Why do I find it so difficult ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Better hope for the best but expect the worse. Bad action is worse than inaction.
If a woman likes you she'll do something, besides looking at you and smiling.
Lots of women look at me and smile. But if I ask them out or somethin' they run away. They were just trying to get my attention. Why ? 'Cause it's nice receiving attention, even from the people you wouldn't want to talk to, or get close to.

I've found they will not usually tell you directly that they like you, but will do things like frequent smiling or making a point to get your attention or act flirty around you, etc. After conveying these signals, most will not then take the initiative: they will expect the guys to do that.

ardour said:
That's an extremely cynical assessment ... unfortunately it seems right much of the time.
That and sometimes the smile's about not angering men they see as dangerous/loathsome, someone who could potentially bother them. A defense mechanism in other words.

Nonetheless, you can't forget the fact that both men AND women will smile more at someone they find physically attractive, and the studies that back up this very simple and obvious fact. A smile can mean something, therefore.. but not always. Perhaps even most of the time, a smile means nothing other than just wanting to be friendly or positive. But.. science does not lie.

Therefore.. a smile may *sometimes* be more meaningful than simple politeness. The trouble is to figure out when that is, if ever.

Latest posts

Back