What would you like a good first date to be like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SofiasMami said:
That's rude. Paraiyar was joking around. Why are you so sensitive?

-Teresa

You're another one who has done nothing but give me a hard time lately so how about you lay off also? Don't say anything to me. Believe me I won't mind. I just don't want any trouble.

BeyondShy said:
Paraiyar said:
Oooh, I wonder who that could be...

What the hell is it to you who it is?

Paraiyar is simply replying to a public post.

And now I'm going to ask this to stop before it really begins. There's no need to jump down throats. Don't want to answer a question, then ignore it, please.

I think just being able to have a good conversation with someone is a good first date for me. I get really anxious talking to people one-on-one, so if I found I was comfortable just talking to this person, then I would immediately feel positive after the date. What I'd do doesn't matter too much. Coffee, lunch, whatever. Just having a stimulating conversation would make me feel much better, and get me more interested in the other person.

Serenia said:
I thought it might be nice to share, what kind of things you would like to do on your ideal first date/second date depending on how well you might know them.

Before I go any further I want no self depreciating comments about things like never going to happen etc etc. You all know what I mean, this is intended to be light hearted. If you have anything negative to post please save your time and effort.

So for me, if I knew the guy a bit already then a meal somewhere cosy and romantic, maybe log fire and candlelight. Or alternatively something that might have come up in early conversation or a mutual like and that place might have a special meaning.

Anyway what would yours be?

I'm all for the no-negativity thing, Serenia. Us here on ALL aren't going to get anywhere by telling ourselves we don't have a chance or we're not good enough.

I'd like the first date to be simple, no matter how well I know the person, because since it's a first date, we're just getting starting to get to know each other romantically. I'd like something where the emphasis is on talking to each other and connecting, as opposed to an activity or a movie or something where we're doing something and can't really talk that much. I'd say, coffee, tea, or drinks (obviously only a few) would be fine. Or stargazing. I know that idea was brought up in the other thread about inexpensive dates and I've always wanted to do that with someone.

For the second date, I don't know. I suppose that's one reason that I have trouble making a good impression - I haven't really gone out in a long time. I mean, I go out, but it's only been to friends' houses. I don't really go out on the town, one because I haven't had money and two, even if I did, I wouldn't know where to go or what to do. I know we have restaurants and bars and museums and sports games and concerts, but once you've done all that, I don't know what else there is to do around here. I don't mind stuff like bowling or pool or mini golf and things like that, but I'm not good at them, so for me to take a date to that wouldn't really be showing them a part of my world, so to speak. In fact, I might make myself look worse due to my inexperience.

I'm stumped for good date ideas! Anyone want to help?

A good first date to me is inexpensive, fun and relatively short. Just enough to get to know the other person but not their entire life story by the time the date is over. Sitting in a restaurant with a stranger (if it's a first date) would be last on my list of good places to go.
I went to a farmer's market with a male friend a few months ago and I remember thinking that would be a good place for a first date. It's daytime so no big pressure to be romantic, lots of people around to people-watch (I like crowds) and if none of the produce or vendors' wares strikes your fancy, it's free. A museum or art gallery is also fun (to me) or a street festival.

-Teresa

I'd like to sit on a beach at night with somebody on a very fluffy blanket, no talking, just listening to waves and music in the background from the late night beach bars. As we eat takeout of something yummy from one of the many late night restaurants on the beach, as a group of people nearby build a bonfire and we join them and sit peacefully watching the fire, listening to fire crackles, background music and ocean waves.

My first date? I'd like to go shopping at a mall, and not just the two of us. Maybe some of her family/friends or some of my family/friends go with us, so its not just the two of us all the time which might cause some awkward moments.

I just think shopping at a mall would be a good choice because theres alot to do and its not just us having to talk to eachother 99% of the time

Xpendable said:
To learn something new.

What the hell are you talking about? You're going on a first date here. You're not going to take a test. :shy:

One of the most important things you have to do on a first date is to be attentive to the other person and be the best person you can be. If you are at a restaurant or a coffee house don't look around at the other women there. Pay all the attention to the one who is sitting across from you.

Ah hell, forget I said anything. I act like I know what the hell to do but I can't get someone to sit across from me.

I think going fishing would be a great first date. It's something that gives you a bit of activity to calm any awkward pauses, but also downtime to talk and get to know eachother. Going out to a pond in the mountains, the atmosphere is relaxing and beautiful, you're away from technology and gadgets and it's romantic. Pack a little picnic and when the sun starts to drop make a cozy, warm fire. The stars and moon are so bright far from the city too.

BeyondShy" said:
What the hell are you talking about? You're going on a first date here. You're not going to take a test.

Learning and dating don't have to be mutually exclusive. Who's to say you won't learn a new point of view or even some interesting factoids?

I never envisioned a specific first date for myself. I'm okay with never dating or entering a relationship. If I were to go on a date, it should be something myself and the other person are interested in. A concert by a band we both enjoy, or a trip to a place the two of us wanted to discover or check out... you get the idea.

lonelypanda said:
I think going fishing would be a great first date. It's something that gives you a bit of activity to calm any awkward pauses, but also downtime to talk and get to know each other.

Absolutely, a great first date choice, LP. Went fishing today and caught this beauty...unfortunately, my "fishing date" was as guy from work so that doesn't count. I did win bragging rights for the day with this one.

And in case anyone is wondering, Mr. Bass went right back into the water...I always catch and release.

205txzs.jpg

reynard_muldrake said:
BeyondShy" said:
What the hell are you talking about? You're going on a first date here. You're not going to take a test.

Learning and dating don't have to be mutually exclusive. Who's to say you won't learn a new point of view or even some interesting factoids?

I never envisioned a specific first date for myself. I'm okay with never dating or entering a relationship. If I were to go on a date, it should be something myself and the other person are interested in. A concert by a band we both enjoy, or a trip to a place the two of us wanted to discover or check out... you get the idea.

I got to admit you're right.

She must be interested in riding a motorcycle and have enough trust to get on the back of mine
Do a tour of the area showing her the things we miss driving point A to point B
Stop some place for a meal ...nothing fancy ...good food ... place where you can sit across a table and talk for hours face to face
Never alcohol involved if I am driving

maybe old fashioned by some peoples standards but flowers ...opening doors ..pay for meal are a given

BadGuy said:
She must be interested in riding a motorcycle and have enough trust to get on the back of mine

I would fail this lol.

Hmm, I haven't thought of this question for a long time actually. A good first date for me is where as long as there is a good amount of time for one to get to know each other and enjoy each other's company, that's good enough. It can be any activity I guess, as long as there is interaction going.

ladyforsaken said:
BadGuy said:

I would fail this lol.

why a fail ? trust ?
It is kind of intimate right of the start having her legs and arms around me

BadGuy said:
ladyforsaken said:
BadGuy said:

I would fail this lol.

why a fail ? trust ?
It is kind of intimate right of the start having her legs and arms around me

Oh lol you were thinking it like that.

I was thinking it more like how scary it is to be the pillion. I'm just a wuss when it comes to vehicles like motorcycles, thus why I'd fail. :s

My ideal first date would be somewhere to eat fondue its not very basic and can be a little messy but in a fun and comfortable atmosphere..

My second date will be somewhere fun and exciting like indoor cart racing, An tour of some sort of our mutual interest or even a wine tasting

Latest posts

Back