What would you do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbhill

Reaction score
Ok,
So, I have a dilemma and would appreciate some feedback.

I moved away from all of my family and friends 3 years ago. Mainly to experience a new place. I love where I live. I do not love where I am from. The issue I have is that since I moved her. I have no social life at all. Nothing. I work 100% from home and I have become rather lazy. Plus, I don't drink so, I do not go to bars.

I am considering moving back to where I am from. It would be easy. I basically can work from anywhere. If I move back, I will have a social life, friends, dates, family etc... But, I really do not like it there. I enjoy the outdoors, I enjoy living in North Carolina. I love going to the mountains and the beach here. If I move back, i will be moving to Oklahoma. And there are no mountains or oceans there...

So, any advise???

Are you otherwise a social person who just doesn't know anybody? If that's the case then you might consider staying where you are and volunteering, joining some kind of outdoor clubs/amateur sports leagues, etc. You can look on meetup.com to find people with similar interests in your area.

If you're not an otherwise social person, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Either way, good luck.

If it's a social life you want, then I agree with theraab, try to find it where you are. I moved away from Montreal in 2009 because I truly despise living here, because of bad memories and family issues. I did leave in 2009 for a year, and at first it was awesome. I don't work, on disability so I guess in a way I'm in the same boat as you with regards to being at home all the time. It became very lonely, mind you I didn't make any effort at meeting anyone. I ended up moving back, regretfully, but that wasn't the solution for me either. I know what I want now so I'm going to leave again, but if you moved away for a good reason, it's never good to go back.

That's where you ask yourself..which means more to you? A social life or the beauties of nature. What makes you happier.

The suggestions here are very good, especially meetup.org. You shouldn't sacrifice what you have now just for the sake of comfort and familiarity.

Thanks all, I'm not going to move back to OK, It's always in the back of my mind. It's home... But, it's boring as honeysuckle!
I know all about Meetup, it's a cool site. I have just gotten lazy. i'm working on getting out more.

It's easy to get lazy, been there. I always say I don't need friends, I'm happier alone because I find people have a hurtful nature about them. I also find that most won't make the effort, leaves my sensitive heart disappointed so I steer clear of getting to know people. The idea of meetup...I actually just looked it up, had no clue about it. It's an interesting site...maybe I should look into that myself. I mean I have friends I've met on forums, but I'm talking about "off-line" friends too. I'm not social, I don't want a group of friends around constantly, but meeting with people who share interests once in a while might be more fulfilling than disappointing...maybe not, but who knows until you put yourself out there right? Your post got me thinking kbhill.

Latest posts

Back