What would Make you happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Im pretty simple - money (LOTS of money) would work just fine for me. :D

I think that'd work just fine for just about anyone. I'd stay in school forever if that was the case. I like learning.

SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
Im pretty simple - money (LOTS of money) would work just fine for me. :D

I think that'd work just fine for just about anyone. I'd stay in school forever if that was the case. I like learning.

Agreed. For example, money would help with the following:

*I could spend less time working and more time with the kid and family.
*I could provide a better life for my child.
*I could go places and do things that would make us happy.
*No stress from having to worry about being a single working mom (because I wouldnt have to work if I didnt want to)
*I could help family and friends.
*I could donate to charities and people who were less fortunate, as well as fund scholarships.

The list is almost endless. So yeah. :p Definitely money.

In this thread, everyone has agreed that money is the source of all happiness.

Money.. has to be there to provide happiness. If it's not there, it's bound to make people unhappy because you pretty much can't live without money. Money - I loathe it.

I think what would make me happy is really just harmony. Among people around me, among my loved ones. If something's off.. it can tend to upset me.. quite easily.

SophiaGrace said:
I just know that-
Poverty is strongly correlated with mental illness including; depression and social anxiety.
Genetics is strongly correlated with mental illness including; obsessive–compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder.
Nature vs Nurture, right?

I can see how poverty creates huge obstacles and life stressors. Maybe these obstacles sometimes lead to depression for some. Being freed of stress is great and some people believe money would remove these obstacles; thereby removing the depression. But that isn't necessarily the case.

Sometimes people dwell on obstacles. This is the bane of our existence. Going through life constantly dwelling on our obstacles is no way for a person to live. I don't buy the idea of removing obstacles is the only means to become happy.
Expressing my passions through hobbies makes me happy. Going to the beach makes me feel happy. Living the moment makes me feel happy. I believe in order to be happy we must learn to live in the moment to enjoy ourselves.

I'm not saying I need to be rich, I'm happy to work, but I have to live and in todays world that does mean you need some money. I don't think you can be truly happy if you are worrying about how to meet that next bill all the time.

However I don't believe money alone would make you happy.

Stress is no little or small thing. Stress is a poison. Stress causes physical health problems in people. Believe me, I've been physically going out each day to network with hiring managers to find a job. I know how stressful it can be when ends don't meet.

Do you know what stress is? Everyone has their internal dialog. Although we do not realize it ourselves, worrying about making ends meet slowly adds to our stress over time. When was the last time you cleaned dishes while only thinking about cleaning dishes? When was the last you drove a car while only thinking about the road? Sometimes people never do that. There's always this thought in the back of our minds, slowly fueling our stress even though we aren't acutely knowledgeable of it. Being able to dedicate a time of day to actually plan for the future, while also being able to solely focus on individual tasks in the moment, does help our stress. Emotion is an appraisal of our thoughts and stimulus. We feel an emotion for only a minute. Think about that. The reason why we feel emotions for so long is because of our internal dialog. People feel stressed out and horrible because they spend each waking moment constantly engaged in the dialog of their stress. Being able to live in the moment does ease stress.

SophiaGrace said:

It can make happiness possible sometimes but not necessarily the source. Personally I am happier doing things rather than having things. Having fun doesn't have to cost money.

I am really quite happy now. The only things that could happen to improve my life are:

Get paid more at work
Meet more people
Settle down with a Girl

That's about it for the time being. Not complaining about not doing the above though. All in due course :)

So most of us want basically the same thing huh?

defenestrate said:
Stress is no little or small thing. Stress is a poison. Stress causes physical health problems in people. Believe me, I've been physically going out each day to network with hiring managers to find a job. I know how stressful it can be when ends don't meet.

Do you know what stress is? Everyone has their internal dialog. Although we do not realize it ourselves, worrying about making ends meet slowly adds to our stress over time. When was the last time you cleaned dishes while only thinking about cleaning dishes? When was the last you drove a car while only thinking about the road? Sometimes people never do that. There's always this thought in the back of our minds, slowly fueling our stress even though we aren't acutely knowledgeable of it. Being able to dedicate a time of day to actually plan for the future, while also being able to solely focus on individual tasks in the moment, does help our stress. Emotion is an appraisal of our thoughts and stimulus. We feel an emotion for only a minute. Think about that. The reason why we feel emotions for so long is because of our internal dialog. People feel stressed out and horrible because they spend each waking moment constantly engaged in the dialog of their stress. Being able to live in the moment does ease stress.

Stress is beneficial because it's a feeling that something must be done. Ignoring stress factors instead of rooting them out is the toxic thing, I feel.

Latest posts

Back