When did you start wanting to have a bf/gf and why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyneco

Reaction score
I'm just curious. Although I'm occasionally attracted to the opposite sex, romantic relationship has never really been on my priority list and I don't always understand the big deal of being ____ yrs old and having never dated/kissed/etc.

I only started wanting a bf at about 23. I never ever cared about bfs before that. Rather late, isn't it? Even so, my reasons for wanting a boyfriend do not include craving to lose virginity or some such nonsense. I want a boyfriend for the same purpose I would want a best friend, and that's to have a partner with whom I could go to places, do things and (very important) who would keep me company when travelling. We should be compatible, of course, and have at least one interest in common.

I have no idea but as with Silvernight it was more a desire for a partner as a friend then anything else.

gyneco said:
... I don't always understand the big deal of being ____ yrs old and having never dated/kissed/etc.

When someone believes that they are lacking what they see as normal desirable human experiences for someone of their age then it can feel like a big deal. I don't think it is so much related to when they first started wanting these experiences but is more related to them feeling that they are among the last people of their age to as of yet not have had these experiences.

At an early age. My first GF actaully wanted to have sex with me. I was only 15.
I'm glad i didn't have sex that young. I actaully had plenty of freinds while in HS
male and females. I had plenty of girls thst wanted to be my GF or dating sort of thing.
I also had plutonic relationships with Girls...I found these type of relationship
more fullfilling in so many aspect of my life.

As i got older..I tried to fine a partner that would be my friend and my lover.

i have 2 heads...usually the one without the brain makes my decisions for me :(

Im 20 and dont care for having a gf, I mean I want girls I can hang with, sleep with, but not someone to call my own.

hmm well I've probably been attracted to girls since I was like 12 lol but as for actually caring for a girl and wanting a gf I think it started when i was around 21 I'm 23 now. Lately I've been obsessing over this one girl which isn't good..

gyneco said:
I'm just curious. Although I'm occasionally attracted to the opposite sex, romantic relationship has never really been on my priority list and I don't always understand the big deal of being ____ yrs old and having never dated/kissed/etc.

Hi 5! :p
Same for me, too. I am already 20+. I like to talk to people, have friends and have fun.. but. . .
The romantic relationship has not really been on my priority list and has never been in relationship while my friends keeps having relationship, break up and another relationship again and again.
Once, I remember that someone asked me how come I am still single and I was asking him. . .'Must I be in one?'

Latest posts

Back