Why Are You Lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lonely because i don't like people. I don't know how to make emotional connections i feel awkward in so many ways and since i was a little girl the only thing that wish for the future was die.
and every day i feel more and more pain and i'm drowning into a huge depression

to be lonely, or feel lonely even if you're not.
I can't say that I'm lonely but I feel that way.
I feel like I landed in another planet with all this incomprehensible creatures.

Lawrens said:
because I'm antisocial, I know it's contradicting, but I don't know, I think I'm just a sociopath, I felt that it's probably better to stay away from people.
If you love people, and can recognize yourself when you are being a creep, you are definitely not a sociopath. Almost everyone around you probably is, or they are forced into pseudo-sociopathy by society. They either care about no-one but themselves, or force themselves to care about very few. It's how we survive in a cruel world.

I think that I am lonely for two reasons:

1. for the last 3 years it's hard for me to go out with people.
2. I'm afraid of getting hurt by people.

Winterlong said:
mana said:
2. I'm afraid of getting hurt by people.
Is there any way to avoid that?
people always hurt. and doesnt matter if they are close to you or not.

well of caurse it matters. I don't give a **** if some ******* that I don't care of will hurt me. it will maybe make me angry, but it won't hurt. but when a friend, mate or partner will do that, then it really gets me down..

that's the difference...

Because I was born an ugly and awkward child who's fate is to be disliked by everyone and in my prettier socially acceptable sister's shadow. And I'm too stupid to act like a normal human. I'm also pretty good at pushing those who claim to care away because now I have a extremely negative mindset that all humans lie and will only hurt each other.

I can be at times. I spend too much time alone due to how easy it is. I don't have to deal with anything, but what I want when I want it when on my own. There is a price for that though.

Because I lost all my social skills in elementary school, so I never made friends in middle or high school. Now Im 21 and everyone I talk to, Ive known for less than a year =/

My fiancee is over 3000 miles away, i havent seen her what feels so long now. Top that with quitting my job too early, i haven't even left the house for what must be a month now.. no friends no mates ... ahh wish i was a child all over again.

There is a lot to it...
I am shy..
Not able to communicate
Interests others do not share -
do not share most other's interests
Always viewed a "outsider"
Stubborn and opinionated
People think I do not have humor
I am terrified of large groups of people
Have a disagreeable personality
Am a "prude"
and so on

Because I'm away from home for more than a year now and can't find friends here. It seems to get worse with time cuz I'm losing my confidence and constantly worrying "what's wrong with me?" and "why don't they like me?" Btw I have no problem talking to strangers. I talk to new people every day, but when I have to form a friendship, I just can't manage. Sometimes when I talk to people, I feel like I'm putting on a show so it goes smooth for a while, but if I have to do it often, it would get so tiring and nearly impossible. I guess I can't be myself in front of people.
Lately, I've been feeling like what i'm saying is not interesting to people, which is totally not objective. I've noticed that very often people speak bullshit, but if they say it with confidence and calmness, everybody listens, while you can be the best conversationalist in the world, but if you're anxious, people instantly switch off. It's really cruel. I don't switch off though. I'm really nice to shy people.
Another problem is communication with women. I just feel a bit scared when it comes to other girls. I have trouble talking to many women. Men are easy. Usually, they would talk to you just cuz you're pretty, but then comes the moment when they start hitting on you and it all goes down from there.
So yeah. I'm feeling very lonely for more than a year now and I totally hate it. The last 2 days have been really hard cuz my flatmates are not here so I'm on my own in the house. I have nobody to go out with. This place made me hate weekends cuz I'm always left alone in the house with nothing to do. It's just ridiculous!

Because I lost my job, lost contact with people. The odd person who claimed to be a 'friend' ended up making me feel worse about myself. Having no money nowdays doesn't help either.

Seems that everyone I meet ends up being a let down.

Not even that it has so much to do with being lonely, but the irony of how I choose to live and the consiquences to that.

I once had a woman I had used to work with literally drop the most explicit nude photos possible in my face. They were not done in any professional way, simply a home camera. She was a georgious bombshell. What did the photo's contain? Evidence that she was being misstreated. And I did nothing.

Another woman at the same place also pretty much tried to throw herself at me. She seemed to like to tell me how miss treated she was. Very beautiful latin woman.

Both could have been models. There are many reasons why I did nothing, but one was that I refused to be dragged into anyone elses crap for any reason. How much of a stupid coward am I?

Another was extremely pissed at me for rejecting her and may have slept with everyone around just to get revenge. She wasn't unattractive. Shortly after she moved away and I wonder to this day if part of the reason she moved was due to not wanting to see me around.

The list goes on.

Latest posts

Back