What you guys should really do before any girl...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IgnoredOne said:
Unfortunately, I don't know where exactly you live so I can't comment. I know even in Austria, though, even a teenage waitress friend of mine could afford an used car for around 3000 euros, with around 500 euros in insurance, etc. Difficult, but hardly impossible.

There are some places where cars are not necessity to survive in a day to day basis. Like in Singapore, getting a car is very expensive. Road taxes are even more expensive than the car itself. And most of the cars they drive are luxury cars, even the taxi drivers have awesome cars. Not that I know much about cars, lol. But that's what I have heard.

And addition, I don't think all girls are that shallow to just date guys with cars. Cos you don't have to get a car to show a girl you are responsible. It's also about priorities. So it's not ''the car'' that makes a girl date a guy. Just a thought I'd like to add so things won't get messed up

Here in the UK, second hand cars can be picked up fairly cheaply, but the insurance for a young driver is ridiculous. I'm 17 and to insure a 1-1.3 litre car will set me back around £2500 for the year.

Trojan said:
Here in the UK, second hand cars can be picked up fairly cheaply, but the insurance for a young driver is ridiculous. I'm 17 and to insure a 1-1.3 litre car will set me back around £2500 for the year.

I know in London, at the least, I never really felt a need for a car with the Tube being as accessible as it was. I also hear that they have since added, or are adding yet another tax - some sort of congestion tax to discourage driving further.

I did have a car, but it was a luxury which I didn't need too often. This isn't the case in the US at all, though, and we have nothing quite alike to the Tube except in a few major cities such as New York or Chicago. I think its a shame, myself.

"The point of the post concerns personal responsibility rather than pure monetary gain. However, if you wish to intepret it otherwise, I cannot deny you. Please feel free to be the guy in a 'serious' relationship who lives in his mother's basement with his now pregnant girlfriend, complaining why your life sucks. "

Well, it's your own point of view, I can understand it, but mine is totally different. It's just the way I approch life, life is a journey, those big words like "security, responsibility, commitment" sounds really tough, but practically they mean absolutely nothing. If I had a girlfriend that I could see my future with, even if I would be living in some kind of basement or smth, it would be like a headstart kick for me to start trying, to make something happen for me, because i would know that just by having that other person besides me it would by possible to became hapier, to have family, it would be worth trying. And when I can't see girls that could suit me and that i could have family with for miles, there is no need to try that hard, because for me, it doesn't make much difference to live in a bassement or in a huge palace as long as I am alone.

Well, I can appreciate how making one's goals identifiable for a real person can be important. And there are many who have indeed made it, after having had that 'headstart kick' and perhaps that is necessary for you - but I can assure you that it never hurts to prepare earlier rather than later.

IgnoredOne said:
Trojan said:

I know in London, at the least, I never really felt a need for a car with the Tube being as accessible as it was. I also hear that they have since added, or are adding yet another tax - some sort of congestion tax to discourage driving further.

I did have a car, but it was a luxury which I didn't need too often. This isn't the case in the US at all, though, and we have nothing quite alike to the Tube except in a few major cities such as New York or Chicago. I think its a shame, myself.

Well where I live unfortunately the public transport is pretty honeysuckle too, the only affordable option for me is a motorbike, as full time jobs are few and far between, unemployment is rife.

Trojan said:
IgnoredOne said:
Trojan said:

Well where I live unfortunately the public transport is pretty honeysuckle too, the only affordable option for me is a motorbike, as full time jobs are few and far between, unemployment is rife.

I have only bitter words for how the British government handles the economy, but that is neither here nor there. Being British is clearly a full time job of drinking tea and complaining about how the country is shite, because I swear that's all some of the higher ranked British politicians I had the misfortune of knowing did.

Everyone needs something to whinge about. . .And I don't drink tea ^^

Trojan said:
Everyone needs something to whinge about. . .And I don't drink tea ^^

Scots drink the blood of their foes from the skulls of their foes, naturally. That's the secret of Irn Bru.

I guess so...you can go that route if you wish.

GF # 1. I didnt have a car but had a summer job. Met her through a
friend becuase he was dating her sister. She could cared less about money
or a car. She was only 15. I was only 16.

GF #2. She picked me up everyday while I was walking home from school.
Evidently I was walking cuz i didnt have a ride. i had something she wanted
though...ME!!!!!!

GF #3. She drove the honeysuckle out of my truck. Drop me like a hot potato
after I rolled my truck.

GF#4. Luagh at me for being a fucken robot. but we share lockers
and I'd walked her home everyday..One of the pretties girl in HS.
She died in a car wreack. I can still remember her beautiful face
and smile as she waved at me...the last time I walked her home.
She died the very next day.

GF #5. Just met her onday through a friend. I stay the night and didnt
leave for 4 months.

GF #6. She (Renae) just showed up at my front door oneday. She stole my heart. I had a badass hot rod..but we was too bussied in bed.

GF #7. Wreacked my hotrod. So she would give me a ride everyday from college. She wanted to go studying in my bedroom.

GF #8. Is gf #5 sister. Drop dead gorgeous. All the guys say she's one
of the pretties girl in school. She got on a bus from coast to coast.
She wanted to elope with me.

GF #9 & 10. Got off of a grayhound bus with just my duffle bag. End up in bed
with both of them somehow. Evidently 3 women didn't cured my broken heart.
That was really weird at first. An 18 yr old kid with a broken heart. Life was strange
as it was.

GF #11. She was 29. I was 19. I had no car...but was in the military.
Maybe a real woman could heal my broken heart.

WIFE #1/GF#12. GF #10 and #11 was screaming while i was sitting in the back of asqard car.lmao Wife asked me out right after I got out of jail.
I had no car, no money. She didnt care. I'm her bas ass rocker guitar player
bad boy. She rocked my brains out and rocked my world.

GF #13 #14. Just met them onenight. They took me home and showered
me with love..did anything and everything for me. Still kind of wierd
but not a total shock.

GF #15. She took me home with her too. I had a bad ass sports car, job..etc
but she didnt cared. Just wanted to love me back to life. She's a nurse.

GF #16.(Renae again) she's the love of my life.

GF #17, #18...there's a fucken pattern doing threesome with beautiful young women.
Polyamorous but I actaully just want one woman in my life. Heart broken once again

And that's just when before I turned 25.
I dont consider onenight stands or a couple of weeks or a month fling as a GF.

GF #1: I was 3. We messed and it was amazing but I didn't have a car.

GF #2: I was 5. It was my teacher. Niiiiiiiice.

GF #3: A rebellious young lad of 8, I joined a biker gang. Girls loved the bike.

GF #4-10: Series of women I had affairs with whilst travelling across Europe to discover who I was.

GF #11: Fought off the Psychlos with Jonnie Tyler. messed Chrissie. honeysuckle was cash. :cool:

Wife #1: Kathleen Sebelius, Governer of Kansas (now Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services).

GF #12-424: Trip to Scandinavia.

GF #423: Girl from NYC. Had my babies, ate them, became as powerful as a god upon eating my god-seed-children.

Wife #2: Forced marriage with GF #423. Lasted three-hundred and seventy years.

GF #424: Slave girl who introduced me to orgies with slave-women. She saved me from the clutches of Wife #2. Long story.

GF #425-3,457: Lots of girlfriends over the next few thousand years. Many orgies. Biggest was 200 women at once.

GF #3,458-400,000: AIDs by now no longer a problem. All sexual diseases curable. Mankind transcended, left me behind with genetic pool to create my own universe. I spend next hundred million years perfecting the leftover remnants of humanity by implanting my god-seed into every woman I come across.

GF #400,001: My ex. She moved back to Cali after breaking up with me. fresia.

Surprisingly, only a few thousand of those many, many women actually cared if I had a car or not.

will some people say fucken asian dudes cant get chicks...
That what the fucken statistic say...

And Mr mustash here wanna fucken get people to buy into that
bullshit too..cus dude like me gives droks like him competition.

just trying to help out my asian buddy here.
I'm recruting asian dudes to comtaminate white's gene pool.
I ma build me an army of Longdongs from the hunglow clan :p

Dont hate or envy....

IgnoredOne said:
Get a car. Seriously. Get a car with your own money, and maintain it. If you cannot have the responsibility to afford, pay for and maintain a vehicle, then you are no absolutely no position to get into a long-term relationship with a woman.

I don't understand the analogy. Are you saying that in order to make a long term relationship work, you have to be able to afford the monetary costs of the woman?

Stride said:
IgnoredOne said:
Get a car. Seriously. Get a car with your own money, and maintain it. If you cannot have the responsibility to afford, pay for and maintain a vehicle, then you are no absolutely no position to get into a long-term relationship with a woman.

I don't understand the analogy. Are you saying that in order to make a long term relationship work, you have to be able to afford the monetary costs of the woman?

Maybe he means more like behave like an adult and acquire responsibilities.

Code S.O.L said:
IgnoredOne said:
Why can't you drive?

For some reason, I can't divide my concentration on the many things required to be out on the road. When I was doing lessons, it more often than not lead to countless close calls. After failing the umpteenth manouver and freaking out too many times on main roads that my driving instructor suggested that I was wasting my time and money on trying to get my license.

Solution: move to a big city with public transit?

JustHateIT said:
Get a car, get a job, then make a lot of money, buy a lot of stuff, then buy a girlfriend for yourself. Isn't this the same thing that author of this topic had in mind?

Ok. Seriously, it's just a whole bunch of BS. If you are looking for a serious relationship, you need to find a girl that would also be interested in serious relantionship and get along with her, then you can think about the things that you could do for one another, maybe for some cases having a car would be some of those, but not for most of it. However, if you want to buy a full time hooker for yourself, then yeaah, you will need a good car and lots of cold hard cash.

I agree with you, however, I understand what Ignored is saying. It's not so much the car, as it is the responsibility of it. I must admit, a guy having a car - doesn't matter what kind - is an attractive thing. It doesn't have to be a Mercedes or a BMW or any other fancy brand. My guy has an older Camaro, it's not the fanciest, but the fact that it's his, I like.

Is that ALL that makes a guy worth it? No. Of course not. I would love him whether he had his car or not. But it shows he cared enough to have one, and he takes care of all their cars, including his four-wheeler and his dad's work van and the SUV they bought recently. I would also agree that being able to work on cars and fix anything wrong is a good thing as well. It's always good to keep a guy like that around. :D

Now having a car doesn't mean you're rolling in cash either. My ex never even had a job ever before in his life. Yet I still cared for him. If a girl is interested only in the materialistic side of you, and only wants you around so she can get whatever money can pay for, then you need to seriously think over the relationship. Because that's not a healthy one.

Badjedidude said:
GF #1: I was 3. We messed and it was amazing but I didn't have a car.

GF #2: I was 5. It was my teacher. Niiiiiiiice.

GF #3: A rebellious young lad of 8, I joined a biker gang. Girls loved the bike.

GF #4-10: Series of women I had affairs with whilst travelling across Europe to discover who I was.

GF #11: Fought off the Psychlos with Jonnie Tyler. messed Chrissie. honeysuckle was cash. :cool:

Wife #1: Kathleen Sebelius, Governer of Kansas (now Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services).

GF #12-424: Trip to Scandinavia.

GF #423: Girl from NYC. Had my babies, ate them, became as powerful as a god upon eating my god-seed-children.

Wife #2: Forced marriage with GF #423. Lasted three-hundred and seventy years.

GF #424: Slave girl who introduced me to orgies with slave-women. She saved me from the clutches of Wife #2. Long story.

GF #425-3,457: Lots of girlfriends over the next few thousand years. Many orgies. Biggest was 200 women at once.

GF #3,458-400,000: AIDs by now no longer a problem. All sexual diseases curable. Mankind transcended, left me behind with genetic pool to create my own universe. I spend next hundred million years perfecting the leftover remnants of humanity by implanting my god-seed into every woman I come across.

GF #400,001: My ex. She moved back to Cali after breaking up with me. fresia.

Surprisingly, only a few thousand of those many, many women actually cared if I had a car or not.

*passes out from laughing*

Trojan said:
It's true, mental illness in women is rising.

Ooo. Funny.

VanillaCreme said:
I agree with you, however, I understand what Ignored is saying. It's not so much the car, as it is the responsibility of it. I must admit, a guy having a car - doesn't matter what kind - is an attractive thing. It doesn't have to be a Mercedes or a BMW or any other fancy brand. My guy has an older Camaro, it's not the fanciest, but the fact that it's his, I like.

I don't really think a girl has ever cared for what kind of car I've had; in fact, one actively disliked my ambition for a BMW, since somehow she decided that the BMW was the car of evil people. I honestly think that 'cool cars' are only cool to guys, which of course, doesn't discourage me in the least from wanting to have my beloved piece of Germany manufacturing one day.

Another one loved a vehicle that I hated: the GM Park Avenue that I was saddled with for awhile. It was a boat, it was a pain to manuever and it made me worry each time I took it out and felt its hugeness worryingly drift close to another bumper or something - yet she thought it had 'character' and loved it. After I got rid of it and acquired my nicer Japanese vehicles, she thought they were boring. If anyone can explain this logic, please do so. I don't get it.

And yes, it is the responsibility that matters. There are other ways of showing it, but a vehicle is often a large portion of it.

LC - women are not notches on the belt. Show some goddamn class.

While I agree that being able to be responsible is a needed ability to make a relationship work, it's not the whole story. You won't learn compromise, decency, monogamy, and all of the other important characteristics that BOTH parties need to maintain a lasting relationship just from buying a vehicle. Sure, you'll learn how to pay bills on time and maybe how to change a tire, but these skills are menial when you look at the larger picture of what a relationship is.

The divorce rate in this country wouldn't be so high if all it took was buying a car, sorry.

Latest posts

Back