When it's time to go to bed...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldyoung

Reaction score
This happens a lot. It's getting late, and I know that I should get some sleep... (My best days are usually the ones where I get up early)

But I just can't turn off the music and get off the computer... It's some sort of restlessness. Like I'm not relaxed enough to get to bed. And at this point, I'm usually too tired to do/start anything useful anyway. So it's just wasted time, usually surfing the web. Also, it has a negative impact on the day after.

Yet I keep doing it..

Anyone else got the same problem?

I totally have the same problem - I sometimes go to bed at 2-3am, having done nothing useful after 10pm. If I went to sleep at 10pm, I could have been up by 7, but with the internet and wasting time, I sleep in till 11 and feel tired the whole next day... Must find a way to stop!!!

I hear ya.
Listening to music and having your eyes glued to the monitor is a lot of fun. It's hard to sleep when you enjoy it so much. My television is right next to my computer. I often stick a disc of "Pawn Stars" episodes into my PS3 and watch it while I'm surfing.

I get this really very often. It's at the point where it doesn't effect me anymore. I can manage on little sleep for a few days at a time if I need to. Although I feel better in some sort of routine. As for solutions.. All I try to do is wear myself out if I feel that I should sleep. Doing some push-ups and sit-ups do me quite well :D

It happens...

70f6424b0a668402d21efc2.jpg

Oldyoung said:
But I just can't turn off the music and get off the computer... It's some sort of restlessness. Like I'm not relaxed enough to get to bed. And at this point, I'm usually too tired to do/start anything useful anyway. So it's just wasted time, usually surfing the web. Also, it has a negative impact on the day after.

Yet I keep doing it..

Anyone else got the same problem?

i do the exact same thing. i used to do it a lot more though when i worked nights. i wouldnt get off the computer til 4am or later sometimes. now that i am working mornings i am too tired and have to get up very early so its not hard to make myself go lay down. i still do it sometimes though.

I tend to linger on the internet than go to sleep myself. And at times its just useless stuff I surf. Don't know why I do it either. From 6pm to 11pm I talk to my son so it makes sense, but I sit on it till 2pm-3pm sometimes. It gets to the point I run out of things to surf.

If my league mates are on I can sometimes be up late playing an MMO. Lately though they haven't so after I turn off the computer to go to bed at a decent time I just sit there watching TV, contemplating on if I really want to go to bed or not.

My problem is reading, especially if I'm trying to learn something. I'll tell myself I'm going to bed, then an hour later, then another. Finally I just have to make myself stop and get some sleep.

i experience it, too....it's like i'm waiting for something or someone but don't know what...it's mind-numbingly annoying

I'm a night owl by nature. Its past midnight and I'm still awake. I blame the unequal distribution of energy my mind gets everyday. Its hard to fall asleep when your brain won't shut up!

I go to bed at different times. My sleep scheduale changes all the time, mostly becuase I didn't sleep well the night before, sore tongue has kept me up etc.

I rarely goto sleep right away, I stay awake for hours. I've always had that problem. I talk to my imaginary friend about different things, the disappointments and stuff I had recently, The Hunger Games, Katniss' long neck. That kinda stuff.

MissGuided said:
i experience it, too....it's like i'm waiting for something or someone but don't know what...it's mind-numbingly annoying

lol it's exactly like that...

I guess all you can really do is try. If it's "time" to go to bed and you don't want to, just get up off the computer, turn it off and go lie down. Generally when it comes to sleeping, I often rest on my back and I can feel myself becoming tired, almost as if my body is becoming numb and slow. When I feel like I'm "ready" to sleep, then I turn onto my side to sleep.

If you're actually having problems sleeping... try exercising during the day if you don't already. That might help you improve your sleeping habits?

Melatonin. That's what I use for sleeping pills. It's a none OTC (Over The Counter) medication, take a few those, wait a half hour, and usually I get a few hours of sleep.

It's the same with me. In the evening I usually do something that involves the internet and then I get stuck... While I know that I should be going to bed, I don't feel tired and whatever I'm doing seems incredibly fascinating (it hardly ever is). I get into a kind of hyperactive state, so I miss the point at which I would usually feel sleepy. Reading sometimes helps, but if a book is interesting and easy to read, it might also keep me up all night. Recently I've considered buying a really boring book in a language I don't understand well and reading that every night. Maybe if it's tedious enough I will rather go to sleep than continue reading :D

I have this problem too. Usually I'm most stressed during the day but around 10pm I start to unwind and want to stay up because it's the only time of the day that I'm actually calm. I stay up way too late surfing the web or reading. The only way I've learned to deal with it is to take something that will make me sleepy; a sleeping pill, xanax, 1st gen antihistamine, etc.

Latest posts

Back