When you are in love...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyu001

Reaction score
When you are in love, you do not look at other persons.

What do you think about this?

For example you are in a relationship and you get attracted/interested at another person, or you are looking at the body of other person in a sexual form.

I have seen many men and women that shows an interest for other persons yet they say they are in love with the person they are having a relationship.

If you are in love, would not that mean that your eyes are stuck with that person you love and you do not care what is around you?

People have instincts.

All men and all women (that have real sex drives) will look at, admire, and possibly even fantasize about having sex with other people.

Anyone who claims otherwise, is lying.

You have to weigh what is more important:

Random sex with multiple partners...or...A loving committed relationship with one special person (this is what separates the cheaters from the faithful)

even if you are in love.. you look at others..

just try and hide it from your lover :p lol.

When you get my age you tend to joke with your significant other about finding other people attractive.

It's totally okay to find the human body attractive but it's not okay to cheat physically or emotionally.

I've looked right at girlfriends and said "Oh my God did you see that?" and stare at a girl's ass.

I agree with the OP. I don't believe in that bullcrap about looking at others. If you do that, you must not be happy with who you're with. I like someone now, and I'm not even concerned with what other guys do.

VanillaCreme said:
If you do that, you must not be happy with who you're with.

Oh, pssh. Looking at other people is perfectly normal and you can still love your partner with all your heart. I can appreciate all kinds of women, my partner can only be one of them, and even though I'm in love, the glory of those other women are not diminished. :D It may be a vain feeling compared with what I feel for the girl I'm inlove with but it's still there, and it does not make me feel less for her. I hope this made sense, my english is pretty bad. :p

I usually don't look at other women when I'm in a relationship.

Not saying I can't appreciate 'beauty' in another woman, I just don't really notice it when I'm out on the street or watching a movie or... I'm not very observant and besides, why would I go out of my way to look for it? I already have a beautiful girl by my side :D

Peter Lorre said:

Not saying I can't appreciate 'beauty' in another woman, I just don't really notice it when I'm out on the street or watching a movie or... I'm not very observant and besides, why would I go out of my way to look for it? I already have a beautiful girl by my side :D

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

You wouldn't notice this just because you're in a relationship?

338-big-2-1243747889.jpg

Kenny said:
Peter Lorre said:

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

You wouldn't notice this just because you're in a relationship?

338-big-2-1243747889.jpg

Well, all I did was reply truthfully to the OP's post. Ofcourse, you don't have to believe me, like most people do, but that doesn't make it less true.

Anyway, I could spend hours trying to explain my feelings and how it's like to be me, but it doesn't matter. It's not that I'm particularly proud of it, it's not that it makes me a better person/man and all in all there's nothing really special about it.

Yeah you look at others. You may not love others and most of the times not even know them or have feelings for them,but what is the problem with using your eyes? Why would it be an issue? It's just lust,libido,not love,not even close to it. Yeah,you want the person you love more,but one does not abrogate the other

Ya know for some reason Kenny reminds me of Joseph. :p I've only been in one relationship and honestly I still looked at other people. Not that I would have cheated or anything but it's only looking. I see nothing wrong with it.

For me...falling in love is healing.
Im one of those people thats in love with love...it has its pros and cons..
Becuz its like a drug and I cant enough of it...then I lose myself it in.
Ive lost myself in relationships too many times..but I still do it.
Its my chioce..so maybe Ill fine a happy balance somewhere...as for the moment..Im just greatful..Renae and I are very much in love @ the moment...I hope it to last for a long time..I also belive when we fell in love the first time ..we created a lot of good loving memories...we did a lot of roamantic activitis togther.. We had sex all the time of course..but we walled on the beach and all of that too.
I fine Renae every sexy..thats her on my avitar...she also has a perect modlel's body..her BOOBAYS..are totally awsume.:p
So..its even easier for me to chase her.

The Frostings is not only on top of the cake..its also in between/inside that keeps the layers of cake together. :)

when i say look at other guys.... i only mean find other guys hot.

There are some very hot guys out there and being in love does not make them any less hot.

@Kenny... I joke with my husband about it as well.. about both guys and girls... Like she is really pretty.. or he is really cute. But I try to do it more about girls than about guys since I know if he said other women were hot I would probably not like it. I'm actually not sure how I would react though... since he never did it.

I assume we're talking about seriously checking somebody out, instead of just acknowledging the person is attractive. I hardly look at people while I'm single, so I certainly don't look when I'm not.

Poueff said:
Yeah you look at others. You may not love others and most of the times not even know them or have feelings for them,but what is the problem with using your eyes? Why would it be an issue? It's just lust,libido,not love,not even close to it. Yeah,you want the person you love more,but one does not abrogate the other
This^^^

i live by the rule that it's always okay to look at the menu. I'm actually quite blunt about it and I'd even tell the truth if my girlfriend at the time asks if i thought someone was attractive. but then again i cant say i was in love with any of my previous girlfriends so it might not apply here.

Everyone looks at others now and then. No one can help that they find someone else attractive. It's polite to not pointedly drool over someone in front of your significant other, though, generally speaking. Celebrities are often considered the exception to this.

But I do have to say that when I am in love with a woman other women honestly don't cross my mind very much. o.o

And I'm not saying this just to like... kiss up to women or anything - it's just what I've noticed about my behavior. *shrug*

So I don't do some of the behaviors I might otherwise do without thinking when I am single (such as actively look for someone to oggle when I enter a room). It often doesn't even occur to me to do this when I am in a relationship with someone because I have no real reason to go looking for someone.

So I'd say it's true to a certain extent in my case. YMMV.

Latest posts

Back