WHY ARE YOU HERE??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
I have been thinking about loneliness alot lately and I did join this forum because I am lonely, but there are reasons for my loneliness, something I try not to talk about much, a mental illness. I was just wondering why everyone else is here and for what real reason, thats all.

i don't know why but, I don't make a whole lot of friends and when i do, wheither it's them or if it's me, but i they always drift away.

I've never really thought i was all that different from anyone else, besides maybe differnt tastes in tv or music. But i don't connect with a whole lot of people and the people i do connect with aren't really interested in being friends, or they aren't as loyal as i hope they would be.

overall i think I must be very emotinally needy, and not a whole lot of people are interested in being the emotional mother of an insane person.

**** my previous emotinal mother stopped talking to me without even having the decency to return my memory card first! ARGGG!!

oh well i still have one of her T shirts that i intented to give beck to her, but i can't seem to find. *sigh* oh well

do you think see broke into the house and took it back?

...and now I'm skitzifrenic(idk how it's spelled) ....great

I am pretty lonely to. I have depression, anxiety, and have panic attacks once in a while when I eat the wrong stuff or am overly worn out.

Over the years I have come to realize that all are extreamly common, though the degree to which people have these varies alot.

Maybe I didn't explain my post properly, my fault. Do you think that because of your illness, phobia, condition or whatever, society has made you a victim (social misfit), and driven you into loneliness and joining this forum?

Well society itself is misfit really. Only many people stubornly ignore this regardless of all the evidence to the contrary of what they want to believe.

There are many forums of a simular nature to this one. Only most of them are often more specific and don't have the exact theme. I choose to be here, though I did just kind of stumble here. I am hardly forced by society. Mostly society is so caught up in itself it doesn't even knowtice what individual people are doing. Considering the fact that there are enough people in the world that if you woke up and spent 10 mins each of your day meeting new people, you would never even get close to meeting everyone. Lonelyness really is a choice, even if it comes from what seems more like a lack of choice. I know it can be easy to blame others though. Is this more what your asking Blue Sky?

Im here because im in a very bad state in my school, i have no friend in my class now and the ones i had got stolen and are now hell bent on making me feel bad about myself (for no reason at all). ITll all be over soon though...

EDIT: Even the couple of friends that i do have only want to take advantage of me in someway or the other. Its like i cant have a normal conversation anymore without feeling left out . but u know what, im really tired of complaining. Ill be off to college soon and i hope to normal friends like every1 else does, not some ppl who wanna feed on me like some blood sucking vampires

My health has stopped me from working and as you know you loss contact from the friends you had at school bit by bit and I have not worked and don't like clubbing as it rips me out to much so I have not had many opportunities to meet as many ppl as I should have had.

BTW Happy birthday for yesterday Blue Sky

Really shy and afraid so its hard to meet people when you are so unsure. Really disgusted with a lot of things in life so im a reallya very negative person. So im pretty much alone except for my family. It's nice to have them but id really like my own.

I dont know lol... cause Im alone and I have depression, i guess. Sometimes i lock myself into my house and just dont go out or let anyone in. After some month, I go back to life... but its not easy. My friends dont know anything. I dont answer the phone and i ask my mom to say im traveling. I dont know why i do that cause im pretty "normal" if you look at me... idk... I just need to talk to someone, i guess.

i like this forum cause of ppl that are here.
friends...in nyc everyone is kinda busy. ppl come and go quickly,they literally disappear in crowds and get lost ..its crazy , occasional encounters...missed connections and all that. With girlfriends....i got tired of hearing their complaints about millions of men in their lives and same mistakes they make with them..stopped calling back or answering. My two favorite ones left for Israel long time ago. I have another friend that calls all the time trying to drag me by my hair into some church,dont answer her calls cause even though i tell her im tired she just goes on preaching about God and stuff forever. Idk ...it seems like right now i dont have anyone to have a long tight bond with or whatever.
i guess im just a loner.
I too sometimes can spend whole weekend w/o coming outside as long as i have food and internet.

"i got tired of hearing their complaints about millions of men in their lives and same mistakes they make with them.."
------------
I like to do that lol

Originally, I came here to vent, but now that my life is back on track, I try to share the lessons that I have learned and help others attain what they truly deserve as well.

Regards,
IO

Skorian said:
Well society itself is misfit really. Only many people stubornly ignore this regardless of all the evidence to the contrary of what they want to believe.

There are many forums of a simular nature to this one. Only most of them are often more specific and don't have the exact theme. I choose to be here, though I did just kind of stumble here. I am hardly forced by society. Mostly society is so caught up in itself it doesn't even knowtice what individual people are doing. Considering the fact that there are enough people in the world that if you woke up and spent 10 mins each of your day meeting new people, you would never even get close to meeting everyone. Lonelyness really is a choice, even if it comes from what seems more like a lack of choice. I know it can be easy to blame others though. Is this more what your asking Blue Sky?
I read your post many times and have kept changing my answer lol, but I think that alot of things in life are your own choice but sometimes that choice can be sort of forced upon you, I think if you knew my circumstance more you would understand, but I don't want to talk about my situation at the moment. Alot of it has to do with my illness.

I'm here to share my experience with any body that will listen, i always worried that the things that i go through would be unnoticed and forgotten when i'm gome. with this forum atleast a few strangers can know my story, also i would be interesting to meet anybody with a similar struggle as mine, or atleast someone who can relate.

Very good question..... But unfortanatly I really do not know the answer. I believe maybe the experience of sharing my lonilyness with others who might understand me and not judge the misery I am in for weakness. I maynot get the help i need or help anyone else even with a lot of effort but just the thought that we in this small community are here makes life a litttttttle bit better:)

There could be a combination of reasons.

I've considered that I could have some kind of mental disorder that could explain an affinity for my own misery. This place to me is a swimming pool for misery, and I jump right on in like the water's fine. I don't feel I'm solving mine or any one else's problems here. I feel like I am feeding my own misery with stories of misery.

I've also considered that I'm here for inspiration. I have an idea of what happiness would be for me, and that I am striving for it; fighting to rid myself of that potential disease described as an affinity for my own misery, and rise out of sorrow to the life I want for myself.

I've also considered that there's a twisted part of me that is entertained by the misery of others. I hope that's not the case, but I can't help but consider this a possibility when I am somehow attracted to these dark and depressing stories that people tell.

i joined this forum because i felt alone ..like i could not connect with anyone around me...

i was lucky because i did find the connection that i was looking 4 here..
i still have lots of issuses and still feel depressed though.. but i love the people here///..

i mean everyone is great but you'll are AMAZING! my culture is so different.. i've tried but i cant find anyone like the people i've met here where i live.

so i'm still here.. because i love the people that i meet here. they listen.. and arent quick to judge.. they dont want anything from me besides friendship, they tell me i'm not alone when i feel alone and they give me a kind of hope that i havent been able to find anywhere else.

Hi, jales! Nice to meet you. Im going to my bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams you all. =*

Latest posts

Back