What's Your dream occupation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could become an author. Definately fiction, non-fiction is too depressing and uninteresting. But I'm not refined enough to get published, so I'll either be in a cubicle or the desert (U.S.M.C. ....maaaybe, I'd probably get the desk job anyhow due to my horrific eyesight so no need to worry about becoming a causualty)

Robin said:
Come on, You all surely have some kind of dream occupation You want to reach! What's Yours?

Retirement...

Not exactly a lofty goal, but at least I'm honest.

piloting a spaceship by myself going as far into space as possible... anything that involves me going far away from human kind

I would love to have my own business and be my own boss. I even thought of a great oppotunity where I live, but no money to invest in my idea. I was thinking of a shop, online and walkin services, that caters to ppl wanting to have hand-made gifts ordered for their loved ones etc. I don mean like jewelry, but decorated mirrors and frames or Hand-made chess sets or doll houses etc. Any kind of special little crafty gift you can make by hand and imagination.
Anyway, that's my dream job.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
piloting a spaceship by myself going as far into space as possible... anything that involves me going far away from human kind

That reminded me of a space treading game called Elite I use to be very addicted to many moons ago.

i'd love to do something with medicine - doctor or nurse - but i never had the money or the guts to go to university.

restoring old lost movies

to become a certified public accountant-- I can set my own hours and make a lot of dough

Is Supreme Overlord of the Planet off the table?

Well, if it is then something involving audio & video production, or radio that pays well enough for me (and any future dependents) to live comfortably.

Antihero said:
Is Supreme Overlord of the Planet off the table?

Heck no, go for it:)

I always wanted to be either a veterinarian or a wildlife photographer for like National Geographic or anything that involved traveling all over the country..veterinarian was quickly scratched out because I can't stand to see animals in pain or worse, dying..wildlife photographer would involve me being out in the wild with bugs and eww, I don't like them so I guess that eliminates that possibility as well, so maybe I could do one of those shows where you go all over the world trying out foods in different countries..kind of like No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain (I love that guy)... Maybe I'm just crazy and have no aspirations...:D

Nah, I think I would just like any job that would give me enough time to spend with my son. I would hate to miss seeing him growing up because I was at work all the time.

penny143 said:
I always wanted to be either a veterinarian or a wildlife photographer for like National Geographic or anything that involved traveling all over the country..veterinarian was quickly scratched out because I can't stand to see animals in pain or worse, dying..wildlife photographer would involve me being out in the wild with bugs and eww, I don't like them so I guess that eliminates that possibility as well, so maybe I could do one of those shows where you go all over the world trying out foods in different countries..kind of like No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain (I love that guy)... Maybe I'm just crazy and have no aspirations...:D

Nah, I think I would just like any job that would give me enough time to spend with my son. I would hate to miss seeing him growing up because I was at work all the time.

That's cool Penny! Children sure are important! =)

I'd like to go back to transport... Being a CCT nurse would be awesome, especially if it meant I could get back on the flight team...

Fodderboy said:
I'd like to go back to transport... Being a CCT nurse would be awesome, especially if it meant I could get back on the flight team...

Hi Fodderboy,
Just wondering why a flight nurse? Is it because you like the adrenaline?

Nal

I used to work on the helicopter when I was an EMT... I LOVED it =0) It was cool to be able to travel all over and help kids... =0)

Fodderboy said:
I used to work on the helicopter when I was an EMT... I LOVED it =0) It was cool to be able to travel all over and help kids... =0)

So you enjoy helping kids? It's great to have an occupation that leaves you feeling good inside : ) Nothing like getting paid to do what you love. Who knows, maybe one day you will be back to doing flights.

Graphic designer (i'm taking that in uni this september), animator or game designer.

Panda said:
Graphic designer (i'm taking that in uni this september), animator or game designer.

Good choice! You should put up some of your work or link to it or something, I'm sure we'd all like to see =0)

Latest posts

Back