WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because this is a surrogate community that I can belong to.

Feels like I've been missing the real thing since I was 14.

48 years ago.

This is a question I ask myself sometimes. I am not lonely in the traditional sense - thankfully, I have my family and friends. And when I think of all the stuff in life that I want to do, that I NEED to do whether I want to or not, I really don't have the kind of time I spend online. But when it comes to the place in my life where a relationship with a girl is supposed to go, then yeah, that's where I'm lonely. So I guess I'm here to try and figure out why that might be and what I can do about it. I'm here to untangle the knots in my mind from growing up as an outsider and how I'm still catching up, still changing. I'm here to ease my mind on the worries I have about the future. And I'm here because ALL gives me a place to say the things I feel the need to get off my chest. I don't think I can talk to my family about the things I say here, I feel it would just be weird and they might not understand. I can't talk about it on Facebook, because people would just think I'm a downer and besides, some of the people on there are the people that cause the feelings I post about here, those connections I wish I hadn't missed. I can talk to my friends about it, but only to an extent, because I don't want to be that guy that is always having problems with life. So I come here, to say the things I can't say anywhere else but don't want to keep inside.

And I'm here because I've gotten to know some of you, and grown fond of you. So there's that :)

I moved away from my family and friends for a job...bad things happened...realized I had no one.

Now I'm way better, for the most part, and I am just on here because I love the people.

I am here because even though I have a good life now, inside I am still very much alone. Here, I feel a common connection, here I have made some wonderful friends. You all understand what it is to feel alone.I can post willy nilly or post seriously and there is no judgement. ALL is a community, a family and I love being part of it. For in this place regardless of how I feel in my 53 years on this planet, I feel loved.. Bright Blessings to you all ^.^

I joined because I was lonely. Sometimes I feel it sometimes I don't. But I never feel lonely when I participate in the forum. Also like others have said there are some special people here, and believe knowing them has enriched my life (even if I am extraordinarily bad at sending pm's) you guys know who you are. Also the variety of topics discussed is great. Seeing how other people cope with problems, that sometimes you feel you are dealing with alone.

Jeez I need to shut up, getting all soppy now lol.

I'm on here cause I don't feel like telling many people about my problems. There's a few people that I trust out of my friends and I tell very few of them about what's bothering me, so whenever there's something that I need to say I'll write it on here. I'd also like to meet some friends on here who feel the same way that I do. My whole life I've always felt like an outsider in life and I never fit in High School, I was bullied by many people in HS and it made me not trust many people in my life. Overtime I've met people and it made me nervous to be around them cause I was always questioning if I would be laughed at or judged by them. It took me awhile to actually be myself around people. Now I have no problem with acting like myself around people and I accept it if a person doesn't like or didn't get along with me. There's times where I do feel lonely and than there's other times where I'm perfectly okay with my solitude. It usually depends on what's happening during the day.

A year and a half ago I'd say I wasn't in a good place and this place has really helped me. I met a lot of people off of here who has helped me, shown me support and I'm really grateful to that. =)

I'm here (recently) because I'm having trouble connecting to people and with society in general. That maybe other people went through the same and could have some insight and similar experiences as me. I live in a country that doesn't care too much about anything and less about negative things as loneliness, so most people are to self-centered to try to understand it. What I've learned is that everyone experiences loneliness in a different way; in different levels and even have different definitions of loneliness. This place is nice enough, I think, even if I don't agree with some of the opinions raised in regards to loneliness, I feel I can express myself among people who have "been there" and know what I feel.

Since last posting on this thread, I no longer feel lonely for recently becoming engaged. Except I have some wonderful friends here, and this gives me reason why I remain because I love them.

I am here because I don't really have anywhere else to be. One day I just type lonely forum and ended up here. I don't come here often or make posts often but be sure that I'm always online. Wasting my time watching pointless videos or just wasting my time with stupid stuff online. But I don't really have anyone to talk to so what better way to post my thoughts here.

I come here to make friends but hardy post in that time, as i never know what to say, don't have alot to talk about and wonder what people would thinking if i did.

ian81 said:
I come here to make friends but hardy post in that time, as i never know what to say, don't have alot to talk about and wonder what people would thinking if i did.

That's the worst kind of fear one faces, fear of misunderstanding, casting a wrong image. The best thing is let it come out of you than keeping inside.

Because I found myself lying in the spare room, holding a pillow, pretending it was someone hugging me. So much so I gave her a name and personality and started talking to her, even at work. My first post here was about my imaginary friend - which led to someone telling me to accept Jesus into my life (my ironyometer exploded at that point) which led to them getting banned from the forum! An eventful way to kick off a forum membership I thought :D

Three months on, I am much happier. I realised that my loneliness was the loveless prison of a relationship I found myself in, and I found the courage to leave. I am now living alone, not knowing what's happening with my future but MUCH happier, knowing I am free to find my own way in the world. Ironically I do not feel lonely anymore because I am free to develop friendships that I had to keep at arms length before. I have met somebody awesome on the chat here and we are good friends now, plus I've found the courage to learn more about myself, explore new looks and talk to strangers (none of which would have been acceptable to my partner who wanted me to be a typical beer drinking, football obsessed alpha male because that's what her friends' partners were like). I'm now trying to live up to my username once more.

I have you lot to thank for this :)

Latest posts

Back