Where is god?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it's virtually pointless. I can guarantee you that NO ONE read that, even though a lot of us cleeeearly have enough free time to.
All religions can be argued as positive or negative things. Islam admittedly has a bad reputation. That kind of happens when people fly planes into tall buildings whilst allegedly praising their God and claiming it was in his name. A lot of people fail to see that it promotes peace and good will as much as Christianity does. People will take whatever they want from whatever archaic text they're reading. There is so much ambiguity, not only in the text itself; but who actually wrote it, when, and under what circumstances.
HUMAN BEINGS wrote this honeysuckle. Self interested human beings with questionable intent. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have the answers, to genuinely believe they do.

Bella said:
Because it's virtually pointless. I can guarantee you that NO ONE read that, even though a lot of us cleeeearly have enough free time to.
All religions can be argued as positive or negative things. Islam admittedly has a bad reputation. That kind of happens when people fly planes into tall buildings whilst allegedly praising their God and claiming it was in his name. A lot of people fail to see that it promotes peace and good will as much as Christianity does. People will take whatever they want from whatever archaic text they're reading. There is so much ambiguity, not only in the text itself; but who actually wrote it, when, and under what circumstances.
HUMAN BEINGS wrote this honeysuckle. Self interested human beings with questionable intent. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have the answers, to genuinely believe they do.

make time and read the quotes to see they WERE praising their god. you cant not read it and think you can say something wrong to me.
cant anyone see my point or is everyone that stupid

punisher said:
make time and read the quotes to see they WERE praising their god. you cant not read it and think you can say something wrong to me.
cant anyone see my point or is everyone that stupid
...THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I SAID.
You're making it impossible for me to have fun with this.

I don't even have a GIF illustrating my current state of simultaneous confusion and disappointment.

Skorian said:
punisher said:
I did'nt notice you said i made it up, but i noticed you chat honeysuckle.
Have a look at this you idiot.
With as much as people want to justify their hate. I don't own a Qoran(sp). Without a way to verify any of this, there is no way I can count it as credible. I have talked to Muslims and they do not preach violence any more then Christianity.

I know there is some violence in their book, but there is also the reverse. Just like the bible. There really isn't much difference. I could pull up 100's of violent paragraphs from the bible as well. I was just looking at them a few hours ago.

You’re using a double standard to justify your prejudice.

Papabear said:
I'm agnostic but i'm pretty sure if the christian god exists i'm gonna tell him to go fresia himself at my judgement.

Amen to that.

Im pretty sure if a christian god exists you two will be the ones getting messed at your judgement.
Hope you guys enjoy :p

I have renounced heave and hell. God and Satan, anyways. I declared war ages ago. If I die and there is an afterlife. My eternal soul shall be bound in removing those evil beings God and satan who torment lesser beings. I really don't care what happens to me. I am not that selfish.

Look at all the fighting around the world and terrorism, im pretty sure its not christians doing it.

No, we are doing it in different ways. We kill innocents, demonize them, justify it, and blame them for why we killed them. That makes it better? You claim to be better then Muslims, then turn around and preach anger and hate. I would also say that Muslims would also claim those who commit terror acts are not Muslim.

Im a christian i dont preach violence but people post crap from the old testament about violence. whats wrong if i post a few quotes from the quran. you hate christians so whats wrong if i hate muslims. you can say this and that but i cant, why single me out.

I dislike both. Your attitude is a prime example of why. It's really ridiculous for someone to act the same as those they put down and not expect to be called on it. For all practical purposes, you are Muslim.

Im pretty sure if a christian god exists you two will be the ones getting messed at your judgement.
Hope you guys enjoy

Here you preach fear. Shame shame.

Look at all the fighting around the world and terrorism, im pretty sure its not christians doing it.

Wrong. One thing is our news comes from mostly Christian sources. So they can label things whatever they like. This does not change reality from what really goes on. True Muslims aren't terrorist either. The thing is when Christians commit crimes you disown them. However, when others do it you ignore the fact that you do the same. You may see things from the outside looking in on others, but that doesn't change anything. So weather your on the inside looking out on those who believe as you do. Or on the outside looking in. You need to validate things by the same rules. You also need to find a news source that does a better job at not biasing its information.

Im a christian i dont preach violence but people post crap from the old testament about violence. whats wrong if i post a few quotes from the quran. you hate christians so whats wrong if i hate muslims. you can say this and that but i cant, why single me out.

You just preached violence and hate. Now take the penance for your actions. You can believe whatever you wish, but it will be wrong. So don't expect to get away with it.

Skorian said:
Hope you guys enjoy

Here you preach fear. Shame shame.

Wrong. One thing is our news comes from mostly Christian sources. So they can label things whatever they like. This does not change reality from what really goes on. True Muslims aren't terrorist either. The thing is when Christians commit crimes you disown them. However, when others do it you ignore the fact that you do the same. You may see things from the outside looking in on others, but that doesn't change anything. So weather your on the inside looking out on those who believe as you do. Or on the outside looking in. You need to validate things by the same rules. You also need to find a news source that does a better job at not biasing its information.

You just preached violence and hate. Now take the penance for your actions. You can believe whatever you wish, but it will be wrong. So don't expect to get away with it.

you two getting messed is'nt preaching violence, it's called sex.
i said im a christian but i did'nt say im a good one, so it's ok.
i believe in killing your enemy before they kill you, if i go to hell then bring it on.
i know im not going to heaven so what the hell :D

Wow, this is definately a heated subject. Whether someone is christian or muslim or whatever "religion" is irrelavent. The bottom line in my opinion, is not in titles (christian, muslim, jewish) or texts but, rather actions. No matter what religion one claims to be, the proof of who you are is in how you live.

I think we enter dangerous ground when we judge someone based on thier religion instead of thier actions. And people themselves live dangerous lives when they let others think for them or blindly follow religious leaders.

"Where is god?" "Is there a god?" Does it matter? Are we so far removed from responsibility that we choose to blame the devil or god for whatever is wrong in the world or in our lives? Do we really need to have the fear of hellfire to do what is kind and compassionate?

Maybe god is waiting for us to get off our collective asses and start taking a little responsibility for OUR world and our lives. For example, world hunger. Mother Teresa once said," When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed." The problems we have are not due to some unseen force shunning his/her responsibility, it is with humanity. We can't believe that god could let little children in other countries die of starvation but, here we as a collective whole turn our heads at something we could change. We curse god for allowing this and yet we excuse ourselves. Why is that?

We blame god because we have "lousey" lives and yet so many of us won't take the first step to change it. "Why do you allow this to happen god? Why won't you do something about it?" What do we expect? A burning bush screaming out,"Yep Boss. Right away."
God's probabley wondering the same thing about us. What will it take for humanity to realize it's potential? We have to work with what we have. We have the power within ourselves to change things. It may mean getting up early and working harder to get your goals, it may mean getting councelling to learn life skills to help make friends and life long connections, it may mean stopping behaviors that don't serve us, and it will surely mean going beyond our comfort zones and what we are used to.

That was great, Naleena.
OK, it looks like this thread is going in the same direction the other one did.

Naleena said:
Wow, this is definately a heated subject. Whether someone is christian or muslim or whatever "religion" is irrelavent. The bottom line in my opinion, is not in titles (christian, muslim, jewish) or texts but, rather actions. No matter what religion one claims to be, the proof of who you are is in how you live.

I totally agree and disagree at the same time. People's beliefs do affect who they are. But that is a choice people make. Sadly they often don't see that choice.

I think we enter dangerous ground when we judge someone based on thier religion instead of thier actions. And people themselves live dangerous lives when they let others think for them or blindly follow religious leaders.

Yes, when we judge based upon a label or title we lose the ability to see them simply as human.

"Where is god?" "Is there a god?" Does it matter? Are we so far removed from responsibility that we choose to blame the devil or god for whatever is wrong in the world or in our lives? Do we really need to have the fear of hellfire to do what is kind and compassionate?

The reality is that people will blame God and Satan and they won't be wrong in doing so. If a God really does exist then he already knows if we will succeed or fail. And who and what we are is a reflection of how he made us. So we would have to have been made to blame him for our problems, rather then ourselves. We all want to believe we really have choices. But the truth is if there is an all-knowing God then we really don't have the choices that we want to think we do. I totally agree with what your saying.

It seems as if at least some people some of the time have the capacity to get beyond this. However, for example someone I know likes to say, "Let go and let God". Believing that God does everything anyways, so just don't bother trying and let God answer everything.

If there really was a God. Why would he care if we knew about him or not? Wouldn't he rather sit back and let us handle everything ourselves? Or offer us more direct guidance? One or the other?

If there is a God then by his own words he will not meddle in our affairs. Meaning all prayers go unanswered, because that quite simply is meddling. You can't have both.

Maybe god is waiting for us to get off our collective asses and start taking a little responsibility for OUR world and our lives. For example, world hunger. Mother Teresa once said," When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed." The problems we have are not due to some unseen force shunning his/her responsibility, it is with humanity. We can't believe that god could let little children in other countries die of starvation but, here we as a collective whole turn our heads at something we could change. We curse god for allowing this and yet we excuse ourselves. Why is that?

Very true indeed.

We blame god because we have "lousey" lives and yet so many of us won't take the first step to change it. "Why do you allow this to happen god? Why won't you do something about it?" What do we expect? A burning bush screaming out,"Yep Boss. Right away."
God's probabley wondering the same thing about us. What will it take for humanity to realize it's potential? We have to work with what we have. We have the power within ourselves to change things. It may mean getting up early and working harder to get your goals, it may mean getting councelling to learn life skills to help make friends and life long connections, it may mean stopping behaviors that don't serve us, and it will surely mean going beyond our comfort zones and what we are used to.

I think when I initially read this I had more points, but forgot several :( Oh well.

EveWasFramed said:
That was great, Naleena.

Believing in "God" (however that is defined) or not, is a personal choice. Religion is a personal choice. These things do more to seperate us than it does to unite us when it is laced with dogma and judgement. It's so sad that people are so intolerant of each other.

Naleena said:
EveWasFramed said:
That was great, Naleena.

Believing in "God" (however that is defined) or not, is a personal choice. Religion is a personal choice. These things do more to seperate us than it does to unite us when it is laced with dogma and judgement. It's so sad that people are so intolerant of each other.

A-freakin'-men Naleena. -.-;

I think maybe He really does interfere in lives. Or at least directs other "entities" to. That's why all the things I work for fall apart. And I'm not talking about things I haven't put any effort into. All the things I've worked for and fought for and sacrificed for.

It's why I'm still alive. He doesn't want me getting out of it. I'm supposed to live like this.

Someone suggested I clean house.
So I went home and started cleaning.
My house was a fucken wrack.
First i just looked at the fucken mess...lmao
Next I moved the mess from one conner to the other.
Then i relized...i was just moving honeysuckle around....mmm just like the honeysuckle the gose in my mind.:p
Then i had a light buld moment...perhapse I should throw crap I don't need away.
Maybe there would less stuff in my house and it would be more manageable and easier to clean...duh
Errrr...I looked at the crap I didn't need for fucken days...lol
For some fucken reason..I couldn't let go of stuff...even material things.

After debeting with myself for a week...I finally sat down and went though
my stuff...I started sorting out what I needed and what I wanted and what I can let go.
What was good for me and what was extra crap I deem i just had to have in my life.
I didn't throw everything away...but at least my stuff was more orginized.

I had a couple of trash cans full of trash that I could let go of...but the freaken trash man didn't
come until freaken Tuesday...:p
Anyway, I took the trash cans to the crub to be pick up my the trashman. I did my part.
I don't know who the hell the trash man is...I never had a deep conversation with him or knew him.
What i do know is...the fucken trashman comes and pick up the trash...If I wanted trash out
of my life...I had to do my part . I needed to clean the trash out of my house and leave it on the crub.
That relationship I had with the trashman works just fine for me...it removed the trash out of my life..
I don't know what hell the trashman did with my fucken trash...lol I didn't need to know.
Heck most of the time...I don't even see the trash man picking up the trash.
I just notice the trash cans being emptied.

mmmmm...The relationship i have with my god works in the same way.
I clean house...my mental, emotional and spirit.
I let go of crap I don't need...and yeap some stuff i hold on longer than others.
Errr...I don't even know what the hell God's schdule is...where the hell god go to or do.
I just do my part...I sort out myself. Let go of crap I don't need and turn it over.

God is love. When you find love and surround yourself with it, then you find God. He is absolutely there for us all and He's not too busy, and we're not too insignificant for His time. For time to Him is nothing.............

waxingpoetic75 said:
God is love. When you find love and surround yourself with it, then you find God. He is absolutely there for us all and He's not too busy, and we're not too insignificant for His time. For time to Him is nothing.............

If God is Love, then God must also be Hatred.

God is cancer. God is famine. God is AIDS.

God is the just and the unjust war; God is poverty, destitution, the image of the eleven-year-old prostitute eating scraps off a muddy curb in Singapore; God is the intolerant, the racist, the bigoted, the spiteful, the immature, the maniacal, the murderous; God is the mountain before you and the pebble in your shoe; the decapitation and the papercut. If god is all, then God must be the infinitely more numerous little bad things there are in this world than good things.

I'm not arguing against the idea of a god from the victim position of "there's just too much evil in the world." Regardless of which aspect overtakes the other in majority, you can't just note the all the tweety birds, trees, and sunshine-happy-rainbow-kisses the world has to offer, call that "God," and then disregard every. other. aspect of reality.

It's juvenile. @.@

it's sad but when things are going well for most people, they're happy...once things start going bad...all of a sudden they blame God. They try to explain that God wanted it that way...but the way I answer that is...people have caused the hunger, the pain, the diseases, the crime and wars...their greed has done that cause God has given us enough food to feed the whole world but we can't share...he's given us the ability to love...but we're too greedy and will kill for land and money. He didn't make countries and borders...we did that. He's given us kids commanding us to love them...but money, lust, and mental sickness has caused men to exploit them. I could go on with the cause and effect that we are responsible for...

So why do we blame him for everything bad when it's us that is the problem?

WHY said:
it's sad but when things are going well for most people, they're happy...once things start going bad...all of a sudden they blame God. They try to explain that God wanted it that way...but the way I answer that is...people have caused the hunger, the pain, the diseases, the crime and wars...their greed has done that cause God has given us enough food to feed the whole world but we can't share...he's given us the ability to love...but we're too greedy and will kill for land and money. He didn't make countries and borders...we did that. He's given us kids commanding us to love them...but money, lust, and mental sickness has caused men to exploit them. I could go on with the cause and effect that we are responsible for...

So why do we blame him for everything bad when it's us that is the problem?

If you're talking to me, you might want to re-read my post. I say nothing like what you're talking about.

The point I'm making is exactly the point you are making, except turned around. When something goes bad, people blame it on humanity, sin, the devil, individuals, the decaying moral fabric of society, what have you. When things go well, people attribute it to a god or gods.

The same goes both ways.

I think what could be said is that we are to blame, but God is more to blame. I mean if he exists, then he made us to be this way. Then refuses to fix the problem. I guess we are supposed to learn something from his mistakes.

And the whole satan argument is a joke when you look at who "made" satan.

Taking the blame ourselfs if we were "created" by an all knowing being is about like a bike maker putting something sharp that lashes out at those around the bike. And then blaming the bike for it injuring people. It is a design flaw. The designer is more at fault then the bike or the rider.

Skorian said:
I think what could be said is that we are to blame, but God is more to blame. I mean if he exists, then he made us to be this way. Then refuses to fix the problem. I guess we are supposed to learn something from his mistakes.

And the whole satan argument is a joke when you look at who "made" satan.

Taking the blame ourselfs if we were "created" by an all knowing being is about like a bike maker putting something sharp that lashes out at those around the bike. And then blaming the bike for it injuring people. It is a design flaw. The designer is more at fault then the bike or the rider.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Latest posts

Back