When you feel so alone… what do you do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callista_05

Reaction score
What helps alleviate your pain when you feel so alone? Or I mean, do you guys ever felt that nagging pain of wanting someone to talk to?... but for some invalid or irrational reasons, you just cant?... how did you deal with it?

I feel it every day. Is there any other feeling at all?

When I was a kid and my folks would go somewhere for the weekend, I literally had no one to even send a message to, just to see how they are and what's new, let alone ask someone to come over and hang out.

I thought it would change with time.

And it did. Now I'm used to it.

wah said:
I feel it every day. Is there any other feeling at all?

When I was a kid and my folks would go somewhere for the weekend, I literally had no one to even send a message to, just to see how they are and what's new, let alone ask someone to come over and hang out.

I thought it would change with time.

And it did. Now I'm used to it.

I don’t know if I could ask someone to hang out with in the middle of the week…everyone seemed to be very busy,,, except for me here…

U know, if there’s a way that I could just get used to this feeling and be able to deal with it with a happy face and a blissful heart everyday, I would…but I guess loneliness and being alone had only one facet….

Unacceptance said:
I immerse myself in video games and music even more so than normal. It's not very effective

I’ve indulged myself with that too…

But have u felt that no matter what we do, it’s just keeps getting worse?

were u able to surpass it?

callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:
I immerse myself in video games and music even more so than normal. It's not very effective

Nope I wake up every day angry at the fact I haven't died in my sleep.

I'm lonely, but I hate life in general, that's just one of the many problems I have with it.

callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:

Yes, it's a phase or a process though. It dosn't happen overnite.
I keep bussy or stay active so I don't sit and wonder about it.
Sometimes I just go for a little walk to get my mind out in open
space and not the 4 walls. Just to clear my mind.
It's little changes in my routine , nothing major so it's not a shock
or drastic.

Lonesome Crow said:
callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:

Sometimes I just go for a little walk to get my mind out in open
space and not the 4 walls. Just to clear my mind.
It's little changes in my routine , nothing major so it's not a shock
or drastic.

Walking fixes nothing.

Lonesome Crow said:
callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:

yeah...i’ve kept myself busy too b4, pushing those thoughts away...but then, i cant stop myself thinking and feeling terrible about it lately...and since people have always known how strong and how i keep my composure up most of the time, no one even tried to check me up if i was ok, or at least, still ok…

callista_05 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:

yeah...i’ve kept myself busy too b4, pushing those thoughts away...but then, i cant stop myself thinking and feeling terrible about it lately...and since people have always known how strong and how i keep my composure up most of the time, no one even tried to check me up if i was ok, or at least, still ok…

So are you still ok?

Unacceptance said:
callista_05 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:

So are you still ok?

Hey, that one made me smile. I didn’t quite expct that response. Thanx 4 askin. I feel better now that u ask….

Unacceptance said:
callista_05 said:
Hey, that one made me smile. I didn’t quite expct that response. Thanx 4 askin. I feel better now that u ask….

Well then I guess all is well in the universe.

Let’s wait until tomorrow… hope things would be better…and hope that things would make us feel better…

callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:
callista_05 said:

Let’s wait until tomorrow… hope things would be better…and hope that things would make us feel better…

I consider Hope to be a form of lying. It's self denial to persevere.

Things will get worst. I will continue waking up.

One day I will stop waking up, things will still continue getting worst.

Unacceptance said:
callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:
callista_05 said:

I consider Hope to be a form of lying. It's self denial to persevere.

Things will get worst. I will continue waking up.

One day I will stop waking up, things will still continue getting worst.

Ok, now I don’t know what to say… u hv a point saying that but isnt it a good thing that we persevere? To hope that things would somehow improve tomorrow?

btw, I also have that days, though, hoping that I wont wake up… knowing that things will only get worse…heaving a deep sigh, asking why other people’s lives are greater and happier than mine… it’s hard feeding this loneliness, but I’m still hoping….

callista_05 said:
Ok, now I don’t know what to say… u hv a point saying that but isnt it a good thing that we persevere? To hope that things would somehow improve tomorrow?

btw, I also have that days, though, hoping that I wont wake up… knowing that things will only get worse…heaving a deep sigh, asking why other people’s lives are greater and happier than mine… it’s hard feeding this loneliness, but I’m still hoping….

I'm honestly not sure if the human race persevering is a good thing. Roaches and Cholera persevere, I would not say they are the greatest things around.

Honestly you should not base your self worth of happiness on other folks' state of being.

Unacceptance said:
Walking fixes nothing.

You can never know, bro ... Uneven terrain, all those rocks and everything ... You just might get lucky and land your head on something hard. :D

(Sorry, man, had to, it was calling out to me. ;))

Ok, seriously now. No, in my experience, walking doesn't help much.

But running is a whole other story. Take it from the one in the trenches.

And no, it's not about sweating it out. It's just that once you're done, for the rest of the day you don't have the energy to think about anything else except how tired you are.

One run a day and there goes the depression. :D

Try and see.

wah said:
Unacceptance said:
Walking fixes nothing.

You can never know, bro ... Uneven terrain, all those rocks and everything ... You just might get lucky and land your head on something hard. :D

(Sorry, man, had to, it was calling out to me. ;))

Ok, seriously now. No, in my experience, walking doesn't help much.

But running is a whole other story. Take it from the one in the trenches.

And no, it's not about sweating it out. It's just that once you're done, for the rest of the day you don't have the energy to think about anything else except how tired you are.

One run a day and there goes the depression. :D

Try and see.

I work between 10 to 12 hours a day lifting heavy boxes and climbing up and down ladders.

I can barely stand by the end of my shift let alone run.

ya running and biking are great, get the endorphines going get the runners high and it puts you ina good mood

but ya i know what you mean, some days it just kills just staying counscious, i listen to my ipod a lot, many times i'll just take a nap. If i'm at school i just gotta focus on getting through the day then i head straight home and lie in bed, taking a long shower then taking a nap really helps to thats probably one of the greatest feelings of lying in bed with covers up to my head, witth that shower fresh feeling

:)

Latest posts

Back