When you do something you never do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manners for most seem to be getting poorer

I have told many coworkers how my mind is working at work
I am usually multi tasking ... but its like I am playing multiple games of chess at the same of time
I do say thank you at some point for help but communication is usually right to the point and no sugar coating
When I am not there my replacement doesnt understand how I can get so much done by myself LOL

I have changed many flat tires for strangers
Their reaction is usually ..what do I owe ?
I always say ...do some thing nice for someone else

AmytheTemperamental said:
Triple Bogey said:
If it makes you happy then continue but you don't want to become a doormat, somebody who just takes honeysuckle from people and accepts it.

Other people can't make me a doormat. Especially not random strangers who don't say thank you.

whatever.

defending people who are rude is stupid. And silly ******* can argue with that all day. It's not going to change what I think.

Triple Bogey said:
whatever.

defending people who are rude is stupid. And silly ******* can argue with that all day. It's not going to change what I think.

The irony.

Well, all emotions about it aside, think this is a totally cool story.

For me, it would have taken more courage than I have to pick up his things and stick them behind mine. It's like one of those things you say "I shoulda done that", but don't. You did. Cool.

Good for you for saying what you did!! Some people can be so ungrateful. as if saying "thank you" would have killed him. Kindness goes along way for me, and I would be pissed if that guy did that to me.

Bravo!

Danielle said:
Good for you for saying what you did!! Some people can be so ungrateful. as if saying "thank you" would have killed him. Kindness goes along way for me, and I would be pissed if that guy did that to me.

Bravo!

Kindness does go a long way and at the time it happened it bugged me but not anymore. It's water under the bridge as the saying goes.

But I also learned that maybe I could have been wrong doing what I did because I didn't know the real reason why he did not say thank you.

Either way, it's over and done with.

BeyondShy said:
Danielle said:

Bravo!

Kindness does go a long way and at the time it happened it bugged me but not anymore. It's water under the bridge as the saying goes.

But I also learned that maybe I could have been wrong doing what I did because I didn't know the real reason why he did not say thank you.

Either way, it's over and done with.
The real reason is probably the guy is an ignorant rude pig.
He will do it all the time. To everybody.
No reason to defend him apart from wanting to argue which some people enjoy doing.

Triple Bogey said:
The real reason is probably the guy is an ignorant rude pig.
He will do it all the time. To everybody.

We don't know that. I never saw him before when I was there so I can't say he did this to anyone else.

Triple Bogey said:
No reason to defend him apart from wanting to argue which some people enjoy doing.

This has nothing to do with anyone in here. It was just something that happened to me that I decided to share in here. I am trying to do more of this.

I wouldn't exactly be pissed but I'd probably just shrug it off. Some people don't have the habit of saying thanks and sometimes it's the way they've been brought up or the culture they lived in. We can't really know so, I really wouldn't care. If I did something for someone without having been asked to do it, I wouldn't expect anything, but a simple thanks would be nice. They're not obligated to though, since I did the act out of my own will. Also, I wouldn't overthink this. People are people and will always be people. That means there will be some who can show kindness and then there will be those who don't.

I would love to agree with some of the posts here and say that you overreacted. That it was a tiny little thing, and it would have taken only a couple of minutes extra of your time to let that kid check out first. But I won't. I know this feeling of frustration when nothing we do seems to matter. Every action is a futile exercise in regaining control. I mean we are all human beings. It's always nice to have some sort of indication that we are on the right path. That what we do makes a difference. But **** it if that sign or indication is difficult to glean. Even if it is the simple expectation of a small appreciation for a nice thing we did- like letting a person get ahead of us in a queue in a supermarket.
In situations like these I often feel my frustration turn into a sort of caged, impotent rage. But the norms and niceties of society that all of us are expected to follow prevents me from venting it.
So all in all I would like to throw kudos at you. Although your reaction was a tiny bit frivolous and juvenile, it was a reaction none the less- which is more than what I can say for me a lot of the time.
I know this is quite a heavy response to such a simple matter, but maybe I wanted to 'vent' my frustration;).

Latest posts

Back