what's wrong with me ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lina

Reaction score
Why i don't have friends - real ones ?
My best friend is my sister ,but i wish i could have some friends to hang out with , talk to , have some great time with and share my best and bad moments with .
I'm open , kind , i like to help others to have fun and enjoying my life and a little shy but it doesn't matter 'cause in fact i know so many peole i talk to them some of them come and talk to me about their problems i know how to listen to other but no one is really a good friend of mine. I start always by having a nice relationship with others but it stops here : it stays superficial !! I try to move it to the next level with some of them but i fail . I don't wanna seem selfish but once i have some friends who told to me that i can't be one of them 'cause i'm so perfect for them but i 'm just a human and nobody is perfect !!!! And one i was rejected 'cause "" i have more time for studies than friends "" but it's my future and at exams prep periods i can't let fall my books to hang out or anything like that !

Hello Lina, I really do feel for you. You sound like such a great person and by rights people should be queuing up to be your friend. I have the same problem though mine is re. relationships and I wonder if there is something wrong with me because I can't find anyone. It can be hard to accept that sometimes, despite our best efforts and our being ok people, for some reason we don't click with those we meet beyong a superficial level. I wish I knew what the answer was. I send you a hug.

What's wrong with you? Probably nothing. I feel the same - I don't really have friends I see on any regular basis. That's been gnawing away at me for a while but not a huge problem until my relationship broke up a couple of months ago. I've made the effort to travel and visit friends in the past and feel that not all of them would bother making the effort to come see me (I live 4 or more hours drive from most of them - in the UK where that is a long way to travel to see someone).

What's wrong with me? Nothing, so I'm told. Maybe I don't make enough of the opportunities I have. Maybe I'm just a bit clunky, socially. Maybe not.

You sound like you have time for other people, that you're interested in them. And there's nothing wrong with putting time into studying.

Persevere - persist!

Being the friend people go to for advice is not an advantageous position if you want them to like you. More often than not, people come to resent you when you help them.

Latest posts

Back