Whats your biggest mistake of your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest mistake I made was taking a walk with a girl in Grade 11 and the problems that resulted from it.

Quite often in trying to be 'fair' you dont quite understand the meaning of 'fair'. It means different things to different people. Think it also has a lot to do with priorities. So for instance if you have people that need to be attended to it is just and amongst your top priorities to look after them. For individuals who havent been exposed to such a context it isnt near the top of their priorities list and the meaning of 'just' takes on different hues. I should have been more cognizant of this back when I was younger - would have helped me form a more meaningful relationship.

That's a profound question, which is probably why it's so difficult to answer.
Hmm...
I think my biggest mistake is either me not telling the truth or me hiding the truth for so long it became an issue.

Trusting the wrong men in my life. Letting them take me for granted and abuse me. Hopefully one day I won't beat myself up about this anymore.

Letting my anxiety over come me. What have I done to deal with it? Mmmm psychotherapy, CBT, Hypnosis, psychiatric medication. Not one worked. I had really awesome ways of temporary escape from it but in the end making it much worse, Drinking, getting high, popping E's like they were smarties, days on end speeding. Thankfully I'm past those days now, now I just have to live with it though presumably not as long as I would have if I hadn't had any temporary escape, hey things are looking up already!

AJ

Letting my depression get the best of me during my final two years of high school. I was depressed long before that, but it was honestly when everything started to get a bit too much and I just couldn't cope with life or my responsibilities like a healthy human being. I ended up not applying myself enough, ended up in a mediocre university in a honeysuckle town. I'm not gonna lie to myself and say I could have been Cambridge material or anything like that, but I could have done much better, and I could have picked a better location. I also regret the course I chose, it was very much because I had no idea what to study and I had a vague interest in that area that has died down a lot.

Too many....
- wasting my time on people who were not good and didn't give a sh## about me. Been used and abused far too many times and then people wonder why I trust no one.
- going to college with zero financial planning and now paying the awful price
- being focused on and stressing over the wrong things. Could have figured out who I am by now with all that wasted time.
- letting depression, anxiety and fear run my whole life
- messing every relationship up with my negativity. Especially losing the love of my life which was devastating since I connect to so few people.
- not getting braces and fixing my jacked up teeth when I should have. Now I will have an ugly grill for life unless I get a lot of money in the near future.
- being an idiot in general.....

Definetely pushing people away whenever I felt that they were getting too close and saying "no" every time someone asked me out, because I was too afraid of what could happen.

Not seeing my parents as people too. Not telling them I loved them before it was too late and they were gone.

Spending too much time and effort trying to make people care about me who never will care about me.

I agree. I have had that happen. Recently as a matter of fact.

Made enough of them it's tough to pick the biggest. Completely giving up on man / woman relationships for thirty years was a pretty big mistake.

By tomorrow I might think that one of my other mistakes was the biggest.

Latest posts

Back