What would you change in this world, if you could?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loketron said:
i would get rid of money
think of what that would change if there was no currency

Peoples greed and hopefully they would be no reason for ppl to use one another.

I know this will sound bad, but I would get rid of organized religion in the U.S. I don't know about the other countries. I believe in God, but not churches, if they were doing what God wanted there would not be any homeless people here or hungry people. Instead of the massive churches and billions of dollars they would provide food ,housing and educations for anyone that needs help. They will install a thousand dollar stained glass window so they can't see the homeless guy begging for food on the corner. Somehow I can't see God doing that.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I know this will sound bad, but I would get rid of organized religion in the U.S. I don't know about the other countries. I believe in God, but not churches, if they were doing what God wanted there would not be any homeless people here or hungry people. Instead of the massive churches and billions of dollars they would provide food ,housing and educations for anyone that needs help. They will install a thousand dollar stained glass window so they can't see the homeless guy begging for food on the corner. Somehow I can't see God doing that.

Agreed. absolutely agreed. All that gold and honeysuckle. There moor pride passing a old wooden bowel around for the collation then a silver one as well. The church has lost its way. I don't believe in God but still I think the church should be doing moor then it dose. I mean the church of england is one of the richest organisations in the world. Yet there to stubborn and unwilling to risk any of it for what would be the morally right thing to do.

Bluey said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:

Agreed. absolutely agreed. All that gold and honeysuckle. There moor pride passing a old wooden bowel around for the collation then a silver one as well. The church has lost its way. I don't believe in God but still I think the church should be doing moor then it dose. I mean the church of england is one of the richest organisations in the world. Yet there to stubborn and unwilling to risk any of it for what would be the morally right thing to do.

Of course there are much more important things that I would change if I could, but since Ghost brought up the topic...
Churches would not be 100% tax exempt, unless all monies collected, other than operating expenses, go to legitimate charites. Churches should not be "wealthy", they should be feeding the poor, sheltering the homeless and taking care of children, the sick, and the elderly. I agree with Ghost...imagine how many hungry people could be fed with the food that $1000 that was spent on one window would buy. It's a sad day indeed, when a church is known for its bling, instead of its good works.

EveWasFramed said:
Bluey said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:

Of course there are much more important things that I would change if I could, but since Ghost brought up the topic...
Churches would not be 100% tax exempt, unless all monies collected, other than operating expenses, go to legitimate charites. Churches should not be "wealthy", they should be feeding the poor, sheltering the homeless and taking care of children, the sick, and the elderly. I agree with Ghost...imagine how many hungry people could be fed with the food that $1000 that was spent on one window would buy. It's a sad day indeed, when a church is known for its bling, instead of its good works.

Makes me want to walk into one of the mega churches and talk to the preacher and go around pointing to windows and shiny new speakers and other expensive things asking how many people could have not starved to death with that money and wonder how he would talk his way out of it...

Ok, mine would be organised religion as well.

It does make me angry sometimes to see what people will do in the name of their religion. There is an innate arrogance involved; a refusal to accept any philosophy or indeed other religion that differs from the tenets of a religion's faith. The faithful will be rewarded when they die, everyone else is going somewhere rather nasty.

Major religions often extol pretty good virtues at the core of their teaching, such things as tolerance, aiding those in need and forgiveness. While there are certainly religous people who embody such things, there are equally those that use their religion as an excuse for intolerance, hatred, bigotry and ignorance.

NeverMore said:
Makes me want to walk into one of the mega churches and talk to the preacher and go around pointing to windows and shiny new speakers and other expensive things asking how many people could have not starved to death with that money and wonder how he would talk his way out of it...

I would very much like to do that as well. I say all 3 of us go into a church and do just that. Would be interesting to hear the response.

Bluey said:
NeverMore said:

I would very much like to do that as well. I say all 3 of us go into a church and do just that. Would be interesting to hear the response.

*smiles* I am a afraid Christian fundamentalists are very unlikely to hear any reasoning. Not even if you back it up with scripture of the Bible. I have tried and I have failed. They have just decided to live in willful ignorance, convinced that they are the only people who see the truth of this world. This is what we see when we have religious conviction fueled with fear rather than love. I am glad though that such extremeists are very small minority in here.

We have no such things as megachurches here and I am happy for that. Some churches are very well decorated, but I personally view that they have cultural value and that the church's art can inspire people in their religious life. Non-religious people can still view it as art for art's sake. Generally churches are still rather humble looking.

What would I change in this world.. It is a cliché but I would stop all the fighting that goes on in the world.

Hell doesn't seem that bad :D I'm bringing beer when I go.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
OOHHH CRAP!!! Because of me, we are all going to hell.:p

Hell well seem like a picknick to this place hahah The devil wont be letting any of us in.

Hell be in the other side singing "You can keep on knocking but ye can't come in" lol

Everyone would be educated and informed. Everyone would have access to food and medical care. And I would be supreme ruler for life.

I would give life sentences to all men who cannot use a public toilet properly..I am fed up with guys pissing everywhere except where their are supposed to...and the other day I discovered that someone had actually bothered to crap into a pee trough...Some people do not deserve to use public dunnies..

Make it so that everyone including myself knows how to appreciate their lives in some way, therefore could be happy and grateful that they've lived.

I would brainswash people to be unselfish and make this world a better place:shy:

Latest posts

Back