When your dreams are taken away from you by force

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
Personally identifiable information of the OP removed.

Zak,

Nothing, you did nothing wrong....

Here's a story I read....

A farmer own a horse. Oneday his horse ran away.
His nieghbor said..."oh man, that sucks"
The farmer replied "IDK"....

The next day the farmer's horse came back to the farm leading a pack of stallions.
The nieghbor siad..."cool, you're so lucky"
The farmer replied "IDK?".....

The next day the farmer's son broke his leg while riding one of the wild horses.
The neighbor said "wow..that's bad luck, man"
The farmer replied "IDK"....

The next day the army came to take all the young men to war. Upon seeing the farmer son's broken leg.
The army decided not to draft him into battle..
The nieghbor said " It's a good thing your son broke his leg"
The farmer replied "IDK?"......

Oh honey. ((((((((((Zak)))))))))
No, it's not fair and I'm sooooooo sorry that you've gone through this so often. :( You're too good of a person to have had to endure this.

I imagine that your colorblindness keeps you out of the air industry because aircraft extensively use red and green lights as markers. Green for the right side, red for the left...and airport runways also use these lights...etc etc etc. I'm not entirely familiar with how everything works on the tarmac, but I imagine that some critical functions involve noticing the differences in color of various lights on the airplanes or the equipment....

...so it's not really that they're rejecting you as a person...it's just that they want absolutely ZERO chance of anything bad possibly accidentally happening. So it's more of a zero-tolerance safety issue than a personal rejection, IMHO. It's not like they fired you because they don't like you as a person. :p

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this...:( But maybe you could still find a way to be a part of the aircraft industry. A factory job doesn't sound super awesome, but maybe you would find it fun to be able climb all over a 767, doing the wiring or welding or something....I dunno.

I know it seems like the world has conspired to ruin your plans for yourself....but really, I think that's something that everyone has to deal with, to different degrees. I may not be colorblind, but there are certain things that I want to do with my life that just can't happen, for one reason or another....so the best I can do is look for ways to do what I enjoy doing...or get as close to it as possible. All of that was sorta rambly...but I hope some of it helps, Zak.

*lightly chucks Zak on the shoulder* Keep on going, man. I think you're an awesome dude....and I believe you can find something that you'll love doing with your life.

----Steve

That's messed up. Sucks for them though. Losing you as an employee. All the fun times they'll miss.

Could you..maybe...be the airport employee that checks tickets inside the airport? I assume working as a luggage person on the ground was a problem because of the lighting like BJD said. But inside the airport maybe it's different?

I am sorry to hear that Sanal :(

Crow - That's a nice story dude. Its already my view that you are telling me. I am a strong believer of these words "Whatever that happens, happens for good".

Eve - Thanks Eve. I know it sucks but its fine :p I m just too cool to work in airport :p

Steve - Its not that dude. I dont know where the colours comes to play in booking tickets or reservation or things. Not like I m gonna go to ramp or anything. Also I am not interested in repairing aircraft dude lol :p if I was, I would have taken up engineering :p. I wanted to fly it as fly normally, not test fly:p

Creme - Yeah they are gonna miss my screams lol :p

Steel - I know that's not fair. I'ma kick aircraft balls (D)

Lurker - I was an airport employee. That was part of my job dude lol and thats why I didn't get it why they wanted to fire me. They could have just put me into departments where I don't have to deal with colours. But meh I guess they cant cos a ground staff means you will have to do everything in ground handling.

Minus - It's okay Minus :) I'm over it already :) My depressions are very short-living :) Thanks :)

Power2thepeople - Something better is waiting for me and thats why I m getting ripped lol :p

zak, this happened to a good friend of mine, he couldn't be a repair technician because he couldn't distinguish the wiring colors. But he learned from the experience and went back to school, now is a paralegal making good ass money. You are not the only one to have setbacks like this, so don't feel alone trruly. You can recover from this and you will find your way to where you need to be. Take it from somebody who has beat the odds myself. It's hard but you can't base tour self worth on your current financial situation.

I am trying to find some other job now. I will have to change profession. I am interested in law studies but cant waste another 5 years starting it from scratch. So I will concentrate on something which I have already in hand. Maybe hotel Industry

LOL

good work dude. carry on.. :D

a friend of mine worked at The Hyatt here, he started as a Steward (kitchens n stuff), did the rounds in different areas and ended up managing for a while.. if you want it there's plenty of room for advancement..

he then got in at ground level in the Electricity Distributors market.. now manages the sales department, all within 2-3 yrs i think.. i don't know what kind of electricity 'system' you got there.. but that's an option if you don't mind some sales..

You seem to be able to bounce back, which is wonderful. I just know that you'll do it. I know it must be so disappointing for you, but perhaps this is going to free you for something bigger.

(((((Zak))))))

Hey Zak - that's sooooooo not fair ~:(
(((((((hugs))))))))
and well - you didn't do anything wrong. these things just happen :(

and well - what you said to Power2thepeople - Something better is waiting for me and thats why I m getting ripped lol :p - i second that :D

you are awesome - and dearest, new dreams replace old ones. i hope you will find it :D

Latest posts

Back