Whats the weirdess thing you've done out of loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in college, I would do my studying outside, hoping that someone passing by would talk to me. Even sometimes when I had computer work, and I would have to have my laptop halfway closed held up, and brightness on all the way just to be able to see the screen. I think only once or twice somebody stopped to say something to me.

Sometimes I would just go to the park in the city I was in, but I only spoke with a few people. I often go to the mall not to buy something, but just to have the feeling that I am around people.

Alot of these were painful to read. Really feel for some people.

Can't remember anything overly weird I've done out of loneliness, but I have no confidence. When walking around people & not otherwise preoccupied with other thoughts, I channel Darth Vader & play the Imperial March in my head. Helps me keep my chin up & avoid staring at the ground as I walk.

I've had pretend phone conversations. I know there's nobody on the other end, but that's how lonely and anxious I can get. I live alone and I don't work, don't date, really don't have any friends or family to call, and no social life. Many months can pass and I won't speak to a soul other than hi & goodbye to the corner store clerk. It gets really depressing.

As a kid I used to cope with loneliness and depression through anger and I would blame other kids for 'purposely ignoring me.' I mostly just did things against social norm, like staring random people down to make them uncomfortable.
Thankfully I don't do that anymore, though I'm still affected by it. I think the worst I really do out of anger is say things bluntly to people I assume wouldn't like me anyway.

Took off for a month and hiked on the Appalachian Trail from Springer Mountain, GA to Hot Springs, NC.

I have maladaptive daydream disorder, so I often have elaborate daydreams throughout the day, where I sometimes physically act them out as they are "playing", and talk to the characters in the daydreams. I've been doing it since childhood. Symptom of a lonely, abusive childhood.

It only subsides when I "have a life".

Missingthesun said:
LonelyInAtl said:
Took off for a month and hiked on the Appalachian Trail from Springer Mountain, GA to Hot Springs, NC.

I think that sounds fabulous, not weird!

My friends would say otherwise. LOL :)

I'm still doing that. What I said in my previous post. Talking to a disconnected cell phone. I suppose it wouldn't be any different if I talked to a lamp or salt shaker. But somehow I don't feel quite as insane if I'm holding a cell phone to my ear and talking to imaginary people. Anyway, I think we're making progress. Me and my imaginary phone friends. I talk for hours, sometimes shout and yell, and vent all my emotional issues and frustrations. We argue a lot about how I feel and whether my feelings and perspectives are valid or not, but in the end I think they see my point of view, and I sleep better knowing my imaginary phone friends really understand me. lol

Tuathaniel said:
I think the weirdest thing I've done out of loneliness is to push people away.

Guilty as charged! I do that too. Loneliness can become a self-fulfilling prophecy that makes it hard to live in the moment and be around people.

Facebooking those I meet. In fact everyone I meet if I know their last name but can sometimes find out through connections and Google search. Even searching their address in electoral rolls. Then mapping their house on google maps. Trying to stop doing this because it is creepy. I even considered making memes or using faceinhole.com on them. There is this woman who doesn't like me and I so wanted to do a judge Judy soundboard prank on her last night I was laughing at the thought lol. (I don't know her home phone only work..doing it when I know she is there)

Messaging a teacher via email. Went wrong.

Trying to add ex teachers on Facebook. Didn't work out.

Faking my job and weight on dating sites

Make believe with my toys

Hmm I'm a smoker so usually I go to crowded places with a coffee and a cig and watch people passing by. I talk to every stray dog I encounter.
When I really feel lonely and can't stand it, I message people I don't usually talk to (because we don't have anything in common) like saying hi and listen to their stuff.
But most of the times I just daydream about things that will never happen. It's like escaping reality.

I call people I use to know but hide my number and hang up on them. I'll also call my job on my days off and hang up on them. I also talk to the virtual assistant on my phone.

Reached a new point, but more of boredom than loneliness. Almost hitchhiked with 2 random peeps to another continent. Still sounds like a fun idea to me ^_^

Meaw said:
Reached a new point, but more of boredom than loneliness. Almost hitchhiked with 2 random peeps to another continent. Still sounds like a fun idea to me ^_^

Which continent? Does sound like fun.

Now I've started to call my phone and leave myself voicemails.

Latest posts

Back