Improving Your Fashion To Attract the Women You Want

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People in denial always love to bring up the extreme exceptions when dealing with uncomfortable truths. I like to describe it as the Danny Devito fallacy. Because they refuse to accept that looks and height make such a dramatic difference between success & failure for men they will often try and gaslight you by claiming that your failure is due to aspects under your control, like for example clothing.
That might even make some sense...if Devito hadn't been married to Rhea Perlman since 1982.

People in denial always love to bring up the extreme exceptions when dealing with uncomfortable truths. I like to describe it as the Danny Devito fallacy. Because they refuse to accept that looks and height make such a dramatic difference between success & failure for men they will often try and gaslight you by claiming that your failure is due to aspects under your control, like for example clothing.
Seriously though, how did you attract your ex-wife?

Like oh, what, 70% of planet Earth?
That is a logical error in that what happens in countries other than the one I live is irrelevant to my experience-as is the dating market before social media, dating apps & cell phones.

That is a logical error in that what happens in countries other than the one I live is irrelevant to my experience-as is the dating market before social media, dating apps & cell phones.
Said every chicken on the planet, ever.

No-it's called logic & reason. Your presuppositions will not allow you to use critical thinking skills so your only response is gaslighting & victim blaming.
Hey, it's what I do best, being a bully. I tried the logical approach, you don't give a flying monkey's ass. So I figure I'd stoop down to your level. Much easier to blame women for too high standards, right bro? We are so screwed in 2023.

At work through a co-worker. She liked several other guys there but they were already taken so even then I was not her first choice.
Is anyone ever anybody’s first choice though? I think that’s pretty rare. Why should anyone of us that don’t have tickets on ourselves think that we get exactly what we want? If the percentage of attractive people is so low, why would any of us just assume we should be able to attract one of those people? We have to settle for “less” and sometime much less.

I seriously doubt ones attire is high on a women's list when checking out men - as long as you're not a slob that is and have all the desired attributes, you're golden. Conversely - I agree, I don't care how snappy you dress yourself, if you ugly, you ugly and alreay behind the eight ball.

Well, yeah, if you have all the desired attributes, of course what you wear isn't going to matter as much. Like I mentioned before, Justin Bieber can wear what he wants no matter how ridiculous it is, and still attract thousands of women, simply because of who he is. This thread isn't to help Justin Bieber though. It's for average or below average guys who are struggling with women. And for those guys, how you dress most certainly has an impact. Because many of these guys dress in such a way that it is actually a turnoff for women. If you don't think fashion is important like I used to, then you are not going to even realize how badly you might be dressing. I used to think I looked fine too even though I was wearing oversized shirts which made me look ridiculous, colors that clashed, etc. But because I knew nothing about fashion, I just assumed I looked fine.

I am not trying to gaslight anyone. I never denied that physical features and height made big difference in attracting women. My only point is that those are things you can not change (unless you get plastic surgery). So why not focus on the things you can change? If you don't believe you can do anything to improve your chances beyond your looks and height, then this thread is obviously not for you.

Seriously though, how did you attract your ex-wife?

Wait, he's been married before? How can someone have such a defeatist attitude when they've actually been in a relationship and been married? Doesn't make any sense. And yet I've been able to keep a positive attitude despite never having been in a relationship ever.

I honestly don't think it's logical to assume that 60% of the population is single, even with social media, dating apps, and cell phones giving women more options.

Well, hell, I thought we had moved beyond that nasty g word that no one uses correctly....guess not. Seriously, VICTIM? Please.....

Why not go take over an island and make yourself an incel community where you all agree about how evil women are....even though you were married before.....but hey, you weren't her FIRST CHOICE, so maybe it doesn't count. :rolleyes:

That is the way things are going for men though. Many relationships began before, cell phones, dating apps & social media when it was possible for men to find a women on their own level because their dating pool was limited to the general area they lived & worked in. Currently though, women have access to men across the globe and they get attention from countless well above average men so they are unwilling to settle for men whom they would have otherwise been happy with.

This is absolutely true. I'm afraid some people would fail to see this happening in its full extent because of their rather advanced age, but us young people can definitely see it happening. The result will be (and to some extent already is) an increase in the prevalence of singleness and the consolidation of unorthodox forms of sexuality.

If all this increasing singleness leads to a smaller world population, then that’s a good thing.
It doesn't though, from my point of view.
It's more like the movie Idiocracy.
Seems to me that most of the single people are educated, hardworking and productive.
Whereas the lowlife types breed like an ant heap.

Latest posts

Back