Why do people go out at night?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the most fun comes from getting ready. Putting makeup on and a nice outfit. Clubbing isn't something I like as it's crowded and nasty in general.

I love the night though. I just like doing anything at night, summer nights in particular.

The thing I've noticed though is that even when people go out nowadays it's less fun than one would think because of technology. Has anyone seen The Bling Ring? That movie shows what kids of this generation do for fun lol. Selfies mainly! People don't even enjoy themselves anymore. All I see are kids on their phones and girls obsessed with taking selfies to "show" people they are having a fun time lol. I actually once spent a little over an hour at this shisha cafe and saw these girls literally take photos the whole time. No joke, no conversation except for "omg delete that pic, I look horrible" I knew one of them and later saw on facebook how much of a "great" time they had lol!

Lola91 said:
For me the most fun comes from getting ready. Putting makeup on and a nice outfit. Clubbing isn't something I like as it's crowded and nasty in general.

I agree.

I personally love going out at night - not to be involved with the drinking scene but I absolutely love clubbing. The energy of the music lifts my spirits and I can dance (badly) for hours. I find that the only place that seems to be welcoming to people who just want to dance and not be laughed at/abused by the beer boys are gay clubs, so although I am not gay, I always go there. They have better music too :)

When I'm not out, and it's warm enough, I sit outside at night with my lanterns on, listening to the sounds of the night or my MP3 player. It's absolute bliss and a different world from the daytime.

h3donist said:
When I'm not out, and it's warm enough, I sit outside at night with my lanterns on, listening to the sounds of the night or my MP3 player. It's absolute bliss and a different world from the daytime.

I feel the same way about night time being unique from the daytime. Something feels different about it and I like it too.

Strange how people change when night time comes. The busyness of the day is over, and then…what is leftover from people spills out.

Of course, this is also when the Corelings rise. Always check your wards and renew them. Never neglect them.

I never go out at night. I'd never know what I'd step in, lol. Anyway, who would want to leave a lovely warm log fire? Who would want to leave my lovely family? Unless we're going out as a girl army, then that's different. :)

I think for a lot of people, it is simply about being seen to be out, and being seen at the 'right place', with the 'right people'. And of course, being seen BY the 'right people' too.

When I used to clubbing, in my early 20's, it was always way too loud. You couldn't have a conversation (not that I had anyone to talk with anyway, I am not one of the 'right people' to be seen with), yet people seemed to still perform the pantomime of having one. Otherwise it was those doing something that they called dancing, which really just looked like they were advertising their bodies, and then just jump straight in to the making out (or more) phase with someone who you don't even know the name of. And then get drunk enough to fall over and be sick in the gutter or on the path outside. Yeeeeah, not my idea of fun.

Cucuboth said:
When I used to clubbing, in my early 20's, it was always way too loud. You couldn't have a conversation (not that I had anyone to talk with anyway, I am not one of the 'right people' to be seen with), yet people seemed to still perform the pantomime of having one. Otherwise it was those doing something that they called dancing, which really just looked like they were advertising their bodies, and then just jump straight in to the making out (or more) phase with someone who you don't even know the name of. And then get drunk enough to fall over and be sick in the gutter or on the path outside. Yeeeeah, not my idea of fun.

I can relate, have found clubbing quite boring unless I took my husband at the time to a top club where members behaved well. Then I would dress up looking good, enjoy our evening and meet up with friends.

But the downside is as you said. Drinking too much and puking up gives clubbers and clubbing a bad reputation.

Now if I'd had better health, then I'd be more likely taking my older girls to a safe place where we could enjoy ourselves. But not where we live and night times are packed with tourists, many of whom are boozed out if not drugged out.

I used to take my brother to Reading Festival. Far different scene there, and lot different for music of which we'd stand and enjoy the many great rock bands playing when the night comes down. And that would be magic. We even saw the Stones at Glastonbury, made even more enjoyable at night watching Mick Jagger strutting across the stage and Lisa Fischer belting out Gimme Shelter. Yay, those were the days. But then, I didn't have chronic fatigue syndrome like now which makes me feel retiring and very old.

It has been a long time since I have been out at night but when I did it was mainly for the music,dancing and atmosphere

I don't actually like clubbing that much, but a stroll or a movie sounds nice. Sometimes it's nice to be outside and good to meet up with someone if you live alone.

SarcasticJuan said:
I just got back from a 'night out' with my sister and her friend, they were all excited about it so I figured I'd come along, I've been out before with friends but it's really just us sitting doing nothing in a place that's way too loud and dark, and guess what, that's all I got tonight, it's all I've been to, and these places are packed with people all done up looking their best.

I don't get it, why do people just like sitting doing nothing? These aren't even dance places I go, they just have loud metal type music playing and nobody doing anything except drinking overpriced alcohol. Everyone is just sitting! :(

I don't get people. :rolleyes:

Well maybe not something that you meant but I quiet enjoy the night. Nighttime is just peaceful, I like to just get out my dorm and sit on the grass and smoke a cigarette. Would be better with more people of course :)

Latest posts

Back