What's your favorite song that deals with loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonely Day- System of a Down

THE GREATEST BAND EVER!

20080324-system_of_a_down_65.jpg

Chair said:
What's your favorite song that deals with loneliness?

A candy colored clown they call the Sandman
Tiptoes to my room every night
Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper,
"Go to sleep, everything is alright..."

I close my eyes, then I drift away
Into the magic night, I softly say
A silent prayer, like dreamers do,
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you

In dreams I walk with you
In dreams I talk to you
In dreams you're mine
All of the time
We're together in dreams
In dreams...

But just before the dawn
I awake and find you've gone
I can't help, I can't help it, if I cry...
I remember that you said goodbye...

It's too bad that all these things,
Can only happen in my dreams
Only in dreams,
In beautiful dreams...

It may not be specifically about loneliness but 'Coming in from the cold' by The Delgados.
The hook cuts...

Lita Ford did a cover of Alice Cooper's song "Only Women Bleed" that I think is quite good. I wouldn't say it's a favorite exactly, but it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

[video=youtube]

Haha one nice song

another one - dance-style, very positive and uplifting. You won't find such dance music now anymore :(

freedom said:
Lonely Day- System of a Down

THE GREATEST BAND EVER!

20080324-system_of_a_down_65.jpg

You are.... AWESOME! Wow I haven't found a fellow SOAD lover here!

Okay but on topic now. Elliott Smith is the one I listen to. Listen to Everything reminds me of her, Miss Misery, Between the Bars, Happiness, Twilight, Waltz 1 and 2. Those are just some of my faves of him. Also, Memory Lane, Angeles, Needle in the hay... RIP Elliott Smith. My current signature is lyrics of Happiness.

Sarah Mclachan - In the arms of an angel
(This is my number one)
R.E.M - Everybody hurts
Hootie & the blowfish - Let her cry
Seether & Amy Lee - Broken
Alanis Moressette - Uninvited
Skillet - Forgiven
Jewel - Foolish games
Airheads - Creep
Pink - Sober
Def Leppard - Love Bites
Evanescence - My Immortal
James Blunt - Carry you home
Eric Clapton - Tears in heaven
Christina Aguilera - Hurt

I have a playlist named Sad so I put that on, put on the earphones, and just listen to that in the dark. Have many more but these are kinda high on my list.

I don't really pay any attention to lyrics. But the majority of the music I listen to pertains to loneliness in one way or another.

I just don't know exactly which ones! :p

So I'm just going to say I listen to doom metal and that's that.

blackwave said:
Mournful Congregation <3

Yes, they are just awesome. Especially "June Frost".

But my personal tastes is more for the synthesizer-heavy bands like Thergothon, Skepticism, and Shape of Despair.

I also worship Worship! :p Such a shame the vocalist jumped off of a bridge and killed himself. :(

I was going to lambaste most peoples' taste in music here, not because that they are not listening to doom metal, but because most of the music they listen to is a little too... common and ordinary, not to mention vapid and insipid, to put it lightly.

It's just a MAJOR pet-peeve of mine that hardly anyone in this entire world is willing to look beyond what MTV promotes (or has promoted) for good music. Especially considering that the Internet makes it EXTREMELY easy these days. Just type "Saint Vitus" into Google or YouTube, I mean, come on, that's less letters than "Britney Spears" or "Justin Beiber", eh?

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I think I might be able to come up with others if I give it some more thought.

Cathedral said:
I was going to lambaste most peoples' taste in music here, not because that they are not listening to doom metal, but because most of the music they listen to is a little too... common and ordinary, not to mention vapid and insipid, to put it lightly.

It's just a MAJOR pet-peeve of mine that hardly anyone in this entire world is willing to look beyond what MTV promotes (or has promoted) for good music. Especially considering that the Internet makes it EXTREMELY easy these days. Just type "Saint Vitus" into Google or YouTube, I mean, come on, that's less letters than "Britney Spears" or "Justin Beiber", eh?

I know what you mean, but I also disagree. Personally, I search high and low for the music I listen to, scouring the wonderful interwebs for all sorts of new stuff. But I also realize that for some people it just isn't such a big deal. Not everyone really cares about music enough to constantly expose themselves to things they haven't heard. And that's okay. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone in the world had the exact same interests? I wouldn't feel as special. :>

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I was only able to find live performance versions of the latter song. Actually, I was present when this video was recorded. :>

my favourite sadass song

keith urban - tonight i wanna cry

[youtube]Czb5P_pw8Fc[/youtube]

For me, I think I hate love by Claude. That song talks about loneliness and painful emotions. I don't know if you know that song but its really good.

Latest posts

Back