Why are women so terrifying?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdor said:
you could lose your job if a customer turns you down then goes and complains.

obviously you have to be very careful.
My old boss used to shag women in his office so it would have been a bit ironic if I lost my job asking for a woman's number.

I've never done it or even come close to doing it. Even though I have seen women workers ask for numbers from men.

rdor said:
you could lose your job if a customer turns you down then goes and complains.

Maybe you could say something positive, once in a while?

For example I know a guy, my friend in real life actually, who met a woman at his job--she works at the front desk. One day this woman says to him "I find you very attractive" and they've been together ever since that day, we're talking 4 months now.

In this case, "office politics" and the awkwardness of being intimate with someone at work.. did not stop anything from proceeding, and my friend is having the time of his life. This is also my friend's first relationship, and he's 32 and doesn't fit the classic mold of looks, money, status, etc etc.

When it ends, yes, things will be weird at work for a while, but so what? You deal with it.

Offering a warning with another's interests in mind is positive

At least he'd know a female colleague, how they're likely to react. The same can't be said about any random person in the store. They're customers so he could be accused of damaging the business if it blows up in his face.

We are terrifying because we are evil. ... Eeeeeeevillllll...

Also, totally agreeing with rdor that you should be very careful about how you handle yourself at work. I wouldn't get involved with a co-worker or a customer. Then again, this is coming from somebody who has been struggling to find a job for a while. I'd never risk having a steady and reliable source of income, but maybe some of you don't really care.

nerdygirl said:
I'd never risk having a steady and reliable source of income, but maybe some of you don't really care.

I know quite a few folks who didn't mind meeting someone at work, and they haven't informed me of any serious consequences of it, at least not yet.

Ever heard "you only live once?"

It all boils down to the age old saying, " you dont sh*t were you eat". Time and time again I watch people come and go from having interoffice relationships and the drama is causes. I'll pass on that.

RockerChick said:
It all boils down to the age old saying, " you dont sh*t were you eat". Time and time again I watch people come and go from having interoffice relationships and the drama is causes. I'll pass on that.

Well the guy I know is 4 months into an interoffice relationship, and they're keeping it a secret. Still after all this time, nobody knows about it. To me, that proves she's trustworthy. So it will probably remain secret, even after it ends (and it will end because, well, that's a long story ;) ).

Sometimes you *can* mix the two different aspects of digestion together, and get away with it. To put it more politely than you did.

Batman55 said:
I know quite a few folks who didn't mind meeting someone at work, and they haven't informed me of any serious consequences of it, at least not yet.

Ever heard "you only live once?"

I've personally known people who did have serious consequences from doing that. They lost their jobs AND the relationships didn't last. I thought the point of, "You only live once" was that you're supposed to make the most of life, not that you shouldn't give a darn what happens to you.

Depends where you work... I've dated someone I worked with - and am still with him. Longest relationship by far. We both have the same belief: Work is for WORK and outside of work is the social/relationship life. I'm very strict on it. He also was working in a different department, so I caught glimpses of him now and then but didn't have to always be around him. Now he works elsewhere, because it is a better source of income.

I did date someone before from a previous place I worked... And he could not wrap his genius mind around WHY I leave work as WORK. So he ended up irritating me, if anything.

So there are two sides to it... One good, one bad. But, also realize if you work, hang out and even live with someone ALL THE TIME eventually you are desperate for a break. Both of you need space... Your own space! It puts a strain on the relationship to always be around each other (for most people anyways). If wanting to date someone who you work with, also keep in mind if it does not work out.

And I can tell you, that "genius mind" I dated, didn't think it was at all awkward. I broke it off with him, not the other way around. I did not find it awkward either, though found it amusing that he had a burning desire to "make me jealous" (didn't work... But... Whatever.)

Senamian said:
Depends where you work... I've dated someone I worked with - and am still with him. Longest relationship by far. We both have the same belief: Work is for WORK and outside of work is the social/relationship life. I'm very strict on it. He also was working in a different department, so I caught glimpses of him now and then but didn't have to always be around him. Now he works elsewhere, because it is a better source of income.

I did date someone before from a previous place I worked... And he could not wrap his genius mind around WHY I leave work as WORK. So he ended up irritating me, if anything.

So there are two sides to it... One good, one bad. But, also realize if you work, hang out and even live with someone ALL THE TIME eventually you are desperate for a break. Both of you need space... Your own space! It puts a strain on the relationship to always be around each other (for most people anyways). If wanting to date someone who you work with, also keep in mind if it does not work out.

And I can tell you, that "genius mind" I dated, didn't think it was at all awkward. I broke it off with him, not the other way around. I did not find it awkward either, though found it amusing that he had a burning desire to "make me jealous" (didn't work... But... Whatever.)

This is more along the lines of what I'm saying. There's two sides to it, a good side, and a bad side :D

Here's the rub: I don't go to bars or clubs, I'm not in any cooking classes, and I don't go out that much in general. If I automatically wrote off the possibility of meeting someone at work, then I don't think there's many options left, after that. Of course it could end in disaster, but if a decent opportunity comes along, well let's say I'm sick of inaction, it hasn't gotten me anywhere.
:club:

Senamien is right about it depending on the workplace culture. Management will see the potential for disruption, but it's hard to see why anyone needs to get fired, assuming they could fire someone where there's no conflict of interest.

Chatting up random customers though... no.

EveWasFramed said:
This is a sexist joke, so no one beat me, but I read somewhere that the reason women are so terrifying is because we can bleed for 7 days straight and not DIE. LOL

OK, that was bad. :p Someone feel free to flog me now.

I thought it was funny as hell, myself. And as for flogging you: Not unless you enjoy it.

rdor said:
Senamien is right about it depending on the workplace culture. Management will see the potential for disruption, but it's hard to see why anyone needs to get fired, assuming they could fire someone where there's no conflict of interest.

Chatting up random customers though... no.

it's part of my job to chat up the customers. They encourage you to do it.

MTrip said:
EveWasFramed said:
This is a sexist joke, so no one beat me, but I read somewhere that the reason women are so terrifying is because we can bleed for 7 days straight and not DIE. LOL

OK, that was bad. :p Someone feel free to flog me now.

I thought it was funny as hell, myself. And as for flogging you: Not unless you enjoy it.

Well.....err...I ahh...that is...umm......

:shy: lmao

I don't think I'm all that terrifying, if anything I think I confuse people more than anything. My intentions are never bad though, my moods just change so quickly that I end up confusing people. That and I can never seem to make up my mind sometimes. I'm a pain in the butt; I know it.

WallFlower my moods can change drastically too. Personally, I hate myself for it and am working extremely hard not to make people feel uncomfortable/afraid/angry/upset etc. I'm not scary, just impatient at times (and that impatience starts after aaaaall my patience has been used up!)

Women have lots of distracting bumps and curves, it makes it very hard to concentrate sometimes you know for us weak males... :p

Latest posts

Back