillapino wives.

there use to be several russian and phillapinos when they still had foriegn topless bars in town but it wasent profitable enough and they closed the bars or became exclusively japanese ,most women divorced ,get alimony/child support and have left its just too hard to stay so alienated.

when i lived in Tokyo i did reach out to the ex pat community of retiered soliders living near the base another very small tight group that hung out at the VFW drinking all day ,a one room bar. with old men and very young japanese wives waiting to be taken back to america .they also are quite the tight knit group as they are all veterns of war and dont like the outsides coming in ,infact if you didnt wait outside and keep asking would someone sponser you inside ,you couldnt even go in..

so why not make a support group for foriegn wives,right????in tokyo there is one caled AFWJ.when i lived there i paid $100 a year to be a part of thier club but on my island no , no one lives on the farming island there are very very few who like myself are very shut off with no way to contact each other.most cant take it and have family back home to return to when it gets too tough i never had that luxury.

nor will the local city office give out information on how to contact the foriegners in town to form some kind of support group.takeing out a ad in the one of the several newspaper might work? if they get that one as opposed to another or none.would be expensive and useless since the system for ads here only cover the section of town you live in meaning i would have to take out ads for all the locales of town to be seen by everyone at great expense! i have never subscribed to a newspaper after the 1st year i lived here as most foriegners dont read the 4000 kanjis needed to understand a newspaper it tends to be almost impossiable for most foriegn housewives.

i even talked with the embassy to find out about how could i return to america through the embassy, they said maybe if i felt i needed to flee for safety reasons i could be given assistance to return but that my passport and childrens would be stamped and barred from ever entering japan again until the debt had been repaid even then i had to prove some kind of emergency ,depression dosnt count.

so pretty much i have exhausted most possabilities , i am honeysuckle out of luck !Depressed DOES NOT equal lazy.i am depressed as a result of haveing lived with the hopelessness of my situation for so long.at this point i have not heard a original idea yet from anyone that i havent done already in the last 20 years here so i am sorry if i dont respond at times it just seems to increase my anxiety and becomes repetative to keep saying been there ,did that.

i am still trying to even be able to discuss my problems openly here ,still trying to make contact with people on forums without haveing a anxiety attack,but if the best i can find is cheecky comments about me from you on a lonliness forums then i dont even know why i should bother?hopefully this will be the last time i have to say stop posting comments about me ,we obviously arent on the same page.btw no reply nessary.

lonely2beeme, indeed there is no way to get anywhere near being sure of brainstorming any entirely original ideas together, without first bringing anyone else up to speed. -which might be tiresome for you. Again, I agree that you should take whatever approach you feel best.

Basically I blame myself, for being shy, lazy, and lacking of self-esteem.
I also blame my parents for having kept me too sheltered in the past.
I blame society and values circulating at large like beauty and money.

mike3486 said:
Ahhhh so many things to blame.  Myself included.  But to be completey honest my current state of loneliness i tottally blame my ex who left me.  She talked me into moving in with her to harrisburg where she knew i didnt know anyone.  One month into the lease and she walked out the door and never came home.  So i got stuck with a one year lease in the middle of some lame town that i dont even know anyone.  its been 9 months now.  Complete isolation.

Yeah I blame my ex also, the evil bi** cheated on me, then I left her but she left me with all the bills.

Now I have to put my life back together and my self esteem.

To the others on this board, try not to be too hard on yourself. I did and it got me nowhere. If you can, for every negative thought, turn it into 2 or 3 positive thoughts.

Be gratefull to have your health and other things that many others don't have.

Even in the darkest night the stars will shine.

Bon Courage everyone!

:)

Hi :) said:
Yeah I blame my ex also, the evil bi** cheated on me, then I left her but she left me with all the bills.

To the others on this board, try not to be too hard on yourself.  I did and it got me nowhere.  If you can, for every negative thought, turn it into 2 or 3 positive thoughts.

Be gratefull to have your health and other things that many others don't have.  

Even in the darkest night the stars will shine.

Bon Courage everyone!

:)

You're right. I too often forget to be grateful for health and other good things in my life.
And, yea, I shouldn't be so harsh on myself.
Oh, I forgot, thank you for reminding me of that b**** that cheated on me one year ago. I think I haven't blamed her enough! :)

I blame the fact that people look at me and know to treat me like crap. I am a joke to women, and the worst part is that I am not a bad looking guy. It hurts every day.

Hey guys,

Please hang in there. Spring is here again. Hope is here again. If all we can do it take baby steps, then don't blame yourself for taking baby steps.

Right now, I'm wanting a better life. So I am going to take baby steps toward what I want. Life is scary. Change is scary. I need to study for an exam, and I'm intimidated by it. So I will break it down to baby steps. Today I will read five pages in my test prep book. Not much, the book is like freaking 300 pages, but I will read five towards my goal.

Please take ONE baby step today or this week toward what you want.

Courage!

Latest posts

Back