Where in the world would you like to visit and why

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to make like Bjarni Herjolfsson and discover the Americas someday. Africa, Asia, Europe and even Australia and Oceania, as vast as they are, seem to be within reach of those of us living on this side of the globe, but the Americas seem like mystical, far off lands, probably because of the vast gulf of water that separates us. The US of A and Canada are each alone nearly the size of continental Europe; the variation in people and culture, food and environment is bound to be just as significant and wide, even if the history is not as extensive.
Of those continents, the US, Canada, Chile and Brazil are definitely countries I'd like to visit if I had to choose, because people make countries what they are, and I'd like my friends from those places to introduce me to their cultures, traditions, food and way of life and all those good things.
I'd also like to travel around Russia. It just seems like a very unusual and fascinating place, besides being the world's largest country and the fact that it straddles two continents.
South Africa is up there too. It's certainly a melting pot of peoples and cultures, even if once a very reluctant one. Africa in general is an intriguing continent. 54 countries with enormous differences between them all, and many people (who aren't African) tend to lump them all into one mass. Egypt, Nigeria, Chad, Morocco, and Tanzania- friends, a relative, and colleagues from these places. I'd like to visit someday.
And Japan. Who wouldn't want to visit Japan?
Backpacking around Europe, traipsing through Asia, breezing through Australasia, freezing in both poles.. All on my list of things I'd like to do.
So erm... I guess basically everywhere is the answer I've been trying to get to. But hey, even if I'm not able to do that, I can always dream.

Latest posts

Back