when u r feeling blue...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverblackvoid_ll

Reaction score
what kinda music do you listen to? for me its black metal. nothing cheers me up more than some heavy dose of norsk black metal!

silverblackvoid_ll said:
what kinda music do you listen to? for me its black metal. nothing cheers me up more than some heavy dose of norsk black metal!

I usually listen to some soft, instramental stuff.
Alright people, no laughing!!! Yes, I sit there with a box of Kleenex and soft instramental music. Usually flutes or some kind of nice elevator music...lol Pretty pathetic, I know. **giggles**

hey that's not pathetic. its fine. i like soft music too. i listen to the allman brothers band and some old blues stuff. i like them really old like skip james, robert johnson and the like...

I can't listen to music when i'm sad. I don't think i've ever been able to do that. It just doesn't cheer me up, although it can bring me even further down.

i know its kinda weird but i like aggresive music when im sad. i dont know why, but it helps.
favorite rock band: led zep
favorite black metal bands: enslaved, emperor, immortal, mayhem, satyricon...

Definatly Evanescence and that kinda stuff.

i'll just lie in a dark room and put fallen on repeat and imagine i'm drowning. My immortal will get more tears out of me than anything

I always listen to a piano piece when I feel sad. I'm the kind of person you'd always see sitting alone listening to his mp3 player at college. ^_^;;

James Taylor
Paul Simon
Gordon Lightfoot
Van Morrison
Aaron Neville
Willie Nelson
Jim Croce
John Denver
Otis Redding
Lionel Richie
Glen Campbell
Stevie Nicks
Pink Floyd

(Thirteen is my lucky number so I'll stop here.)

Naleena said:
silverblackvoid_ll said:

I usually listen to some soft, instramental stuff.
Alright people, no laughing!!! Yes, I sit there with a box of Kleenex and soft instramental music. Usually flutes or some kind of nice elevator music...lol Pretty pathetic, I know. **giggles**

I just had an image of opening an elevator and finding you there, sitting in an armchair with some tissues. If I do ever run into you in an elevator, I'll try not to laugh outright. Can't promise there won't be a least a snort, though.

im horrible when im feeling blue.
ill put on all the sad music or slow oldies (which in turn makes me think of HER more) and i couldent think a possitive thought if you held a million dollar bill right in my face. thats my worst flaw, i seem to love pushing myself farther into sadness than trying to cheer up.

One of the many power ballads in my collection, depending on the situation. While they are often sad, I can't help singing along after a while... and I find it impossible to be sad and sing at the same time.

loketron said:
ill put on all the sad music or slow oldies (which in turn makes me think of HER more) and i couldent think a possitive thought if you held a million dollar bill right in my face. thats my worst flaw, i seem to love pushing myself farther into sadness than trying to cheer up.

I feel the same way, but I'd also think of a happy scene at the end. I tend to picture things when I listen to music, and when I'm sad, I'd picture things like..for example, an angel taking me to a better place, out of this world...something like that.

silverblackvoid_ll said:
hey that's not pathetic. its fine. i like soft music too. i listen to the allman brothers band and some old blues stuff. i like them really old like skip james, robert johnson and the like...

lol. now, when I think soft music I think more along the lines of, like, Enya? lol.

Here's some good songs for when I'm really sad;

Mad World -Tears for Fears
Best I Ever Had -Vertical Horizon
Gardenia -Mandy Moore
Slipped Away -Avril Lavigne*
Strawberry Fields Forever -The Beatles
Blue Spanish Sky -Chris Isaak
Spies -Coldplay
Top of the World -Dixie Chicks
Missing -Evanescence*
Hello -Evanescence
Like You -Evanescence
Field of Innocence -Evanescnce
Even in Death -Evanescence (it's a sad band, ok?)
Eternal -Evanescence (my favorite instrumental track ever)
Dernière Danse -Kyo
Sarah -Kyo
Leave Out All The Rest -Linkin Park
Shadow Of The Day -Linkin Park
Valentine's Day -Linkin Park
The Little Things Give You Away -Linkin Park
California Dreamin' -The Mamas and the Papas**
Right Where It Belongs -Nine Inch Nails
The Gift -Seether
Broken -Seether feat. Amy Lee
My Favorite Mistake -Sheryl Crow
The First Cut Is The Deepest -Sheryl Crow
Strong Enough -Sheryl Crow
Gone Forever -Three Days Grace
Wasteland -100 Years

*saddest songs I've ever heard.
**for personal reasons, I still cry when I hear it. And I'm not the crying type.

my anthem

it's not that I dont like you, I just dont want to speak, you fuckin freak, now keep your days out my week :)

I can't listen to music but when I am down I will play a game.

Music when i'm blue ... never made that connection with music ... other feelings i have when i'm blue i like everything to be quite I want silence.

loketron said:

same man...

Latest posts

Back