What's your view on arranged marriage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regumika said:
It sounds bad to say this.. but a relationship is a lot like owning a business.. You need someone to eventually run the business with you. It's hard to find the right one for the "job". And, it's always better to have a referral from a trusted source than to blindly hire people hoping they can fulfill the position, or waste your time during the interview.

This makes me wonder what people here would think of matchmaking services? They've been gradually coming back in demand. It sounds antiquated, but I think it could actually be a better option than online dating for people who are really serious about finding someone (albeit more expensive).

I used to post a thread about this... cos my mother was trying to arrange me with a distant relative... -.-

I don't have anything against the idea and culture of it, but please, I don't want it for myself. Maybe if I'm really desperate and can never find someone to settle down with (and if I badly want to settle down), then maybe, only maybe, I might consider this option.... but for now and for a really long time actually, I don't think I'd be okay with this for myself.

For myself I am against it. I want to get married very much. I'm 40. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life living alone with just cats to be satisfying. But I will choose my own husband and I will choose him out of love.

Latest posts

Back