Who else is loving GTA V?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9006 said:
The first time I decided to kill all those Pigeons in GTA4 just as a chilled out activity. What is it with this stupid game? I shoot one and I either get stupid random pricks pulling up and shooting at me with shotguns for no reason or police start chasing me and I spend 5 minutes and covering 50 miles getting them off my back. I can't use Carmen as I cba taking the ***** out every 5 minutes.

Rant over.

The cops in this one... GTA IV was extremely easy to escape cops. Even I think so. But this game... It's more involved. Finding an actual place to hide and whatnot. Easiest is to just find some empty land and hope their cone of view doesn't look your way. Allies and behind buildings are also good hiding places.

I need to stop reading the fun stuff on this thread. I asked my brother if I can have the game before Christmas, and he said no :p

I think the cops show up a little less frequently in than in GTA IV. In IV it was like there was one around every corner and you would often be in a perpetual state of "on the run" because escaping that bubble was difficult. In V I think it's a little less ridiculous than in IV, though in V they really do like to ram you. Unless you have a fast enough car that is. If you don't have a fast enough car, it's sort of like GTA IV when trying to lose the cops.

edgecrusher said:
I think the cops show up a little less frequently in than in GTA IV. In IV it was like there was one around every corner and you would often be in a perpetual state of "on the run" because escaping that bubble was difficult. In V I think it's a little less ridiculous than in IV, though in V they really do like to ram you. Unless you have a fast enough car that is. If you don't have a fast enough car, it's sort of like GTA IV when trying to lose the cops.

Yeah exactly, once you have even one star it can be a pain to get away as they're constantly appearing on the map as you go, especially when you're in the city areas.

holy crap i was out of cash and was doing loads of taxi jobs and i see one of those 'event happening 'red dot things and it was a guy getting his bike stolen so i beat the thief up (im playing this mostly 'good guy' where i can)got the guys bicycle back to him, a few hours later he emails me and apparently he was the OWNER of animalarc and theyre on the lcn stock market and as a thank you he gave me $100,000 of shares in animal ark!

seriously people when you see those little red dot events going on they can be some hobos scuffling or you've just saved a billionaires bicycle! do em seriously, im at the point where im getting squat from missions...literaly no money, somone advised me to leave the lester missions for later on then i can put all my money in the company lester says while i assasinate their rival's ceo but you leave it to the end so you've saved up enough cash worth investing, but man i just got a guys bike back off a thief as a casual do gooder and got 100,000 in animalarc shares...im gonna google to see if theirs tips about this guy, whether i should sell now or hod onto them but yeah this guy saved up a good bit of money and used the lester missions to make 1.5billion

animalark sorry

btw sell them fast within half a minute they had lost £6,000 sell them on the spot

I am not really an avid gamer lol but ever since my brother got this game.. I've been hooked on it.. and earlier on I played until I felt sick and nauseous lol.

For some reason, when I do those good deeds saving people's asses, like what sim's talking about above, I don't really get much reward. Lol. Maybe it's just me.

ladyforsaken said:
I am not really an avid gamer lol but ever since my brother got this game.. I've been hooked on it.. and earlier on I played until I felt sick and nauseous lol.

For some reason, when I do those good deeds saving people's asses, like what sim's talking about above, I don't really get much reward. Lol. Maybe it's just me.

Probably cause it's not the aim of the game, it's possible but you get more rewards for punching someone's face in, or stealing some awesome car to then destroy it while unleashing devastation to society.

9006 said:
ladyforsaken said:

Probably cause it's not the aim of the game, it's possible but you get more rewards for punching someone's face in, or stealing some awesome car to then destroy it while unleashing devastation to society.

That's what I ended up doing anyway.

edgecrusher said:

They are less seen. I commented the yesterday on how in GTA V, the cops don't really drive around much, even in the city. They're extremely rare in the country. You don't even really see them walking about. However, getting rid of the wanted stars... You can literally hide behind a building and escape it, as long as they don't spot you. In the earlier games, they just automatically knew where you were. It just seems like in V, it takes me forever to actually loose those **** stars. They just keep blinking and blinking, but I think it's like a minute and a half time period or something.

top tip for escaping cops i had 4 stars and ive done this alot follow the train tracks until youre deep in a tuunel, beware if a train is coming on your track though but yeah the police NEVER go in to the railway tunnels, ever, i found that out doing the jewelry store heist , the first one with lest, also saw it on a tips guide n jusr remembered that after driving for half an hour several times in that mission.

man when you get trevor GTA really starts the missions are just insane, like gta is supposed to be, crazy sniper rifling on plane wings, all sorts. gotta love trevor, hes the anti michael, michael screwed him over with all the prologues robbery takings and laundered it n is apparently only has £$2000, i think seing as michael pays off the fbi $5000 a month tthat he should be able to use the atms to actually get someo money, im playin a millionare going round mugging people for cash :p its frank that got the 100 thousand

michael got the life he was supposed to share with tevor so hes literally the anti michal, insane meth head in a caravan but hes so crazzy the mission are awesome

yeah the guy with 100,000 is a FIXED event you just have to find it , google around some website will say, youtube had thousands of video walkthough for each tiny easter egg and trick for getting unlimited cash with a sunken underwater plane etc but soon as you see the guy stealing the bike hes so fast you gotta run him over then give the bike back, soon as you get the shares sell them they plummet fast

woulja believe i was spending hours taxi driving till i ran that bike theif over

simhthmss said:
yeah the guy with 100,000 is a FIXED event you just have to find it , google around some website will say, youtube had thousands of video walkthough for each tiny easter egg and trick for getting unlimited cash with a sunken underwater plane etc but soon as you see the guy stealing the bike hes so fast you gotta run him over then give the bike back, soon as you get the shares sell them they plummet fast

The thing with the random events in the game is, they're repeated. For example, there are ladies all over the map where a thief takes their purse. You chase the guy, get the purse, take it back to the lady. I've done this about three times now, two of which in the same exact spot, with different characters. Same with the bike, so there's a possibility that you'll get the 100 grand worth of stocks more than once. I haven't had that particular random event yet, but I have gotten a bike or two back. Never got stocks though. The first time I got a bike back, dude just said thank you and left.

ladyforsaken said:

hooked despite my misgivings about this GTA (Trevor..), and playing past 12:00 on work nights.

----slight spoilers?, but v early on stuff------

well you don't get cash come up on your carried cash balance, check your stock portfolio on lcn if you ever helped a guy it may be there some have commented they had no idea they had them as they did it ages ago n forgot but this one isn't random in the true sense of the word, I've seen many people who helped a guy, carried on, didn't see the text n had a load of shares, or did see them found sum1 a guide of exactly where to go for this event and everyone on the forum all got 100,000k in lcn animalarc shares! theres a YouTube channel called 'joblessgamers' and he has a daily Easter egg tip for a money making scam

also this guy that gives you 100,000k in shares does it hours later it says in all the tips and guides that this guy is a fixed treat but yeah for example search 'bicycleman animalarc shares' in youtube or a search engine such as the non spying startpage.com n you will find a guide for every hidden money, Easter eggs, etc including exactly where this share thing goes on, when you turn up it triggers the thief run him over u wont get him on foot, also choose the right player: you want al 3 to be rich so you can do Lester's missions way later and use his hot stock market tips (you're assassinating companies so find a guide on which competitor companies to invest in beforehand also ironically the company's CEO's death causes a freak severe low for that company so invest in the company you just screwed over too as their prices will rebound theres good guides on you tube/om websites to use those assassinations to get 1.5 billion per player, not a cheat just....insider trading, congress do it all day! lol there is an art to getting this right theres a 5 part YouTube guide, its all about timing, i dont use guides but i am on this! very tricky stock timing, then u can have fun buying everything :)

I collected all the "space ship" parts for that hippie guy. Not as cool as I was hoping, but it was funny.

Been lucky to get on the online fine as well, had to wait 10-15 mins for that first race on day 1, but been fine since. Rank 11 with 60k in the bank and little garage so far.

If anyone is in a decent crew that practice teamwork please let me know as I will NOT just play in an open game filled with kid constantly killing me. I prefer co-op play, teamwork. (Xbox 360 btw - PM me if you want my gamertag to perhaps play online sometime)

Edward W said:
If anyone is in a decent crew that practice teamwork please let me know as I will NOT just play in an open game filled with kid constantly killing me. I prefer co-op play, teamwork. (Xbox 360 btw - PM me if you want my gamertag to perhaps play online sometime)

This sounds like some serious business :p

I finished the game 100% a few days ago and I'm currently level 28 online. It was a hugely enjoyable single player, but I preferred the online on GTA IV to be honest. I miss Cops & Crooks.

simhthmss said:
**** you guys have been playing like demons!

I know right. I only started playing Trevor just a bit ago. I think I'm even slower than you, sim.

welll ive been playing trevor a good while, its just im doing loads of stuff to save up money to invest on lesters assasination missions you can get loaded on them if u use lcn right

Latest posts

Back