Who here plays guitar?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qui

Reaction score
I do! I'm a n00b but I play at least an hour or two every day.

ok... what kind of guitar do you have?

i've got a Cort G260 solid body electric
and a really beat up old yamaha G-55 nylon string acoustic.

I play, occasionaly. Just for fun. Mostly acoustic

I have an Gibson Les Paul Studio and a Simon & Patrick acoustic

i play bass for about 6 years now, pretty good at it. i have a warwick bass, cleanass sound. i try to write songs and record, adding keyboard and bass and honeysuckle. then i decided to also start guitar beginning of 2008. after couple months i bought a 7 string electric guitar, which fit my playing style perfectly. schector hellraiser \m/ YARRRG it actually has super clean sound and sounds awesome clean. but right now im trying to get a classical guitar and start playing classical stuff.

What kind of amp do y'all have? I have a 65 DLX crate bass amp, Line 6 2x12 spider3 120. amp is pretty important. i need a tube amp tho. using tube pedals dont cut it. lots of cheap high quality instruments on craigslist.

And I need a white fender stratocaster! and i WISH I HAD A LESPAUL, you *******. we should cyber jam sometime.

i am learning how to play, i am not very good

i have a nylon string valencia guitar and a yamaha pacifica electric

I play too. I love it. Only for about 6 months now though, so I'm no good. But I still love it.

I have an acoustic. A [edit] budget-minded Jasmine S34C which sounds good despite it's price. [/edit]

lol i don't really play the guitar so much as i attempt to play the guitar

but i can strum out a few chords or play some power chords makes me feel good

i've got a fender squire

:)

with a glow in the dark skull sticker on it

it's awesome

:p

Interesting thread,

I'm learning as well, I've had a Yamaha f310 acoustic for about a year now. Can't play much of anything, just parts of songs, chords and stuff :p. I'm thinking of getting an electric, probably a Godin Velocity or Freeway.

It's a good time waster when you're feeling bored or down, and a way for socializing if you're not much good at small talk, which i'm really terrible at. I'm not at the point where I'm comfortable playing for other people though, but I'm working on it :)

I play, just self taught, so i'm not the greatest but i can make a choon once in a while :)

Luisa said:
I play, just self taught, so i'm not the greatest but i can make a choon once in a while :)

Me too, I haven't yet had any real lessons either, just trying to get the basics on my own for now and to the point where I can play a few simple songs.

I have found a really useful website (free.. aside from the extra dvds and stuff he sells) that might be of use to others that are learning, http://justinguitar.com/ .. he has some interesting lessons with youtube vids, and it got me interested in learning scales .. which actually helped me a lot with stretching my fingers (that initial "oh god this is impossible" feeling you get heh). I was also just looking at jamplay.com (linked off a banner on justinguitar) but I haven't tried that one.. it's a pay site, but the demos looked interesting.

Other than that, I've tried a few books, but I find most of them are just full of filler material on the basic stuff. I got Fretboard Logic off amazon a while ago, but i'm not that far into it yet to say if I like it.

We should have an ALL band :D

Bullshiiit. my psp froze like mid-post.

i dont wanna retype everything soo.. bass, 11 years. guitar, 9. trained in jazz, funk, blues, and classical. self taught in other styles, like punk and metal.
favorites of my many instruments:
basses- ibanez artcore agb200, ampeg DA plexiglass (like JP's in my avy, but with a pickguard)

geetars: ltd mh250, maton ms503..and my brother's ibanez v series, i got when he passed..

i got a tons of stuff, if anyone likes talking about stuff like this. i dooo

Vacuo said:
Bullshiiit. my psp froze like mid-post.

i dont wanna retype everything soo.. bass, 11 years. guitar, 9. trained in jazz, funk, blues, and classical. self taught in other styles, like punk and metal.
favorites of my many instruments:
basses- ibanez artcore agb200, ampeg DA plexiglass (like JP's in my avy, but with a pickguard)

geetars: ltd mh250, maton ms503..and my brother's ibanez v series, i got when he passed..

i got a tons of stuff, if anyone likes talking about stuff like this. i dooo

Oh wow, ummm... do you play the banjo :D

yupp. got a cheap washburn, but i don't need a really good one. i saw a banjo bass once, sooo sick. it had this like warped, dark tone. i would never buy one, like an acoustic bass. you don't really need one, haha.

Latest posts

Back