When You Are Ignored...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
For some of us on here....online relationships are all we have... :(

But what sucks is when that one person stops talking to you daily....like they got bored with you or whatever....it's like...."What did I do...what did I say???" Days go by...then weeks! Then you slowly get the idea that maybe they were just using you all the time and weren't really your friend after all.

So what do you do??? Get angry? Write them off??? BLAME YOURSELF??? Cause guess what....here we go....you find yourself ALONE AGAIN....(not that you weren't alone before, but you thought someone cared)

They aren't genuine friends. fresia 'em. I've been screwed over by people like that, including a fickle girl who one month swore she was madly in love with me, and the next month had found someone else and stopped talking to me. Sad to say I'm pretty pessimistic about people these days.

Eh, opening up to someone without actually ever meeting them face to face is usually not a good idea. It's so much easier for people to simply stop talking to you if you've only ever known them online. I've had that happen to me several times, emailing with someone for a while, even telling them things I wouldn't normally tell people I've only gotten to know, then them suddenly vanishing and me never hearing from them again.

One guy actually wrote me again about a month later and said that he'd stopped writing suddenly because he'd been involved with someone else briefly. So once you've got something "real" going on, you're just free to ignore the person you were previously interacting with online. Wonderful.

Sorry. As you may gather, I'm pretty bitter about most of my online experiences. I don't really have any advice. I guess the thing is to just try to forget about them and move on. It's not your fault, it's just that they're an *******.

I wait, and if after a time nothing is heard from the other party, I send a polite query. If I still get nothing, I generally move on, more or less. Have had it happen to me time after time, even with casual chatting and more involved discussions, but I don't really let it get me down much. Even here, some folks just vanished out of my radar without so much as a 'Goodbye' or 'Well, I'm done with this discussion, toodles'. People can be rather rude, but I'm used to it.

Still, I guess it's always a chance to find and talk to new people. Something life has taught me is that you can't expect folks to be around forever.

Just noticed to read the other posts on the thread after my answer, and I sort of had this tiny moment of smiling sad recollection from a dating site, where I got to talking to this young fine lady I knew previously from school when she just up and vanished after a period of evasion, later returning to tell similarly that she had been seeing someone else. Ouch. :)

Hey Zeek!
Dont be sad, dont blame urself, sometimes its just the way it goes with online relationships. It happened to me too. Just try not to get too attached to ppl online.
Hugs :)

....the thing is...I just went and visited with this person a few weeks ago!!! How can someone be so cruel???? Talk about a slap in the face!!!

At least I got this site....and all you sane people reading about this....

It has happend to me too, but oh well. I have been hurt so many times that I don't even care when ppl are angry with me any more. It just takes too much energy

Zeek, I booked a plane ticket to travel thousands of miles to visit my online girlfriend, she dumped me before I got there. You got off lucky.

I get depressed then I realize that all relationships are like that. My roommate and I used to talk and hangout a lot. However, now we do not really pay each other much mind.

However, pretaining to online relationships on their own. I decided that only having online relationships was getting old and depressing. So I decided to figure out how to have real life relationships.

blackwave said:
Zeek, I booked a plane ticket to travel thousands of miles to visit my online girlfriend, she dumped me before I got there. You got off lucky.

Ouch, black, that stings just reading it! :( That was pretty rude of her. I can't say I blame you for feeling bitter, I would too. :(

Teresa

I know how that is. I spent a good few months listening to a close friend of mine vent about how his girlfriend of four years (whom he had a daughter with) cheated on him with a guy at her workplace. I did it because I thought we were friends, when I left the workplace to work somewhere else he hasn't answered his phone, facebook messages or text messages since (he's been better up to that point).

It sucks when it works out that way, but then you find new people to talk to and eventually you forget about them.

i swear this site has clones of me running around lol...same thing happens to me!, the girls i talk to online i know from real life but even when i do them favors,compliment them, connect with them they always end up ignoring me or even going offline directly at my face leaving me hanging...it hurts when they do that and it's almost like they don't realize that you are a human with feelings.

one girl that i liked and talked to online was real religious loved God and Jesus and cause of that you would expect her to be kind but no she was an ******* pretty much only talked if it was about her, i asked her out just to see each other nothing huge but she ignored me completely, it's like wow thank God you take examples from Jesus cause im sure he ignored people and made them feel like crap lol...world is full of hipocrites and ********

man of one said:
i swear this site has clones of me running around lol...same thing happens to me!, the girls i talk to online i know from real life but even when i do them favors,compliment them, connect with them they always end up ignoring me or even going offline directly at my face leaving me hanging...it hurts when they do that and it's almost like they don't realize that you are a human with feelings.

one girl that i liked and talked to online was real religious loved God and Jesus and cause of that you would expect her to be kind but no she was an ******* pretty much only talked if it was about her, i asked her out just to see each other nothing huge but she ignored me completely, it's like wow thank God you take examples from Jesus cause im sure he ignored people and made them feel like crap lol...world is full of hipocrites and ********

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! That is so funny man....too bad its TRUE.... :(

Realize this: Most people walk around their entire lives with a giant hole inside of themselves.

They try constantly, desperately, feverishly to fill the void. Food, alcohol, drugs, sex, money, attention (ATTENTION). People who are spiritually devoid have a hole in them, a void. It's not filled with an inherent happiness or even a connectedness to the energy that flows through all things.

These people don't feel love, they don't feel safety, they don't feel peace. Realize that it is nothing personal, they can't even love or trust themselves. How the hell can they be lovable or trustworthy to other people? They can't.

They are empty and seeking. When "you" fill the void, they will be there, every minute of every day seeking interaction (attention, a fix). As soon as something else comes along that fills the void, you are ancient history.

These people don't love and likely never will. They only consume. Food, alcohol, drugs, sex, money, attention......endlessly flowing into the void.

I'm not preaching religion with this post. I'm explaining what a lack of connectedness with existence in the natural order causes.

Plastic people in a plastic world with plastic emotions = plastic relationships

Some people do not take online relationships seriously. They talk online for fun and once they have had it, they dump people and go on with "real" life friends. Keep a balanced approach towards your online and offline relations, and you won't get hurt.

I found out recently that we can make great online friends. I am in fact going to a trek with a group I found online. We have the maps and the gear and we will be sharing what gear and supplies we have.

I still have not met them, but talked to them on the phone and chatted for days. We are looking forward to meeting each other.

There are selfish people everywhere, you must remember that.

blackwave said:

Thats happened to me too...and the worst part? It was days before Valentines.

Hey Zeek, I've been on both on of the stick. Being cut out and ignored in relationships suck. It feels depressing and somewhat annoying. I think that when it happens, let it flow. Just continue with your life because they were just a chance meeting for a time period. As for being on the other end... sometimes...even though it's rude...it helps calm a person down to reevaluate the situation and how they feel about the other person. I've had online friends admit that they love me. It doesn't feel comfortable hearing it from them when there hasn't been any physical meetings. It makes me think, "how can they love me when they've never seen me or been around me long enough to pick up my best and worst habits?" I've also had friends that I met up with after a long disappearance. Did you have a decent conversation with your friend when you went to visit them? If you did, then was the conversation long and mostly catching up? Sometimes, a long disappearance helps people build long conversations that may lead to newer ones of the present. Just keep your head up.

If Ignored relationship with the other one, then making the relationship with the other and play the role of different relationship like brother-sister, Husband-wife, parents-son or daughter and other type relationship.

In the beginning, you thought I was amazing, you thought I was something different. But, nowadays, it’s like,

* I’ve gotten less attractive to you.
* I don’t have your attention like I used to.
* You’ve run out of things to say to me.
* I’ve gotten boring to you.
* I’m not as interesting to you as I used to be.
* You’ve gotten used to everything I do.
* Your feelings just aren’t the same.

Latest posts

Back