Improving Your Fashion To Attract the Women You Want

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care who you are, no one can get away with the soggy diaper look.

Seriously, can anyone tell me how that came to be thought of as "cool and trendy"?

Well, thousands of women would love to be in Hailey Bieber's place, so I think he has gotten away with it :ROFLMAO: . Plus, he's been with Selena Gomez and probably countless other beautiful women.

Tip just get basic colours, men look more masculine in basic colours that aren't too bright. If you have green or blue eyes you could use that as your primary pallet 😇

Another great tip. This is the key. Don’t try and choose crazy colors because you think they “look cool.” Don’t try and buy some wacky designs because you think you’re going to look unique. Don’t try and be the “trendsetter” when you suck at fashion.

It just backfires and makes you awful. And even if it’s in fashion right now, it will go out of fashion in ten years. And you will be embarrassed.

On the Internet, I’ve watched a lot of makeovers where experts come in to help an average man with his fashion. One of the most common problems is a severe lack of understanding of colors. They choose off-the-wall, crazy colors because it “looks cool” or it’s their favorite color, not realizing the colors clash or are just weird.

Here are the colors you should stick to:
  • Black
  • White
  • Gray or Charcoal Gray
  • Navy Blue
These colors look well for suits, polo’s, t-shirts, v-neck’s, and dress-shirts.

Once you’re fully settled in these and know a bit more about fashion, you can venture into:
  • Light Blue
  • Medium Blue
  • Silver
  • Brown
It may seem boring but these basic colors are timeless. In fact, some of the most fashionable men out there probably wear only or mostly these colors. I bet you. Check out the suits David Beckham wears. You do not need flashy colors to look good. It’s less stress juggling more colors anyways.

Here are some of the top colors and designs you should avoid:
  • bright orange
  • purple
  • yellow
  • lime-green
  • stripes
  • polka dots
  • crazy patterns
Don’t try and do something crazy. Leave that to professionals in fashion who do this full time.

For beginners, stick to simple, solid colors, with no (or very few) stripes.

I suggest to only stick to black, gray, and white. Common timeless outfits include v-necks and suits.

Think timeless. These colors will be in trend 30 years from now just like they were 30 years ago. You don’t want to have an outfit or trend that goes out of date in a few months. The same concept applies to not just colors, but outfits.

If you cannot resist buying other bolder colors, keep these colors to 5% of your wardrobe. These should be a tiny “spice” to the rest of your outfit. Adding too many colors makes you look like a rainbow clown.

I suggest the color red because studies show women find this more attractive and people find it more persuasive. This could be linked to the history of the color red, which only the wealthy and high status could afford it. Humans may still be genetically wired to unconsciously assume you are high-status when they see red.

Suits are also timeless. Most women who are asked say that they love a man wearing a suit.

A classic suit is always in style.

There are men who wore suits in the 1940’s who would still look completely in place now. Plus, a good suit can help you outside of just dating. It can help you in business.

Your first foundational suit should be versatile, timeless, and smart. Therefore, it should be a solid navy (preferred) or a solid charcoal gray. It shouldn’t have stripes because it’s not as versatile. It should have 3 buttons, no more and no less. Source: Real Men Real Style

Keep it with these safe colors. If you want to add some spice, you can do it with a colorful tie or dress shirt.

Suit Supply has great $400 suits that fit well and are great quality. Some of them have free shipping, returns, and tailoring. Absolutely make sure it’s fitted.

In a similar vein, I found this. Please nonone ever follow this trend, ever lol.
https://totallythebomb.com/jeans-peed-your-pants
CmN9kvzWgAEnYhf.jpg

Suit Supply has great $400 suits that fit well and are great quality. Some of them have free shipping, returns, and tailoring. Absolutely make sure it’s fitted.
If you're thinking about investing in a suit book an appointment with a tailor and get one made to measure. Though you can get some great tailored and fitted suits on the high street right now, unless you’re built to model sized specifications chances are an off the peg fit will always be a little off. I'd suggest never buying a suit without trying it on first.

If you're not in shape forget about a fitted jacket, the minimal padding and high armholes, meant to enhance your posture, will only let everyone know you need to get your arse down the gym more often.

I personally go with a navy blue lightweight wool ( it's breathable and unlike most other fabrics doesn't sag or go shiny.) single breasted two button jacket, only ever button the top button, with notched lapels that shows around half an inch of shirt below the cuff. Slim fitted trousers and red all stars because dress shoes are a bit too formal for my liking. I've been rocking this suit very successfully for the last 14 years and it's still as good as the day the tailor knocked it up.

Yes, Brad Pitt will still have countless women drooling over him no matter what he wears because of his looks and status. However, a short, ugly man who dresses well will still be more appealing than if he dressed like he was homeless.

For those people who are skeptical, have you tried to improve your fashion? Or are you just dismissing it without even doing it?
That's not the way things work though-being less unattractive by dressing better does not automatically make a man attractive. Women will take a 6'+ good looking slob over a 5'6 ugly guy dressed to the nines every single time.

I disagree. I have never heard this before. I've heard people say a guy driving a big car is a cope. But never heard that with dressing well. Women love a guy who dresses well. I think you're mistaking dressing well with being overly flashy with the way you dress. There's a difference. You don't have to showboat to dress well.

If you try overly hard to showboat something, people can sniff that out as compensating or faking it.

This happens all the time when people rent expensive cars or buy fake watches and pretend it’s real and they own it.

Women and men sniff it out because it’s over the top.. and it’s a turn-off.

The lesson is simple: don’t be super flashy with your fashion and try-hard – it’s off-putting.

An example would be an overly playboy or bad boy outfit.

A quick reference to a Neil Patel article: he also experimented with buying a number of different watch brands. He found that an overly flashy and clearly flamboyant $28,000 watch was looked down upon while a simple, non-fancy $100,000 watch got noticed and got him more business contracts.

The point is: don’t be overly try hard in trying to look successful

Case in point. Of course, he is Justin Bieber though, so he can get away with this. Yes, good looking celebrities can do this because they have so many other things going for them.
Correction-women love a tall, attractive guy who dresses well. Putting a fancy ribbon on a pile of dog poop is not going to make it any more appealing.

That's not the way things work though-being less unattractive by dressing better does not automatically make a man attractive. Women will take a 6'+ good looking slob over a 5'6 ugly guy dressed to the nines every single time.

It makes him more attractive than if he was dressing like a slob though. If a man is physically not attractive, then yes, he has to make it up in a variety of ways that a more attractive man doesn't. I think the main problem is you keep comparing yourself to the top of the top. How many guys out there are 6 foot, attractive looking males? If you went outside today, how many of these guys do you see walking around? There are billions of people in the world, and the majority of people are not 6 foot models. There are not enough of these men to go around for all the women in the world. The majority of your competition is going to be average and below average guys.

They are the men women want though. That is why so many average & below average men are struggling so mightly in dating. For example, at the gym I work out in there are a few dozen women I see on a regluar basis whom I would consider my looks match-average at best face but outstanding physique. Every one of them I have seen with a partner who is over 6', full head of hair & above average looking.

The whole billions of people/women in the world thing is silly btw. How many people does the average person actually meet in their lifetime-maybe a few thousand of so at most? Women would rather stay single or share a top man than to settle for lesser men. Also since 80%+ of women are only attracted to the top 20% of men or so means the the other 80% of men are competing for the remaining 20% of women-extremely poor odds to say the least. The very few women who may be willing to settle for an average or below average man are quickly snatched up making the very bad odds even worse.

The whole billions of people/women in the world thing is silly btw. How many people does the average person actually meet in their lifetime-maybe a few thousand of so at most? Women would rather stay single or share a top man than to settle for lesser men. Also since 80%+ of women are only attracted to the top 20% of men or so means the the other 80% of men are competing for the remaining 20% of women-extremely poor odds to say the least. The very few women who may be willing to settle for an average or below average man are quickly snatched up making the very bad odds even worse.

But if that were the case, then 60% of the population would be single. That doesn't seem like a realistic number to me. I don't think that 80% of the women out there are either with a top guy or just waiting around and willing to be single.

But if that were the case, then 60% of the population would be single. That doesn't seem like a realistic number to me. I don't think that 80% of the women out there are either with a top guy or just waiting around and willing to be single.
That is the way things are going for men though. Many relationships began before, cell phones, dating apps & social media when it was possible for men to find a women on their own level because their dating pool was limited to the general area they lived & worked in. Currently though, women have access to men across the globe and they get attention from countless well above average men so they are unwilling to settle for men whom they would have otherwise been happy with.

Because it is only 99% of the time and not 100% I guess technically it is incorrect to say all the time but never having been in the lucky 1% it has been every single time.

I hear you. I have a good buddy that loves to correct me when I say things like that. When I throw out the "every single time I've this", or "every time I've gone there I see that", etc...he always comes back with "that's not true!" and asks "EVERY single time?" "Really?" We laugh and agree "ok, not e-v-e-r-y time, jeesh but enough to make a point" lol. Too literal, some folks are. I wish some of them could walk in my shoes for a just a few weeks and experience my world (regarding women). I think they'd be a little more forgiving for the lack of faith and defeated vibe, I mean you can only try for so many decades before you see the writing on the wall and wave the white flag.

I seriously doubt ones attire is high on a women's list when checking out men - as long as you're not a slob that is and have all the desired attributes, you're golden. Conversely - I agree, I don't care how snappy you dress yourself, if you ugly, you ugly and alreay behind the eight ball.

I hear you. I have a good buddy that loves to correct me when I say things like that. When I throw out the "every single time I've this", or "every time I've gone there I see that", etc...he always comes back with "that's not true!" and asks "EVERY single time?" "Really?" We laugh and agree "ok, not e-v-e-r-y time, jeesh but enough to make a point" lol. Too literal, some folks are. I wish some of them could walk in my shoes for a just a few weeks and experience my world (regarding women). I think they'd be a little more forgiving for the lack of faith and defeated vibe, I mean you can only try for so many decades before you see the writing on the wall and wave the white flag.

I seriously doubt ones attire is high on a women's list when checking out men - as long as you're not a slob that is and have all the desired attributes, you're golden. Conversely - I agree, I don't care how snappy you dress yourself, if you ugly, you ugly and alreay behind the eight ball.
People in denial always love to bring up the extreme exceptions when dealing with uncomfortable truths. I like to describe it as the Danny Devito fallacy. Because they refuse to accept that looks and height make such a dramatic difference between success & failure for men they will often try and gaslight you by claiming that your failure is due to aspects under your control, like for example clothing.

Latest posts

Back