Whis is better?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you rather

• ...get no reply

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • ...get a "not interested because you're unattractive" reply

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
msbxa said:
Those are both things that are hard to take. But given the choice between the two, even though it may hurt at the time, I'd rather hear the reason than no reason at all.

If there is no reply at all, I feel like its actually a more negative thing.
It tells me that I am so bad that I'm not even worth a few seconds of time to even acknowledge. Not only that. When there is nothing I feel left stranded, wondering if it was something I said, some conflict of interests, the way I look, that I didn't smile, if I'm not successful enough or confident, ect. It drives me mad, and actually hurts me in the long run more. As a result I'm left with confusion, bitterness, hatred, among other things.

If you are told the reason it don't have be put in a harsh way. But even if it is, at least you will know the reason, you get closure, and know where you stand.
If its your looks then you can try to improve. And yes you can improve your looks somewhat.

Exactly. I am not a guy who likes to be kept in the dark as to why I was rejected. When it comes to dating sites in particular, I get more no replies than anything else and it gets me even more annoyed. I would at least like to know what I did wrong so that I can learn from mistakes. If you give me no reply, you give me nothing to work with.

Then again, just saying, "I am not interested in dating right now" or something along those lines isn't very constructive anyway. It's pretty frustrating to continuously get rejected and wonder when I will finally break threw and find someone.

I'd probably prefer to know because otherwise I think that my imagination would run wild wild and make things worse. You may feel hurt for a little bit but then you'd just move on. They should leave out the unattractive comment though. (Imagine what that could do to an individual)

Why does the not interested have to be because you're unattractive? Couldn't it be because there are no common interests?

Well, for one thing, it's totally rude and inappropriate to tell someone that you're not interested in them because you think they're ugly/unattractive. If someone tells you that, you're way better off without them in the first place.

I prefer silence as long as people accept it for what it is: A sign that I'm not interested. On the other hand, if they don't get the message, I would politely tell them no thank you, I'm not interested. I suppose it depends more on the other person, and how they perceive your message.

I'd rather know. It wouldn't bother me if someone weren't attracted to me, but being ignored does bug me.

Dating sites don't give an accurate representation of a person, anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. It's like being rejected by an android.

The general consensus here seems to be:

Guys would rather the 'you're unattractive' reply

Women would rather not have their ego beaten up and get no reply

Personally Id rather not be told I'm ugly because I'm already insecure in the looks department (and most other departments for that matter haha)

At the same time, someone who passes another off after just looking at a picture is probably not worth it anyway. AND is probably unlikely to find themselves in a decent relationship because they are a total shallow ass.... LOL

Revived thread but OK.

I'd rather get a response back since at least then you'll know where you stand, but if I got the "not interested because you're unattractive" response then I wouldn't worry since they probably wasn't my "type" anyway.

I'd rather know, whatever the reason.

Hmm, where is LIA anyway.. haven't seen him around much. :(

Latest posts

Back